Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Tell me more.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,981

Where have you gone Mad Anthony Wayne:

 

Here’s a question I haven’t heard motioned and if it has been, certainly not answered: Who is funding the swift and efficient advance of the Taliban through Afghanistan? And don’t tell me they have been saving leftover lunch money in their piggy banks. One thing we heard for sure at the beginning of their march through the provinces is that the Taliban are quite friendly with China, Iran and Russia.

 

I think I finally hear the barking in the distance. Yes, the dog days of summer have finally arrived. Everybody needs a breather from summer vacation.

 

Parallel Lines have so much in common. It’s a shame they’ll never meet.

 

The Question:

Name George Washington’s Top five generals

 

The Headlines:

--Markets Open Slightly Up Across The Market Spectrum; Dow Picks Up, Nasdaq Squeezes Out New High.

--Supreme Court Reverses Biden Decision To Cease Trumps Immigrants Stay In Mexico Order.

--Big Tech And Big Bank Chiefs Coming To White House Today; Cyber Security, Anti-Trust Expected To Be Discussed. WH Plans To Make Announcement In These Areas.

--Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Gets High Marks From Exoerts As Being Best Foldable Phone Yet..

--Delta To Charge Unvaccinated Employees $200/Month.

--New Specific ISIS-K Against Crowds Outside Of Kabul Airport Has Us Concerned.

--New NY C Gove Kathy Hochul Says Andrew Cuomo Under Reported NY Covid Deaths By 12,000.

--Crews Struggling As Fore Bears Down On Lake Tahoe.

--J&J Says Booster Works Well.

--Patriots Trade Soy Michel To LA rams.

--Rolling Stone Drummer, Charlie West, One of Greatest Rock Drummer Of All Time, Dies At Age 80.

 

I finally sat down to watch AGT last night. Normally I bring you opinions (Worth little) during the season, but I have just grown tired of the judges and the hoopla and the bad and gimmick performers. So I figured last night I’d be in for a treat since they were down to the final 12. So my standard while watching was, Who would I pay to see in Las Vegas if I ever went to Las Vegas which I wouldn’t. It turned out that I might pay to see quick change magician Lea Kyle and World Taekwondo Demonstration Team Martial Arts Group. Maybe I would watch ChapKidz more than once. The UniCircle Flow were certainly pleasant to watch, but can they do any more than change the color of their costumes. Anica is a god old fashioned rock belter but I didn’t like the song she picked last night I think she is best doing her cover of Jannis Joplin. I kind of liked the Curtis Family Band. Lots of enthusiasm and they could probably paly anything, despite the inane judges beating them up on song choice. They could make people happy again. Brook Simpson was pleasant but just another singer who may not have made it on The Voice or American Idol. I thought the same for wild card winner Storm Large (Storm Large?) – Pleasant, but… The acrobatic trio Rialcris was good but once is enough their too. Magician Klek Entos was weird and certainly different, but not my favorite, and he didn’t have that sense of mysterious awe I usually have for magicians. And then there was Rhode Islander Keith Apicary. Why? He would have lost the Gong Show. I would eliminate these five: Apicary, Large, Entos, Rialcris and Unicycle. But I also wouldn’t pay to see any of them anywhere.

 

I think Americans are finding that critical raves of movies and TV streaming series are not a reliable basis for watching anything, any more.

 

Teddy Roosevelt: “Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President.”

 

AirBnB said yesterday it will pay for the housing of 20,000 Afghan refugees. Nice gesture, but if I am not mistaken, they are committing spare rooms in people’s homes to unknown refugees. I hope they ask first.

 

Actually, the Taliban wouldn’t be using piggy banks because Pork is forbidden in Islam.

 

A news release yesterday reported that a Carnival Cruise ship had 26 cases of Covid among their crew and that one person died, But they said, “Don’t worry, we have everything under control”. I think I will lub land.

 

Let’s hope that Haiti hasn’t been forgotten.

 

And those California residents under the constant attack by raging fires should be on top of all our minds too.

 

Leave it to China. Now They are promoting their own theory that the cause of Covid as coming directly and solely from the US. Which only says to me that they know for sure it started in Wuhan (Maybe tat lab) and the have moved onto hammering the old Deflect, Deflect, Deflect strategy until a new “truth: is believed.

 

The Answer:

Number One Rev war General was RI’er Nathanial Greene. Next was Henry Knox, Marquis de Lafayette, Jeann Baptiste Rochambeau (Lived 4 Houses from here), Anthny Wayne, Benedict Arnold, Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben, Francois Comte de Grasse, Francis Marion the Swamp Fox, Thaddeus Kosciuszko, Daniele Morgan, Bejamin Tallmadge Horatio Gates, John Sullivan, Louis Duportail and Lord Stirling. What happened to Mad Anthony Wayne and Francis Marion the “Swamp Fox”? n Hery Knox and Nathanial Greene were great friends having met in a Boston library. George particularly liked them because he thought they were the smartest New Englanders he had met.

 

There is a lot going on in this world and even though we have so much access to info, there is an awful lot that we don’t know about. And most of that is bad.

 

But smile anyhow. It’s better for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment