Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Where have you gone Adam Smith?

Today's Tids Issue 2,168
Opening Stuff:

I think that a positive outlook can help beat the heat.

Some new economic research is saying that depressions/recessions are deeper and more painful ever since the Government started getting into the business of trying to save the situation. That the intrusion of the Feds in 1929 has essentially stolen the spirit of true capitalism from America. The clearest example being the recent the bailouts that exonerated bad decision making. With no bailout, the need for new Fed Fin regulations would have been totally unnecessary. Pure capitalism is self regulating. And Government intervention at any level is contamination.

Just as too broad a government safety net steals the human soul. And condemns the lowest levels of society to eternal bondage.

When some clown thinks it’s a good idea to set off a few fireworks after most neighbors are snug in their beds, I think twice about it and am thankful I don’t live in a neighborhood with drive by shootings every night. But he/she is still an irresponsible dolt.

The Question:
Most of know Nancy Davis as the person with her eyelids sewn to her eyebrows. But, in the forties and fifties when her eyes were aflutterin’, she was an able actress. Name five of her best known films. Bonus: Who did she date before Ron?

The Headlines:
--Unstable Stocks And Rickety Bonds Have Some Worried About Next Dip.
--Heat Smothers US.
--World Markets Up As Europe Gobbles Up Last Week’s Pummeled Stocks.
--Obama And Netanyahu To Hold Fence Mending Talks.
--Stoudemire First Of Big NBA Free Agents To Fall.
--News Light This Morning As Hot Weather Neutralizes Hot Air From DC.

Back to More Stuff:

As the larger than normal sun bore down, I noticed the bristling of leaves in a large hydrangea bush out side the window. Aah!, I thought, a nice breeze stirring to counter the high heat. But, no, it was bees darting from flower to flower doing their daily work. No complaints about the heat. Just doing what they gotta do.

I don’t follow hot dog eating contest champions.

The local paper keeps printing a news item “More of state budget allocated to prisons than education.” Maybe if the schools had been doing a better job, the prisons wouldn’t be so full. But then we give education too much credit. First, it has been fairly well proven that increased funds does not a better education system make. We also know that home and neighborhood environments are more likely the root cause of habitual criminal lives. So the headline may be a clever idea for those who released the story to the newspaper. But, it is a disservice to the public for the newspaper to publish it without thinking.

How about those Dems now in love with “Their Guy” General Patraeus. He’s the same guy that the Dem lefties labeled General “Betrayous”. And the Conservatives were up in arms. Of course now, some conservatives are trying to poke holes in the selection of the skillful general. Which proves once again that nothing in political rhetoric is real.

If you don’t move fast in high heat days you’ll remain relatively cool.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 81. –Isabelle looked tense as I walked in. Not as tense as I felt after being in the middle of two men who didn’t know what each other was thinking and only completely opposite parts of what I was thinking. I needed to vent, but I decided that this was not the time to be hard ass with izzy. She was clearly nervous. I could get more with a lot of understanding, while still getting across our position.
“Good morning, My friend’ she started as I entered the grander appearing than usual office. Or was I just thinking it looked more luxurious now that she was spending our money? Ah, the paranoid lender. I laughed to myself. Maybe tension becomes me. And I smiled inwardly again. Kent smiles inwardly, I thought.
“And a beautiful morning to you too Izzy.” She rose and moved towards her work table where she had neatly stacks of files. I hate stacks of files I thought. I continued as we walked to chairs opposite each other. “How is BiEm progressing?” I asked the harmless question first.
“We had a good meeting last night and it appears that the Middleton Group is moving forward better than expected with the new Bromsky data.” Interesting, I thought – Better than expected/? That is what Paul thought too.
“Well, as you have probably assumed, it is precisely the Bromsky data that brings me here this morning. Not that, we your Mountain of cash,” I smiled and she smiled nervously back, “don’t like having breakthrough data like that on our side. But, frankly,” Now I put on my best business stare, “Our legal department is worried.” She said nothing, but nodded in understanding. “Have you been talking to your legal department too.”
She moved her right hand to one of the stacks. Ah, the stacks. She was ready. I put up my hand hopefully to stop her from reading some deadly legal terminology. “Just give me a two or three sentence plain English opinion. I paused. “I trust you Isabelle.” She turned back towards me. But continued to withdraw a file and flip it open.

( Note: It is possible that some of you because of yesterday's holiday were forced to miss the latest installment of you favorite novel in progress. Go to the archives to your left anc lick on "Here a hero; There a hero".)

So, you probably heard about the guy who Ran out of gas on a deserted road. While contemplating his fate a bee flew in the window and said. ”What’s the problem?” After telling the happy bee of the his problem, the bee said “Wait a minute” and flew away. Within seconds, a swarm of bees appeared and flew into the gas tank. A moment later the friendly bee reappeared and said “Try it now.” The man turned the key, and sure enough the engine roared to life. “Wow!” said the man. “What did you do?” “It was easy”, said the new bee pal…..”BP”.

Some Americans are smartly taking advantage of lower priced, foreclosed home market.

The government mortgage aid programs simply prolonged the agony of people who had no chance of ever paying anything back. Probably from the first minute after signing the original mortgage papers.

The Answer:
Her best efforts were in East Side, West Side, Shadow on the Wall, The Next Voice You Hear, Donovan’s Brain, Hellcats of the Navy (Some say her best acting job), Night into Morning, It’s a Big Country and Shadow in the Sky. She was typically cast as a “Loyal housewife”, “Responsible young mother” or “The Steady Woman”. Before the future Prez, she dated Clark Gable.

The End:
I don’t think there is a chance in hell that the US can ever restore pure capitalism. All we can do now is dream about what used to be great. Oh, wait a minute, we could close down Congress for five years. Hmmmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment