Today's Tids Issue 3,040
Opening Stuff:
 
I’ll tell you something – This patriot who always rallies for the good of the country in times of distress is having a tough time overcoming the President’s apparent intense dislike for the large portion of the population who want to help the country out of economic doldrums and cultural decline. Is supporting The US of A over Putin an endorsement of Obama’s politburo? Where’s Rosie the Riveter when I need her?
 
I should probably get into Twitter. Hey, I could be missing out on a lot of cool stuff…like that Ellen DeGeneres “Selfie” that became the rage of Twitterville during the Oscars. On second thought, maybe I can do without.
 
There is one thing I do not miss at all: Being here instead of New Orleans at Mardi Gras.
 
The Question:
Who will be in the cast for the next edition of “Dancing with the Stars”? Bonus: Here’s Zen-like Q -- If Putin tells the world that President Obama is a fool, what percentage of Americans do you think will forget politics and rise up in anger against an insult to the country, and what percentage do you think will agree with that assessment?
 
The Headlines:
--Dow Opens Above 175; Tensions Seen Easing In Ukraine As Putin Makes Moves Without Ceding Opinions.
--Putin Says Overthrow Of Yanukovych Was Unconstitutional; Putin Says Troops Requested By Yanu, Countries Elected Leader; Russia Recalls Training Exercise Troops..
--Netanyahu Pushes Back Against Obama Diplomacy; Says He Will Never Compromise On Security; Angry leaders Play Nice At Press Conference.
--Repubs Piling Up Substantial Leads In Races For Key Senate Seats.
--Obama Delays Parts Of ACU People Won’t Like Until After Elections.
--North Korea Fires Off Four Missiles.
--Radio Shack To Close 1100 Stores.
--Karsai Rips US Military.
--Anti-Religion Group Wants To Remove 40 Foot High Cross In Prince Georges County Maryland That memorialized WWI Soldiers.
 
I was thinking how Bob Hope and others would fly into danger to offer the troops a little touch of home and a few chuckles. But whine watching the Oscars, I could only imagine the current batch of celebs thinking that the best they could do was sending to the troops – selfies!
 
Flowers are a $28 billion industry, and a stable one at that, even in trying times. But, the stock picking experts say there is no growth! Say what.
 
NYC Leftist Mayor de Blasio’s move to kick charter schools out of public buildings only hurts kids, who were finally seeing light and a way out of poverty, in favor of big unions. But, I guess I won’t be surprised with anything that happens in the rotten Apple going forward where an admin stacked with activists hasn’t a clue nor cares about the needs of the half of the population.
 
The Voice:
The blind auditions continued last night where two excellent singers emerged, powerful  rocker Clarissa Serna and a rather amazing Sisandra Lewis. I personally liked Sam (Female) Behymer, and the twin brothers Walker, who I believe will be fun as the show grows. Melissa Jimenez was also very pleasant. Ryan Mahoney might develop into a nice country challenger. Good night of entertainment.
 
“The Following” seems to be more into blood than intrigue this year. Too bad. And, finally, yes finally, the mystery about he husband of Blacklist’s Elizabeth Keen (Megan Boone) was confirmed as nefarious, and will be revealed at the next episode. Blacklist will be “can’t miss” when it comes back in two weeks.
 
I see a lot of funny old stuff coming through the Internet that I have written about in here, 7, 8, 10 years ago. But, you’ll have to find it yourself as I will not break my vow about never repeating stuff. Even when I’m hard up for fillers. I figure if it is one of those letters, it will eventually arrive in your email. Besides, what’s the sense of my keeping the morning mess fresh, if you’re going to get the other stuff anyhow.
 
In Maine they have Lobster, and in Massachusetts they have the mighty Cod. Now, a legislator here in The Ocean State wants to adopt as our marine symbol the slimy squid. I guess though, it fits pretty nicely, considering the government’s tentacles are reaching deeply into so many pockets. (Note: Half the squid for all of the calamari in America come from RI waters. Any one for swimming?)
 
Head in the sand Duet, Department:
As we use hindsight to look back at the 2012 campaign where Romney and Palin saw Russia as a general threat, and specifically with regards to Ukraine, Obama and Kerry assumed pompous buffoon and doofus roles ridiculing the Repub (Accurate) opinions – which obviously have turned out to be correct. Kerry appeared slightly more silly in his rant that included derogatory remarks against Sarah, and the line: “Mitt Romney only knows about Russia what he saw in Rocky IV”; But Obama was even more callous in his snide answer to Mitt, “The cold war has been over for 20 years.” Really.
 
In case you’re interested in Democrat creativity, the fantasy continued when last night Rachel Madow actually blamed Ukraine on George Bush. Let’s see, the Dems have Harry Reid as a leader and they’re ridiculing the Repubs!
 
Better than acupuncture, Department:
I think twitter is the latest from of psychiatric treatment for celebrities. It lets the common person stroke the egos of the famous. The cool thing for the future could be when Sono-Tweets arrive and you can hear the celebs purring. Be still my beating heart.
 
Actually, Twitter is out to set new speed records for how fast you can become truly annoying.
 
In Zen, “our enlightenment is timeless, yet our realization of it occurs in time.” Experiencing the moment of awakening in this life is of central importance. Just in case you are interested.
 
Raising the minimum wage will hasten reduction of buying power for fixed income retirees.
 
Two days after snidely mocking Republicans at a Dem Pep rally, 0-Man stepped to the mike to urge that Repubs stand with him against International Law beaker Putin.
 
That reminds me of a piece of Obama word play I saw recently: “He waffles for a little while, and then he pours on the syrup.
 
The Conscience: Chapter 39 continues.
    The more the silence in the room continued, the more I felt that old ache, the need for the warmth of booze flowing through my veins. The more I sat here and thought about it, the more I knew I was going  to get up and make an excuse to go to the men’s room. I leaned forward and started to rise, opening my mouth at the same time, when I felt Angelica’s hand on my wrist pushing down. I swallowed the words I was about to say and sat. the touch of Angelica’s hand assuaged my thirst.
     “Mother, this has been a trying ordeal for everybody and it is time to make it happen. It’s good for Bernard and you will be the big winner along with dad. So, this is a celebration.” She laughed a bit when adding, “Maybe I could go to America and run that operation!”
    Sanna’s eyes narrowed as she must have been contemplating her daughter running what Angelica and I  expect to develop into a Mexican Cartel feeder operation. Angelica was actually playing her mother. The kid is brilliant. I forced myself not to look at her and cheer. “I doubt if Genoa could survive without you here, my dear.” God, did that “my dear sound icky. “Besides, I understand that when Jeffery’s friend Jason retires with a pocketful of Millions, his number two Mr. Woo will take over.”  So Woo is even a bigger player than we thought.
     
The Answer:
Ok, Dancin’ lovers, here are the new aspirants Dancing Partner after /: Cody Thompson/Witney Carson, Billy Dee Williams/Emma Slater, Diana Nyad/Henry Byalikov, NeNe Leakes/Tony Dovolani, James Maslow/Peta Murgatroyd, Sean Avery/Karina Smirnoff, Drew Carey/Cheryl Burke, Candace Cameron Bure/Mark Ballas, Charlie White/Sharna Burgess, Meryl Davis/Maksim Schmerkovskiy and Amy Purdy/Derek Hough. This probably makes more sense to Dancin’ lovers than me  Bonus: My guess is that sensible Americans would rally together against Putin. I say this even as I read Rudolf Giuliani saying, “Putin is more of a leader than Obama.”
 
When the world is in turmoil it is harder to be sarcastic without a tinge of guilt, unless of course you are a politician or some amoral aid hack.