Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Fill it to the brim.



Today's Tids Issue 4,310
Always full:

I think there were things we always had,
Most were good, a mere few just bad.
But we managed to live out each day
Without deep fear and utter dismay.
Always saw glasses that were half full,
Until now, we’re told that’s just bull.
That’s how today’s politicians fared,
By keeping the country always scared.

A good friend reminded me the other day, that one of the great things in life is helping neighbors when they need it.

From what I have been hearing, the big new Super Bowl treat is expected to be crushed “fiery crunchy Cheeto” crusted chicken wings.

Is it really colder? Or do those new multi-colored weather maps just make it look colder?

The Question:
“Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary…”. Who wrote that and in what poem?

The Headlines:
--Dow Returns To Healthy Numbers, Up Triple Digits Mid-Morning.
--Mnuchin Expecting Significant Progress In China Tarde Talks This Week.
--Largest US Utility PG&E Files For Bankruptcy.
--Polar Vortex To Consume Midwest And East For Two Days.
--Trump Admin Sanctions Venezuela State Oil Company; Move Will Keep Millions Out of Hands Of Maduro And His Generals.
--Repubs May Block Trump From Another Shutdown.
--DOJ Announces Criminal Charges Against China’s Huawei; “Alleged Attempt’s To Copycat T-Mobile Robot Were Like Comic Spy Movie.”
--New WAPO/ABC News Dem Presidential Poll: Biden 9%, Harris 8%, Trump 4%, Sanders 4%, O’Rourke 3%; Others t 2% were Michelle Obama and Elizabeth Warren. At 1% were Booker, Bullock, Hillary, Klobuchar, Pelosi And Oprah; 43% Of Dems Have No Opinion And 7% Said Somebody not On List.

Back in antiestablishment 1967, it was “One word – Plastics”. (from the film The Graduate.) In anti-everything Today, it is – “Plastics” – the antichrist”.

The generals are keeping Maduro in power. The lower ranks are paid peanuts. In fact, the rank in file soldiers get $1.50/month. If one of Maduro’s generals’ breaks ranks, I believe there is an army ready to break out of the bonds that bind them and get behind him. That’s from where the overturn will come, the disgruntled with guns and leadership.

Companies today don’t just want to sell you a product, they want you to enter into a kind of conjugal bondage. Thyer keep telling me that it will be better for my life if I disclose everything about me to them so I can easily gain access to my own data in their files.

For my meager services participating in a web operation, I earn points which from time to time gives me CVS gift cards. I use them mainly for pain relieving creams.

Unfortunately for National Grid, which did a great job during the outage, there also lives in the area a notorious PIL. That’s PIl, as in Personal Injury Lawyer. He has already established a class action suit for those, “Who have suffered and will continue to suffer from mental anguish and depression from not being in their homes.”  Maybe I’d better go back and check on my mental anguish.

Spell-Check is having several brainless moments this morning.

Before there were malls, there were logging sites called chopping centers.

As gas prices tumbled, Tesla will have to be careful about raising charging station charges. They recently released a new raise to 31 Cents/KWH. But Telsa owners screamed and it was reduced to 28 cents. But that still made charging more expensive than gas fill-ups now that the national average gas price is down to 2.25/gal. Using 100 KW as capacity for a Tesla, the cost of a fill-up would be $28.00. With 12 gal capacity in a gas car, the cost would be $27.00. Before the gas drop, Electric car “fill-ups’ were significantly less expensive than gas, and that was a big plus for tesla owners. And that’s the way it goes as new technologies mature.

I was losing sight of this Tids, and then I cleaned my glasses.

People will be going to night school to learn how to turn off FaceTime and avoid Apple’s eavesdropping bug.” Would you call a texterminator?

I was trying to find you a good list – “Best SUV’s in the Snow”. Unfortunately, I found at least ten lists, and every one of them was entirely different. But some SUV’s that seemed to be more prevalent than others were the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Subaru Forrester, Audi Q5, Chevy Tahoe, Toyota 4Runner and Highlander, Honda CRV, Lexus GX and Range Rover Land Rover Sport.

The Answer:
It was Edgar Allen Poe in his poem, The Raven, these rhyming words were said, before the visions of is beloved, Lenore, and the appearance of that Bird who said over, “nevermore”.

I have been without phone service nor internet connection now for two days. I’m sure Verizon has been trying to call me about this. Maybe they don’t my phone out. If I didn’t pay my bill, they’d be calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment