Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Being intellectual is difficult.

Today's Tids Issue 3,033
Opening Stuff:
 
Yahoo never sent it back to me, so here is an abbreviated version from my failing mind. (This sentence relates to a notice sent to email subscribers of this daily column -- "Tidsville, we have a problem"-- alerting them to a disappearing fully completed Tids, which disappeared off the face of the earth like vanishing Bitcoins.)
 
 
It appear that the FaceBook/What'sApp Merger could result in an Israel/Palestine style situation.  WA's Jan Koul hates even the thought of collecting personal data for ad sales and Mark Zuckerman, who paid out the $19 Bil, keeps on loosening barriers to privacy.
 
 
Among other technical difficulties, I'm having trouble with Spell-Check which seems to have lost it's mind in fantasy. For instance I just mistyped "Porgam" for "Program" and it returned for a suggestion, "Orgasm"! Maybe I should change it's name to "Spell-Chick".
 
 
Most Pols today are adept at repeating over and over again, lies and myths until the US voter accepts as truth.
 
 
The Question:
I saw Robocop yesterday, and was pleased to see the one of my old favorite actors, Michael Keaton, had a lead role. Name 5 other MK Films. Yes, somebody has to go see Robocop.
 
 
The Headlines:
--New Stats Show Over 70 Drivers As Safe; Oldsters Not Hit By Flu Season As Young People Take Brunt of Seasonal Menace.--Florida Lawmakers Vote to Expand Stand Your Ground Law.
--Putin To Seak To merkle, Cameron About Ukraine.
--USA Men Lose To Canada In Hockey.
--Cal Farmers May Not Have Enough Water. Draught Serious.
--“O” Throws Support To Dali In Dispute With China.
--New Law In Arizona Allows Business To Not Serve Gays Based On Religious Beliefs
--Rebels Attack Somali President Palace.
--Venezuela Throws CNN Journalists Out Of Country.

I like simplistic thriller movies,
read mindless books and eat lots of meat with potatoes, rice and gravy. I think corn-on-the-cob is at the center of the vegetable universe. So, shoot me.


Yesterday it was reported that 7 state residents died form an Over dose. That brings the horrifying total for the mere month and half old Year to 45! We all know that PS-Hoffman didn't wake up from a good shot. Across the country I read that the same epidemic OD's are occurring. So, here's an Idea. Just before we kiss Karsei good-bye, how about a little agent orange over the poppy fields. I have seen a report that says heroin production and export by the Taliban and al-Qaida run operation is up 34%. All they are doing generating huge amounts of cash for terrorism, and killing Americans with their flowers.


What do you now on Memorial day?
 
I have an ability to go from hero to doofus in nanoseconds. I was skiing a day or so ago, when while trudging to a lift I looked down and saw this cute little tyke looking up at me, "I can't find my mother," the kid whined. I made a couple of innocuous statements while stepping out of my bindings, and then said, "Hey, lets go find someone who can help." To help the cause I said that I was looking for my grandson, so that we both were lost. That brought a small smile to the lips. Really small. Finally I spied a ski instructor and moved towards her. I said. pointing down to my ward, "This little girl can't find her mother." The kid turned in rage. "I'm a boy. I'm a boy!" Then he ran over and hugged the ski instructor. I didn't blame him.
 
I think The Americans which returns to Fx Feb 26 at 10PM will be the best show of the year. They have had a year to tinker with a great storyline from last year, and the trailers seem to incorporate the best of the guts of the program with what it needs to be even better going forward. As you may know it’s about two professional Russian spies living as a normal American family of 4 in DC in the eighties. Part of their assignment was to produce two children, which they did antiseptically, without emotion. Now it’s about 15 years later and things have changed. Oh they’re still great killers willing to do whatever it takes to get information,. But now rowing feelings for each other combined with older more inquisitive teen children are altering the laboratory formula for spies. It’s a good one.
 
I am always more satisfied  picking a three star thriller over a five star Oscar contender.
 
You can either go to Yoga class, or have three martinis.
 
While we’re on American, The Idol cut down to the final 13 last night. I have not been overly impressed with much, but then I haven’t watched intensely. But the Tids Entertainment Department will dive in and give you everything you have grown to love and enjoy in the past. So far, the big word coming out of observers is that the singing is “decent”. Decent. Yikes. The early picks among men and women are MK Nicolette, Majesty Rose and Malaya Wilson for girls and for guys Alex Preston, Sam Woolf and Caleb Johnson. We’ll see.
 
The negotiation for the sale of the lodge was completed when the buyer said “Yes Inn-deed”.
 
I have finally figured out my formula for novels. I start with modest, intellectual appearing premise and continue to degrade it into a predictable thriller. But, you will love the characters. I do.
 
Reading Between the Lines Movie Reviews:
--I really liked Kevin Kostner in Jack Ryan so I was happen to see him coming back in Three Days to Kill. Actually I was happy until the kept repeating over again, “Car Chase” in some reviews.. Oh hell, how bad can it be when a good actor is a hit man who is trying to repair his life after learning that he has a terminal disease; and the Gov will give him a treatment if he does one more job. I mean…how bad can that be?
 
The Answer:
I had trouble envisioning “Mr. Mom” as the Villain in Robocop. In addition to the stay at home day, he was really scary in Pacific Heights and I thought terrific in an underrated satire of Crime novels, Johnny Dangerously. He was also in Multiplicity, Night Shift, Beetlejuice, Clean and Sober, Much Ado About Nothing, Speechless, The Paper, Jackie Brown and A couple of Batman Pics. He didn’t choose his name because of an infatuation with Diane Keaton as many have rumored, but because of his admiration for the great comedian Buster Keaton.
 
I may have to change from Yahpoo mail. They are driving me insane! Or maybe it’s Mozilla.
 
Sorry for the abbreviated mess. There’s some good ideas floating around the cyber world. Maybe you’ll run into a couple while standing on a mountain over a fertile valley, meditating,.
 
Love your weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment