Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tomorrow will never be like today.

Today's Tids Issue 2,122
Opening Stuff:

It seems like only a few months ago when I was discussing with a friend how “The Shrimp Cocktail” was once considered a primo, special occasion, dining out treat! It looks like we may be headed back in time as the oil seeps into birthing beds.

Why do the eastern elite think they know more than Arizonans who have to put up with illegal citizens every day?

Winter must be nearing an end…there were two large cruise ships sitting in the harbor yesterday. And lots of lost walkers looking for directions.

The Huffington Post now has an on-line circulation bigger than that of the NY Times. The Times they are achangin’.

The Question: 78 years ago today Al Capone was convicted and sent to prison. Name 5 other legendary gangsters.

The Headlines:
--Amber Rose Johnson Of Providence RI Classical High School Wins National High School Poetry Competition. Her Smile Lit Up the West Side Of Capitol City.
--Pakistani Man From Connecticut Held In Time Square Bomb Attempt.
--Flood Has Nashville Singing A Sad Song.
--Iceland Ash Close Irish Airports.
--U. Virginia Star-Lacrossed Lovers End In Tragedy; Men’s Team Sub Arrested For First Degree Murder Of Women’s team Player.
--RI Motor Vehicle Registration Clerk Nabs 4 Illegal Immigrants Applying For License With False Papers.
--Obama Admin Offers “Mini-Medicare” Package; Employers Can Now Tap Into New $5 Billion To Help Pay for Health care Of 55-64 Yo. Employees.
--Celtics Even Series With Cavs.
--Market Expected To Open Lower.
--Goldman Now Facing Suits From Shareholders.

Back to More Stuff:

24-um: Dana Walsh turned into one great villainess, I’d say. The booby trap scene in the bank was classic. –But the great line came from Jack in response to Dana’s “How can I help you?” – “You can’t” Bam!! –Jack is clearly on a mission and nothing will get in his way. –I love the ugliness shown by the new guy taking over the CTU op. – Chloe will save the day. –I’m hoping that the Prez goes down. –How about President Logan and Mrs. Hassam as lovers! Did you see the glint in his eye? –Overall, a great super fast moving episode. Music was great for tension building.

Did you hear about that Texan named Glenn Fullerton and his big payday at the Kentucky Derby. Apparently CNBC has this contest in a joint promotion with the Derby folks. People are invited to qualify for the drawing by picking the final daily closing stock numbers during a specified time. Those who qualify are put into a pool (This year 67,000) and a winner is picked. The winner gets a first class all-the-way trip to Louisville and…a briefcase full of cash…$100,000 in cash! Here’s the catch. The winner must bet that cash on one horse. Fullerton picked Super Savor, a rather obscure horse. Not the popular favorite – Lookin at Lucky, nor the media darling filly – Devil may Care (The media always becomes enraptured with the fillies). That’s what impressed me. He actually did the work to win. He studied the muddy track and the horses best for it. He studied how the jockeys were doing that day in previous races in the mud. He didn’t just follow the crowd. He took full responsibility for his own decision. And he won. The briefcase grew to a satchel full of $900,000. Nice day!

I see where Provincetown Mass is closing its High School. Very sad for the working people that are left in this once flourishing fishing center. The working fishermen and trades people, long the backbone of this town at the tip have been driven out by the chi-chi high cost of living and housing. The second problem is the disappearance of year round children in this haven for gays and lesbians that only produced two births last year. No kids no schools. Well, at least taxes will go down. Yeah, sure!

Most of the marathon runners ate at a fast food restaurant before the race! Makes sense.

Scientists have now proven what most people have always felt – the sun makes you high. And, according to new research, it’s more than coming back out into brightness after a long gloomy indoor winter. Apparently the sun stimulates the body juices producing a substance similar to morphine! Go out and smell the poppies. EeeeeeHah!

The auto industry is well on the road to recovery, but it is all due to fewer and lower paying jobs.

If you ever catch me sneaking a peak at the new reality geezer show with the demeaning title “Sunset Daze” shoot me. This show about the loves and lives of retirees will have younger folks evoking that dusty old adjective phrase “Aren’t they cute!” Cute! Drooling and wobbling isn’t cute. I never thought an old person was cute. Another favorite word to describe these Sun City sinners will be the dreadful “Frisky”. God help me.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 70. –“Hello Sally, this is Sarah Durham.” Sally said hi back and just waited. These damn scientists, I thought. They never commit. My mind wandered to Kent and my feelings of last night. I slept surprisingly well. Does that make me a psychopath or something like that? Anyhow, when I awoke I was actually refreshed, and cheerful fixing breakfast for the kids and Paul. I even gave Paul a healthy kiss as he left. He turned red and stammered a little. Actually he looked back twice as he walked out to the car.Well
“Hello, hello” I heard Sally breaking into my thoughts.
“Sorry Sally, My mind has been wandering a lot since my hospital ordeal.” She said she understood.
Sally, I have a meeting with Izzy today. I’d like to talk to you for a few moments when I’m finished.”
“That’s fine Mrs. Durham” she responded cautiously.
“Call me Sarah,” I quickly inserted. Then I added, “You don’t have to be leery of me.” She was still silent. Maybe talking to Sally will be a waste of time. “Paul said you were a great observer, and I just have a couple of small questions about Bromsky. I realize you didn’t work for him, but I like that other party view at times.”
She immediately agreed adding the words “Oh, Paul said that!” She informed me that Paul would be there this afternoon too. I thought that is good since he really knows these people well, and has his own new doubts about Kent. “I’m thinking that I’ll be in your area around 3:00.
I immediate called Paul after hanging up.

In a world of vagaries, of this you can always be sure: the Oldest person in the world will eventually die. So keep on plugging. Someday you may make it to the top!

The way the admin authorizes cash payments like the just announced “Mini-Medicare” program, I have to figure that there must be one huge safe in the White House.

The Answer;
My first thoughts are Baby Faced Nelson, John Dillinger, Pretty Boy Floyd and Willie Sutton. Then there are the mafia luminaries like Frank Nitti, Lucky Luciano and Bugsy Siegel. Who could forget the delightful honeymooners Bonnie & Clyde. And, if you are looking for a mother’s day special, there’s the frisky Ma Barker.

The End:
I have learned never to leave a question hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment