Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Something of me for you.


Today's Tids Issue 4,698

Sharing:

 

There’s gotta be a better way to run the world.

 

My friend in earthquake prone California is loyal to a fault.

 

I believe one of the greatest gifts we can give is something that is special to ourselves. It’s called sharing personal delights. Actually, I don’t like telling tourists about my favorite places.

 

I see where some school system in California is mandating “Ethnic Studies” as a no excuse requirement for graduation. I think a student’s time would be better spent on an Ethics course. As long as it would be taught by a teacher who is ethical.

 

I was totally unprepared for the Tids today.

 

Do you think that the generous Covid unemployment, income supplement benefits are actually paying for all the people who protest day in and day out for months?

 

The Question:

Ona a list of Best Animated Films Of All Time, Bambi is Number 57 and Pinocchio is number 67. What do you think are the top ten?

 

The Headlines:

--Jobless Claims Come In Worse Than Expected; Claims Increase For First Time Since March; Markets Take A Hit.

--MLB Season To Open Tonight With Washington Facing The Ya-ya’s.

--US To Pay Pfizer/BionTech Nearly $2 Billion For Covid Vaccine.

--Covid Income Replacement Package Coming Together.\--Gonzalo Expected To Become Hurricane In Gulf.

--Murderer Of Thee Fishing Buddies In Florida Massacre Called “Evil Incarnate”; Alleged Killer Tony Wiggins Had Had 23 Felony Charges in His Lifetime Beginning At 12 Years Old.

 

Listening to young people talk matter of factly about foods I would never even consider eating, much less calling them food, leaves me to believe that I’m a little bit behind the times. I wonder if young people can spell g-r-a-v-y?

 

LV Bookies just raised there betting odds against Trump to 60.4-36/1. As you may or may not remember, I have been following the odds for several months. In late march Trump was up 49-45. But as march turned into April Biden moved ahead and the margins has increased on a weekly basis. Polls are one thing, but what’s in the hearts of oddsmakers maybe the most revealing. Elect your Repub Senator.

 

If I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, they’d eventually find me attractive.

 

A new survey says that 57% of gym members will not renew their memberships. That’s pretty devastating. I guess the rebound from Covid didn’t work out so well. With the decline of these gyms and general closing of bars, where will young people meet their mates or casual acquaintances? On line? Buy Match.com stock.

 

The race horse that went lame early was the first out of its gait.

 

It’s nice that the USA permits protesting as apart of freedom of speech. But personally, I find it annoying.

 

Watching baseball without fans is weird, but it is still one of the best games of all watch.

 

The Answer:

#1 is The Lion King> After that blockbuster we have Despicable Me, Zootopia, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Big Hero 6, The Incredibles, Up, Lilo & Stitch and Hercules. Going to 25 we have 101 Dalmatians, The Land Before Time, Shrek 2, Howl’s Moving Castle (?), Lady and the Tramp, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Frozen, The Aristocats, Finding Nemo, Finding Dory, The Fox and the Hound, Pocahontas, Moana, Happy Feet and at #25 – The Princess and the Frog.

 

I still like Pinocchio. And young kids today who grow up all crotchety like me will still like Frozen and other special things they feel along the way. That’s just the way it happens. We grasp onto and love our memories, but always live in a world where new memories are made every day. I like mine. But I’ll never inhibit yours.

 

This Tids feels like an old dog lying in the shade with absolutely no intention of moving as long as the steaming sun is still out there

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment