Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Stupid is as stupid does.

Today's Tids Issue 2,184
Opening Stuff:

One of the ongoing problems contributing to the continued collapse of what was once the greatness of the US of A is American’s addiction to stupidity! In fact, one of the fastest growing industries in America has as its basis Americans doing stupid things and other Americans paying to watch it. And of course, the hottest industry of all requires people to put all of their most personal thoughts and data on the world wide web for all to see. I mean God just has to love all of this creativity from his beloved humans.

It’s a good thing I’m perfect!

Uh-Oh! Lincoln Chafee just lost my vote. And I expect many others. How inept can a politician be? In case you missed it, the former Senator now Independent front runner for the RI Governor’s office said Monday that Curt Shilling’s famous “Bloody Sock” was a fake. It’s one thing to make a false claim about one of the most memorable events in Red Sox history, but to say it in a stronghold for Red Sox Nation -- insanity. His claim was 100% wrong. And more than that, stupid. It appears that his wife may be retracting some of her campaign funding.

Remember that one of the big contributors to the Scott Brown upset was his opponent Martha Coakley’s dissing of the Red Sox fans.

The Question:
People also pay enormous sums of money for art. The prices equal sums that could be used to start five or six good industries. Name the five most expensive paintings ever sold.

The Headlines:
--152 Die In Fiery Pakistan Air Plane Crash; 2 Americans Among Dead.
--Judge Expected To Rule On Arizona Law Today.
--Surprise: Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) Comes Out In Support Of Tax Cheat Rangel; Pelosi Agrees; Ethics Panel, Rangel Lawyers Talking Settlement.
--Jury Mulling Blago Case.
--30 Homes Near Majave Destroyed In California Wildfire.
--Factory Orders For Big Ticket Items Down 1% In June; Market Down Slightly On Durables Report.
--French First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarcozy To Make Acting Debut In Next Woody Allen Movie Midnight In Paris.

Back to More Stuff:

After listening to comments from the CBC about their view of the lyin’ and cheatin’ by Charles Rangle, it appears that race is destined to become a big and growing part of the equation, It is now likely that the Billy Daniel’s effect is going to get him off -- That old Black Magic!

The American Civil Liberties Union has to be one of the most dishonest organizations in the country. But, that’s what happens when you get a bunch of lawyers defining honesty.

In case we have forgotten, the nation got this current Democrat Congress mess because the Republicans failed miserably.

So maybe we should be looking for only independents and mavericks to vote for in the next election. It can’t be any worse than it is now. And besides it would take them at least a few years before they became professional liars and cheaters.

NFL camps open today. So at least something is going right in the country. I think the Jets are going to be a bust. And, I am going to love watching them go down.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 85 continues. --Now what am I going to do for a half an hour. I called Cotter and he confirmed what I already knew, Sarah was at the police station. Then I asked him about Laura, and he suggested that she was a pain in the ass and that I should tale to her. He gave me the number of their so-called safe house. Calling her was a bad mistake. She reamed me out for ten full minutes. I didn’t say anything. When she was finished I said, So? She paused for about fifteen seconds, probably to catch her breath and slow down her pulse. Finally she asked me to spend the night with her at the rat trap. I told her I’d try. She said wrong answer. So, I decided it would be a good idea to spend some time with her. And it wouldn’t be so bad anyhow. But, I’d have to alter my plans for Sarah.
Laura’s angry voice was still playing with my serenity when I drove into Marie‘s parking lot. No Sarah. I walked in, smiled at Marie, Again, she looked at me strangely. “I think I’ll have blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream.” I was actually moderately ebullient.
“And a Diet Coke” she added. Her eyes sparkled a little.
Just as the DC arrived, my beautiful Sarah/Maggie breezed in. She had that look that I love, and her eyes penetrated mine to the back of my brain all the while she moved confidently to me. She didn’t sit opposite, but came and kissed me on the cheek, while firmly grabbing my upper thigh. The glow in her eyes was amazing.
She sat. “You look beautiful, Kent.” She had me.

If you sit on a beach for a long time you begin to realize that most people, including myself, look far better in clothes.

Do you know what’s making me happy today? Mike Lowell hit three home runs for the PawSox last night. I really want good things to happen for Lowell.

The Answer. The most expensive painting eve sold cost $140 Million – Jackson Pollack’s #5. next ios William De Kooning – Woman III ($137Mil); Gustav Klimt – Adele Block-Bauer I ($135); Pablo Picasso – Nude, Green Leaves and Bust ($106); Pablo Picasso - Gargon a la Pipe ($104); Andy Warhol – Eight Elvises ($199); Pablo again – Dora Maar au chat #95.2); Titian – Dina and Actaeon (#91); Klimt = Adle Block-Bauer II ($87.9); Francis bacon – Tryptich ($86.3). Want to see the rest of the sales over $50 Mill? Check out http://www.theartwolf.com/10_expensive.htm

The End:
So, I guess having a lot of money just means you can pay a lot for things that probably should cost a lot less.

And, so what does Forest Gump's "Stupid is as stupid does" mean. It means you are defined by your actions no matter how smart you are. Even if you read the NY Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment