Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tree in the forest syndrone.

Today's Tids Issue 2,175
Opening Stuff:

A test tube baby is a “womb with a view.”

Dennis the Menace got it right when this morning he said to his Mom, “Why do they call it news when it’s just the same old thing.” Not only do they dwell on old stuff but they try to refresh the old stuff by stretching the truth about it. For instance…The news about the oil spill is the prospects of the recapping and valve adjustment. But, for a more sensational story they seek out a couple of those who’s pay-out requests may have been turned-down by BP. Obviously these selective few are going to appear bitter and cast a pall of uncertainty over a process that actually may be working quite well (We will never know from the limited report). But, are these naysayers representative of the thousands who properly filed requests and were quickly funded? They never tell you the whole story, but only the story they want out.

Maybe Dennis should ask, If an event happens and nobody reports it, did the event really happen. It's a summer thing.

The Question:
Linda Ronstadt is 64 today. Give me 5 of her best songs. I think liked her best when early in her career she was part of a group. Name the group.

The Headlines:
--Oil Spill Admiral Says Ok To Test New Well Cap.
--Banks Expected To Foreclose On 1 Million Homes IN 2010.
--Argentina Votes for gay marriage.
--New Time Mag Poll Says People Like 0-Man Better Than Policies.
--Weak Manufacturing Reports Have Stocks Falling.
--New Jobless Claims Drop Significantly.

Back to More Stuff:

I mistakenly implied yesterday that our chief executive was Muslim. A reader brought it to my attention that I was wrong. I had justified my conclusion by an obviously shady memory of his Cairo, Egypt Address to the Muslim World. Here’s what he actually said: “I am a Christian, but my father came from a Kenyan family that includes generations of Muslims. As a boy, I spent several years in Indonesia and heard the call of the azaan at the break of dawn and the fall of dusk. As a young man, I worked in Chicago communities where many found dignity and peace in their Muslim faith. As a student of history, I also know civilization's debt to Islam. It was Islam - at places like Al-Azhar University - that carried the light of learning through so many centuries, paving the way for Europe's Renaissance and Enlightenment…”

Michigan has joined Alabama, Florida, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas and Virginia as a growing list of states in defense of Arizona’s right to enforce the restriction of criminals sneaking unlawfully into their state. Actually, I see this as a pretty good common sense issue. The feds aren’t doing the job they are being overpaid to do. The people who are paying are saying enough…we don’t need you. We can expect more states to join as the feds drag their feet.

The group of men watching the perfumed woman walk by were smellbound.

You have to think that Apple execs got a little full of themselves when they decided to bring out the iPhone. Is it possible that arrogance outweighed sensible business judgment? There is something seriously wrong with a state of the art technology company’s new product when a user needs to apply “Duct tape” to gain proper signal strength. .It sounds like a Mad Comic look at the technology industry. It’s always good for a successful company to experience a little humble pie from time to time.

Maybe the current White House would work better if we wrapped it in duct tape!

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 82 continues. My winning personality seems to be abandoning me lately, I thought. Then I chuckled a little to myself. Sarah is dismissing me. Laura is missing and Izzy is catatonic. And I have always been such a ladies man. I got up and walked behind Izzy’s desk and grazed her bare shoulder with my fingers. “Relax. Everything is going to be just fine. I hate it when you look evil. I will control Sarah.”
Izzy turned her head upward; reached up and touched my hand briefly. These new corporate open door policies are not very good for intimacy. “Do you really think you can handle her?”
“I’ll try”, I said with a perfectly straight face. “I just don’t want you doing anything rash. My team says we are on the verge of that breakthrough we need. At that point we can relinquish any need to own that Bromsky data. RL&H will see dollar signs in their eyes. And their thoughts about illegal activities will disappear. Guaranteed.” Izzy then smiled a little.
“That’s why I love you Kent.” She looked deeply inside me for a moment. “I’ve got to get back to work.”
“I hope you didn’t raise too many alarms with Sarah. She is not the helpless flower she may appear to be.” I will call her and see if she would like to meet tomorrow.” I turned and left. There was something about Sarah’s distant look this morning that was making me doubt my self.

When people say the word “veggies” I get the impression they are talking about friends.

With Congress and the President being so quiet these days, don’t you get the eerie feeling that somebody is plotting against you.

You’ll get a more positive feeling about America if you watch the actions of responsible citizens as opposed to those of the elected megalomaniacs.

The Answer:
It’s tough to boil down Ronstadt’s enormous output to five. But the best known may be Blue Bayou (never did much for me), Different Drum, Hurt so Bad, You’re no Good and All my Life. She sang with the group “Stone Ponies”. Frankly, after reading through her life’s work, I guess I just wasn’t much of a fan of her. Sometimes when a person gets so much publicity, you think that you probably knew everything about her.

Is it the End if Nobody reads the Beginning?
Dennis the Menace should add that their seems to be an absence of good Tids out their too. The world is feeling kind of inert to me. A calm before a storm. Maybe it’s just because people are so hot they are staying inside in air conditioned bliss and not outside doing stupid things.

No comments:

Post a Comment