Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Not enough Gas



Today's Tids Issue 4,305
Sudden Climate Change:

Tidsville Central is in a tizzy
And I’ve been rather busy.
Not writing eloquent prose
But trying to warm my numbing toes
The gas company ran out of gas, alas
And like our freezing city, en masse.
I’m running to a nice warm hotel
With a shower, to ease the smell.

This a convoluted attempt to say -- The Tids is short today. In fact it is good for you. My fingers are stiffening up, which would surely make this edition typo rich if I were to go on.

In case you are interested, the major Northeast gas supplier shorted our utility and 600 homes lost pressure and obvious heat and hot water. In the process of fixing this, they had to turn off gas to 7100 homes. The average temp yesterday was 5 degrees with a 20mph wind. That makes it very cold. Now they have to individually visit every home to re-pressurize system and relight pilots. In the meantime, the icicles hang from my ears.

Politics is still politics. And will be tomorrow. The markets are intriguing and the world economists are pessimistic about the year ahead. The Oscar nominations have been released, and I haven’t seen but one of the movies. In other words, there is rarely anything to miss.

The craziest comment of the day is from the starlet O-C, “The world is going to end in12 years if we don’t stop climate change.” That sounds scarier than usual. All I know is that my life is freezing today because the climate is cold. BTW, how do you stop climate change in its tracks – link arms and stand on a mountain together and shout -- “Go Away”?

When Prince William visited the Alps, he was on a scion vacation. That is about as awful as it gets. Aren’t you glad this is a TidsShort.

The cold also numbs my brain. It’s not fair to you. See you all tomorrow. The Management







No comments:

Post a Comment