Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

There ain’t no vacancy in the swamps.

Today's Tids Issue 2,139
Opening Stuff:

Have they lost their collective minds? Playing a Superbowl in frigid New York Area all for the chance to be over charged in NYC. If you think you have seen manic frivolity over Superbowls in the past, wait to you see the over the top giddiness by the most Giddy of them all. You will see The Donald, Regis and assorted glad-handers raising giddiness to heights never before seen even in the rosey red apple.

When you look at many of our leaders, it is easy to see that Americans in the goodness of their hearts readily accept sociopaths as normal. Yes, we are led by those who have no guilt, no morals and see no dishonor in the most grievous of activities. Isn’t great how we care here in American; To allow these less fortunate with severe sociopathic tendencies the opportunity to serve and rise to unprecedented levels of power. Check out this profile of a sociopath and see how your beloved political leader meets these standards: http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html Makes your heart flutter, doesn’t it.

The Question:
Quick now…imagine in your mind the alphabet A,B, C….X, Y, Z. Now tell me the two words you can find and one man’s nickname.

The Headlines:
--BP To attempt Closure Of Well Technique This Morning; Results Could Be Known By Evening.
--Gate’s Saying Not So Fast On “Don’t Ask…”
--Prez Authorizes Sending 1,200 National Guard troops To Border.
--North Korea Ramps Up Tension; Cuts Ties With SK.
--World Stocks Up; Fears Over Euro-Econ And Koreas Bring Caution.
--Stocks Make Come Back On Bottom Fishing.
--Nicole Scherzinger And Partner Derek Hough Nip Early Fave Evan And Partner For “Dancing” Title; Glitter Abounds.
--“The Great Mocker” Tries To Charm GOP Lawmakers With Lunch; It didn’t Work.

Back to More Stuff:

Good news for California Republican Senate candidates…The Prez flew out to campaign for Barbara Boxer.

If you go by the performances, BoSox blew Lee away on Idol last night. All of her three performances were stronger than Lee’s and her “Black Velvet” was one of the best by anybody for the year. So, based on last night, BoSox should win it all. It all depends on the demographic make-up of the voters.

Oh, and “BoSox” is back to being an honorable nickname for Chrystal Bowersox. The beloveds, the BoSox (Boston Red Sox) are playing like champions again.

Lets hear for Nimby’s. This tribe of peace living people are certainly among the most persecuted in a modern civilization. Especially by many the press who for some reason don’t think people should like what they have. Of course the smartest band of Nimby’s ever were the venerable Swamp Yankees of RI and New England. These were people who just didn’t like the encroachment of over crowded cities, towns and villages. They would move to exclusionary pieces of inexpensive land, often found near forbidding swamps. Of course when the Towns folk would look and see those happy people they would want to move there too. And then the SW’s would pack up move down to the next bog. So if some body demeans you by calling you a Nimby. Just say thanks. I’m proud of it.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 24 continues. –Driving time is one of pleasures, and I haven’t done it in over a month now. Billy’s comment on lawyers made me realize how much I have been living down a rabbit hole for so long now. I had stopped thinking, stopped analyzing. Accepting everything at face. Of course there are issue with building a company’s future around data obtained illegally. Even though the company appeared to be an innocent bystander. Did I overlook everything because I felt so good for Kent’s project? And what about Kent? How am I going to control myself when I am with him? I saw something in his eyes when he found me in that bathroom. Was it something I should have feared? Obviously I wasn’t. All he had to do was brush his finger tips against my neck, and my body reacted almost immediately with an almost ravenous need.
All of a sudden I noticed that I was passing the scene of my accident. I automatically peered into my rear view mirror. Ah, no big black SUV’s I thought, and laughed out loud. Just a simple Chevrolet about 60 yards behind.
The trip was a breeze, and it was good to see old Jake at the parking garage. “Why Misus Durh’m he shouted and that absolutely bright and lovable manner of his. Jake made getting out of bed and starting work a pleasure.
“Why you are in excellent humor, this morning,” I replied to keep the good mood going.
“It’s just because it is so good to see you again Misus. Just so Good…” he was muttering as I stepped into the elevator.
“The scene at the office as I entered was another story.

There is something that bothers me about a world economy that needs the governments to pump in gigantous sums of money to get it going. And that includes the once formidable USA economy. Has economics lost its way?

After my little piece a couple of days ago about taxing sugary drinks, a reader reminds me that this is a Michelle Obama plot. You have to wonder if Prime Time yesterday serve up a lunch to the GOP that featured all healthy foods.

No question that the firemen and women of the world are among the bravest of individuals. But, has their recent exalted almost celebrity like status made them arrogant intimidators of taxpayers and home owners?

So far most of the finale’s have been pretty satisfying. But that NCIS program last night was a disaster. Maybe the most disjointed program I have ever seen. What were they thinking. And it is one of my favorites. I think they tried too hard to establish new story lines for next year by sucking our brains out of our heads last night. Good grief!

During the Prime Time-The Great Mocker-0-Man sponsored peace pow-wow yesterday, one of the criticisms of the increasingly thin-skinned President that seemed to capture the political divide perfectly was this: “I (Senator Corker) told him there was a tremendous disconnect between his words and his administrations actions.” I couldn’t agree more. In fact, I don’t believe or react to any words he says.

The Answer:
The two words see are “Hi” and “No”. The man’s nick name is “Stu”. We live in a world full of puzzles ,and often miss them.

Say Good-Bye Dick:
Well, gotta go. I just found a nice little piece of land away from every body under a majestic green mountain. “Oh…that’s a landfill.” Maybe I’ll move to a small town in Alaska. There’s nobody up there to bother you. “Oh, Joe McGinnis is moving in next door.” Aaargh! How about Burillville?

No comments:

Post a Comment