Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Shortest Tids Ever

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,015

But, a little quality:

 

It was around 75 degrees and I thought it was much too hot. Once my body starts adjusting to colder weather, it hates going back to heat.

 

A woman named Helena Foulkes just declared her candidacy for RI Gov. She had been Exec VP pf CVS Health, had been Prez of CVS Drug Operations and has been called the most powerful woman in business. She is apparently running as an “I’m not a political hack” outsider. But, her grandfather was Senator Tom Dodd, her Uncle was Ted Kennedy’s running around pal Chris Dodd and her mom was the roommate of Nancy Pelosi. Actually, I think she is made to for a good government job considering the amount of paper she knows how to generate! (have eye see a CVS receipt lately?) Yes, she is not known for red tape, but nobody does white tape better.

 

I worried about Taiwan and the China threat several days ago. And how the US might be dragged into a terrible war with China. But Last Thursday I read that the long time US policy with regards to Taiwan is “strategic ambiguity.” It appears we have the right President for that.

 

I had a bit of a jumbled day, so I am sorry this Tids is late.

 

After the birth of your child, your role in life will become apparent.

 

The Question:

Who was the firsts American to orbit the earth in outer space?

 

The Headlines:

--Markets Soars;

--FDA Panel Unanimously Recommends Modera Booster Shots.

--Jan 6 Panel Moves Forward With Criminal Contempt Charge Against Steve Bannon

--Norway Bow Ad Arrow Killer Of Six Said To be Terroristic Police Radar Screen

 

The Social Security payment increase is basically just catching up with hall of the inflation of the past several years without Cola. And a lot of people think it will be eaten up with increased costs for medicare et.al.

 

I couldn’t remember how to throw a boomerang. Eventually it came back to me.

 

NFL Pickers, Department:

I thought I was doing well last week but the ole pickers lost leads late i games. Only got to 11-5, so our year is now at 50-30. This week looks slightly easier. Tonight, we have Tampa Bay and Philly, and I just got to stick with the Bucs. Jax could upset Miami, but the Dolphins really need this one and they will win. I like Cinn over Detroit City, Indy over Houston, KC Over The WFT by a lot; and ditto for La Rams over the NY Giants. The Chargers Baltimore games looks like a tight one. I’m leaning to Baltimore and the Resourceful Jackson. Carolina without McCaffery has me feeling good about the Vikes. Chicago is playing better but GB will win in this historic Match up. Arizona and Cleveland is one of the better games of the day. I love Cleveland, but the Cardinals just seem to be this year’s team of destiny. I’ll stick with Pitt to beat Seattle, especially now without QB Wilson. LV could be lost without a coach, so I’ll go with Denver. Even though Tennessee seems capable of beating anybody on the days when they wake up, I have to stick with Buffalo who is playing as well as anybody. Now my big game and maybe big for many – Dallas at New England. On paper, the Cowboys should win by 20, But I think we have chance to upset them. But we won’t. Dallas wis.

 

This girl thought she recognized me from vegetarian club, but I’ve never met herbivore.

 

The Answer:

Alan Shepherd was first in a rocket, but John Glenn was first sent into orbit. Who will be the first 90 year old in Orbit?

 

Thanks for your patience everybody. It will be better tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment