Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, January 20, 2023

TMI.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,347 

Non-conceptual understanding: 

 

 

The big Zen question in my personal universe is: Do I like potato chips or salt? 

 

As I watch the news from the Tech sector it’s becoming obvious that these innovative companies are entering the maturing phase of their history. Off the charts growth measurements as an investment strategy may be a thing of the past. That doesn't mean at all they are bad companies. They just have to be measured differently on the street. Many have been understanding their fates and ahcv broadened theor spectrum of opportunities, obviously hoping one of them hitch a ride on a shooting star. The big question now is: Did they pick the best road to the future for their shareholders. The above sounded clearer and more intelligent when I was taking my shower.  

 

Exclamation points make me happy. I think the world needs more exclamation points.  

 

I really liked David Crosby. I liked him with the Byrds and Mr. Tambourine Man and with Crosby Stills and Nash and their could sound. 

 

Remember how happy we seemed to be when we had less information. 

 

The Question: 

Crosby Stills and Nash was a great Trio, but at times they were a quarttet. Who was the fourth man. Bonus: LIV is a competitive Golf league making life uncomfortable for the PGA. What does LIV stand for? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets Struggling to Bounce Back After Yesterday's Painful Lurch Downward; All Eyes on Debt Battle.; Netflix Subscribers Increase. 

--Zelenski at Davos Pleads for More Tanks. 

--White House Betting Repubs Will Blink on Debt Ceiling Crisis. 

--Netflix Founder Reed Hastings Stepping Down as CEO. 

--Massive Fire Erupts in South Korea Slum District. 

--Alphabet Jumps into Employee Cuts Race Laying Off 12,000 

 

The world Honchos at Davos have been pleasantly leaning upwards the optimistic side when discussing the "R” word. It has been a surprise to many of the critical observers. Honcho after honcho is using words like “Softer”, “Smaller”, “Later", “Lighter”. It is a tone of relief, and positive thinking. The opinions come economic leaders across the global spectrum. Global optimism is good for the USA.  

 

David Crosby was a rock star’s, rock star! He nearly died several times form Alcohol and drugs. You gotta root for a guy who comes back up from the gutter. 

 

Sometimes I see these great emotional scenes in my head, and when I sit down to create them, I find I can’t paint. Sometimes I create these amazing theories in my mind and when Isit down to explain them I find I don’t have a big enough vocabulary. That just means Ij should never stop learning.  

 

Hey! The TidsPickers had a pretty good result for the first NFL playoff weekend. 5–1, with only the Giants game bringing me down. Thanks also for Trevor, Four games are on tab this weekend and they all could be tough, even KC against Jax. Those two both have pretty inventive coaches and Jax is proving to me to be more than just Lawrence. But the Chiefs still have the Magician, and I will stick with State Farm’s spokes guy. But this could be the big upset. The other AFC game will be a war, renewing the tussle suspended by Hamin’s heart attack. I believe Burrow is playing better than Allen now, Buffalo looks a little out of sorts, but Cincy has also been a mystery at times. I’m picking the Bengals. The Giants play their archrival, the Eagles. Is Jalen Hurts healed? That is the Question. Daniel Jones looked all world last week, but Philly is another step up. But I think Philly is a better all-around tesm. The sexy game of the weekend is Dallas against San Fransisco and their plucky QB Brock Purdy who has captured the imagination of all of us who believe in fairy tales. Old Zak looked great last week And Dallas was near prefect. But TB is a mediocre team and San Fran is at the top of their game. I gotta stay with the Niners.  

 

A trusted reader sent me a note about an NPR program she was listening to a week or so ago where one of the guests to the surprise of all the others said that you'd have to use one of those reusable shopping bags 7,100 times to make it have a smaller environmental impact than a basic plastic grocery bag! As long as you bring the plastic bags back for recycling they are way less environmentally harmful than the reusable type. Do you realize how many trees are cut down ot produce those inconvenient paper bags?  

 

These so-called iconic “Influencers” really don't mean much if you never use social media. Whatever they are. 

 

From a good and reliable reader, Department: 

“Although the media and some officials were quick to link a series of powerful storms to climate change, researchers and climate scientists are still studying the size and severity of storms that killed 19 and caused up to $1 Billion in damage. Initial assessments suggest the destruction had more to do with California's historic drought-to-deluge cycles, mountainous topography and aging flood infrastructure than it did with climate-altering greenhouse gasses.” 

 

It’s always good to reassess media reports, especially when cameras can home in on the worst of a wider expanse.  

 

National Debt Ceiling, Department: 

The number is tremendous, and it represents $96K per citizen and 246K per taxpayer. (Note: this number changes by the nanosecond). So now see what everybody knows, a relatively small percentage of taxpayers assume a disproportionate responsibility for the economic health of the country.  

 

BTW, I’m all over the place on what needs or be done with the debt ceiling. When politics gets interjected, logic seems to disappear. This is too big to blindly follow a politician. 

 

I know I have said this often but why can’t sports just be sports -- an excursion away from the tedious anger that pervades discussions. Can he or she play the games, that is what counts. It counts just as much in the game of life.  

 

Somehow I made it through life without having a brand.  

 

“Food Experts” will drive me to an early death... that is if I actually cared about their condemnations of my favorite foods. 

 

One of the more annoying cultural trends is compelling people to wear symbols in support of an organization or activist movement. And if you say, no thanks, I’m happy be unadorned, you may get crucified on social media. I try to avoid wearing clothes with manufacturers' logos.  

 

The Answer: 

You probably all knew that Neil Young was the fourth CSN&Y at times. Bonus: LIV is the roman numeral for 54. I didn't know that. I thought it was a secret club motto in Arabic. Yes 54 a score a golfer would get if he or she birdied all 18 holes on par 72 course. And 54 is also the number of holes played in this new tour championships. 

 

I bet you won’t be surprised to notice that there is a David Crosby song below. I didn’t know whether to go to the Byrds or CSN(Y). So, today is a 2 for 1 day. Too many of the 60’s =- 70’s rockers are dying, and they’re younger than me. So, I don’t mind taking the time to give a little r-e-s-p-e-c-t.  

 

 

 

 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment