Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Plant well!

Today's Tids Issue 2,183
Opening Stuff:

I watch the grasses, the long stemmed flowers wavering in the breezes. The playthings of fickle winds willing to be drawn to the whims of shifting wafts; Or violent gusts. Yet the roots are strong. They flirt but never leave. I watch the wind driven grasses hoping that we can build strong roots for generations of those to come. That they may resist the winds of temptation. The breezes of appealing lures. I wonder. Are we loosening too much of the soil around the bases of our children?

Frankly, I kinda liked Tony Hayward.

A new Gallop Poll reports a high degree of uncertainty looming for the 2012 elections…at this point. Overall it has the 0-Man leading Republican candidates in general 44% to 42%. In other words, it’s any body’s game. The big new difference is that 45% of Independents prefer a Republican candidate to 31% for “Prime Time”. The survey names Romney and Palin as the two leading candidates. Specifically, a Rasmussan poll has Romney and 0-Man in a dead heat and 0-Man leading Palin 48-42. A “real Clear Politics” Public Policy Poll shows that Huckabee will be Obama’s toughest foe come 2012 with 0-Man a scant 46-45 leader. This same poll shows 0-Palin – 50/44, 0-Romney – 47/42 and 0-Pawlenty – 48/35. A little hypothetical idea stimulation for you. How will the November elections affect what 0-Man will become for the remainder of his term?

The Question: Today marks the 70th birthday of one of the famed Warner Brother’s cartoon characters (Hint: His antagonist had a lot of twouble with “R’s”.) Name five WB cartoon favorites. Bonus Question: Bobby Gentry is 66 today. Who is she and what did she do?

The Headlines:
--White House Circling The Wagons Around War Leaks.
--New Nielson Poll Shows That Hispanic Support Of El Presidente Is Cracking.
--Strong June Existing Home Sales Keep Market Flying; Good Earnings Reports Also Support More Positive Outlook For Economy.
--Balgojevich Trial Nearing End; Blago Lawyer Risks Contempt Charge As Dispute With Judge over Mandated Exclusions From Closing Gets Heated.
--Russian Spies Receive Celebrity Treatment On Their Return To the Mother Land.
--Huge Natural Gas Reserves Found In Mediterranean Waters Bordered By Israel And Lebanon; Ownership Dispute Could Rise To Conflict Between Two resource Poor Nations.
--World Profits Picture Has US Futures Market Soaring This Morning.

Back to More Stuff:

One of the major leaks about the current wars in the Middle East and central Asia is that allies like Pakistan aren’t as strong as they are portrayed by admin officials. Duh.

With the stock market looking quite strong and news supporting continued steady economic recovery you can count on one thing for sure. We are going to have a scary retraction in stocks sometime in the next five weeks.

Somehow, I think Blago will go free.

Has the arrogance of politicians ever been more apparent than there in little Bell California. Is there a grimier demonstration of leadership corruption or sadder example of the lack of voter intelligence?

I think the greatest example of “Change” is the President’s willingness to appear on any TV show with a few points in ratings. Of course, his latest kicking and screaming adventure in Boob Tube land is on the equally annoying “View”. Gag. And then there is “Hope”. Hope that this President would just lock himself in the Oval Office and read the constitution.

On a similar note…will there be a more overwrought, smarmy news period than that day or two when Babwa Walters returns to the public from heart surgery.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 85 continues. –“Hello Kent.” Somehow, her voice always makes me feel like something I have never been. Even as I become leery of her subtly changing persona, I am always drawn back to her. I find it hard to escape her.
“Hello Sarah/Maggie,” I replied. “It is unusually good to hear your voice today. You put Isabelle in a bad mood.” I laughed a little.
“Oh really,” she said almost triumphantly.
If you have a minute or two, I could really enjoy a Diet Coke at Marie’s. If you have the time.” I added. Are you at Henry’s I thought? And then without a moment’s hesitation she said she would love to see me. She would love to see me, I thought. I would love to see her I knew. Something has happened since she last left my place. Yet, she still looks into my eyes the same way. She still makes feel like somebody I have never been.
“I’m in the parking lot at Bi-Em. I just had to get out of there. How about fifteen minutes?”
“How about a half hour, she replied.” That’s odd I thought. Why do I feel what I feel so rapturously, but examine every word she says. Because I know she isn’t telling me the truth. At least some of the time. I’ll take a drive trough town, I thought. “That would be fine,” I answered.
And Sarah/Maggie replied softly, almost in a whisper, “I’m looking forward to it.”

Well, tonight’s the night. Yup, it is the night when America decides if its most talented people climb walls, perform fiery magic, sing yet another soulful song and or belt out with vigor just about any song ever written.. I personally like the rock climbers, but it will be between Alice and Antonio. It’s totally a guess. For the encore, It would be helpful if they voted the host Nick Cannon off the program.

The Answer:
Everybody has to love Bugs who is 70 years old today. Also from WB Loony Toons is the frustrated wabbit chaser Elmer Fudd, Porky Pig, Tweety Pie, Sylvester, Daffy Duck, Pepe LePew, Road Runner, and a host of some of the most lovable characters in American entertainment history. Bonus: Singer, songwriter Bobby Gentry had a meteoric rise with her huge hit song “Ode to Billy Joe.” This was the biggest hit of the year knocking the Beetle’s Sgt. Pepper’s album out o top place she won Best Female Artist and Best New Performer Grammies. And then just as if she jumped off a bridge into darkened waters she faded from the public view. She lives quietly and presumably happily ion LA.

The End:
I have been moved by breezes, shaken by powerful winds. Yet I have felt the tug of strong roots bringing me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment