Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Inevitability happens.

 

 

Today's Tids Issue 5,350 

Stay calm in all storms real or created: 

 

 

Like it or not, I expect we will be inundated by Artificial Intelligence advances going forward. In technology like this, it builds upon itself, and exponential growth may have our heads spinning until it becomes second nature somehow. Big Tech has been making big bucks on things, but now I expect it will be making even more infusing AI seamlessly into our daily lives.  

 

An artificial intelligent Oreo is one smart cookie. 

 

I am going to immerse myself in AI so I can be somewhat literal in talking about it. It’s good for the soul to keep on learning. And these days it is more a matter of techno-survival than it ever has been 

 

Or, I could just enjoy nothingness and let the world go by. 

 

Last year I joined a club for procrastinators. We haven’t met yet. 

 

The Question: 

As I wrote about it a day or two ago, Microsoft is investing billions more in two brilliant AI companies where they already have substantial investment. I heard yesterday that one outcome of this effort will be the enhancement their search engine “Bing” so significantly, that the founders of Google are running back to their desks, So the question is: Who do you think will be the big players in the next generation AI advances.  

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets Flounder In Mid-Morning; Numbers Remain Red but Improve in Mid PM; Microsoft Bears Bottom, Misses Top; Company Expresses Positive Long-Term Successes but Cautions for the Short Term. 

--US (Abrams) and Germany (Leopards) Sending Advanced tanks T to Ukraine. 

--Anecdotal Evidence Sees Consumers Moving to Cautions Side of Spending. 

--Marjorie Taylor Greene Says She is Well Positioned to be Trump's VP in Next Election.  

--Mourners Attend Solemn Ceremonies for Victims of Two California Mass Shootings.  

 

The president is rolling out a “Renter's Bill of Rights”. The proposal includes a push for “Federal Rent Control” I am fully aware that rents are much too high. A lot of it is just inflation contrived greed. Some is due to building owners getting sucked into paying too much for their property during the recent real estate gold rush. But the last thing I want is Federal Rent Control. Just big gov appealing to the many who don't understand the United States.  

 

It is said that AI will achieve human intelligence by 2040. It could be sooner if we keep on lowering the bar.  

 

And then there is no Intelligence. Have you read about the mindless creeps in North Carolina who think it is a good idea to put razor blades in gas pump handles? Hey, gas pumps are already painful.  

 

I look around the web and even watch sitcoms on TV. and the more I do m the more see what I don't know. But most of what I see assures me I am missing nothing.  

 

The younger generations are always pushing the envelope, jumping int something new and trendy on a regular basis. I haven’t perfected the old yet. 

 

Let’s see. I could go out and buy an expensive treadmill and bore myself to tears walking to nowhere in a room. Or I can go outside and feel life and see nature at its grandest and walk as long and as much as I like. And frankly, find something new around each corner. Or perhaps, bump into a great friend. 

 

The Answer: 

I may give you more than one list because I am not intelligent enough to decipher the rankings. On one list we have as #10 Cloudera and they are preceded by SalesForce, SenseTime, Dataiku, H2O.ai, Metaverse Platforms, DeepMind, C3.ai, IBM and #1, Amazon Web Services. Another list has it #1 Amazon then Apple, Banjo, DJI, Facebook, Google, HISiliicon, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Nvidia, OpenAI (MSoft, Amazon and Musk are big investors here), Qualcom, SenseTime and Twitter. Finally according to a stock analyst consensus, long Term Investors may want to look at Microsoft, Alphabet, Amazon, IBM, Intuitive Surgical,  WorkDay, Palantir Technologies, Dynatrace, and UiPath. I can imagine that these related stocks will be the next overbought segment of American technology. But, there will be winners... just like in PowerBall. 

 

AI Rocks: 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment