Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

The truth is there.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,024

And, expect a little pinch:

 

“I arranged with my executor to be buried in Chicago. Because when I die, I want to still remain active politically.” --Mort Sahl

 

Mort died yesterday. I liked Mort. He criticized both sides fairly evenly. Although both sides probably thought he was biased towards the other side.

 

But, that’s about it today isn’t it. Nobody wants to hear the truth if they don’t agree with it.

 

Long car chases can ruin a good well-written movie with a plot and good characters.

 

“I went to computer class with my Dell and I was bullied by a guy with a Mac.” --MS

 

The Question:

What are considered by 26.2 thousand voters the Best Science Fiction Novels Of All Time?

 

The Headlines:

--Dow And S&P Barely Hanging Around Record Levelers; Microsoft Earnings Very Strong; Tesla Becomes Trillion Dollar Company.

--US/China Word War Over Taiwan Heating Up.

--Dems Officially Introduce Mirage Tax The Wealthy Plan To Pay For Largest Spending Bill Ever.

--AG Garland Faces Questioning Over Politicization Of Justice Department

--Money Pouring Into Campaign Coffers Of 9 House Repubs Who Voted To Impeach Trump.

--Anthony Weiner Ex-Wife Huma Abedin Says She Was Sexually Assaulted By US Senator 10 Years Ago.

 

The Senate has passed the infrastructure bill. The House should too. Americans would at least have something they need and expect from the Gov, as opposed to the wait that comes from tying it into for something Politicians need to appease warring factions and get votes.

 

The most beautiful people in the world typically have a smile on their face.

 

Do you know what we need more than anything in this country? – a pure truth telling media outlet where every statement, every report is based on provable legitimate facts. No opinions allowed. Unfortunately, a lot of people still wouldn’t believe it.

 

Some mornings it takes to so long to write a Tids I wonder if by teh time I sed it, it is out of date.

 

Have you noticed that Dem leadership is actually bragging about having the biggest ever spending plan? It would be better if they boasted about cutting out fat from the bloated Bureaucracy Bonanza, and didn’t try to satisfy so many non-profits with their hands out.

 

The Congress should behave more like the semiconductor industry where the objective is always to get more and more from smaller packages.

“A Yuppie is someone who believes it’s courageous to eat in a restaurant that hasn’t been reviewed yet.” --MS

 

There is certainly a good chance that weather patterns are changing. Thats what happens to a planet floating out in space, when it is closest to its heat at 91.3 million miles away. Unfortunately, Climate Change has become one of the great manipulative tools of all times for politicians.

 

“A political satirist’s job is to draw blood. I’m not so much interested in politics as I am in overthrowing the government.” –MS

 

One of the all-time great contributors to the Tids seeds us this info in response to yesterday’s Q abbot the Erie Caal: “The Erie Canal (363 miles), the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal (185 miles) which begins along the Potomac in DC and the Ohio & Erie Canalway (308 miles) in the Cuyahoga Valley here in CLE are all built on the same model from the early 1800s to tow barges by mule and now the towpaths are all rail trails for bicyclists, walkers, joggers and sightseers and real gems of history that we are thankfully preserving.”

 

He also tells me he was hit by a Buck in North Carolina and it cost $7K to fic x. And it took forever because of slow delivery of auto parts.

 

The supply chain crisis is Biden’s biggest problem now. Fixing thigs like that is why we elect these people in the first place.

 

“I was on stage last night, and I gave a medical report about Donald Trump. I said he was hospitalized for an attack of modesty.” --MS

 

When you Italicize a dash, how come nothing happens?

 

Sometimes when I finish the Tids after lunch I don’t seem to see so well, and I figure I should change my diet. But then I realize it is just the potato chip grease on my fingertips smearing my glasses.

 

The Answer:

I like Science Fiction. #1 is 1984. #2 is Fahrenheit 451 followed by Frankenstein, The Time Machine, Enders Game, Dune, I, Robot, War of the Worlds and at #10, The Martian Chronicles. The next five are Brave New World, Foundation, A Wrinkle in Time, Flowers for Algernon and at #15, A Space Odyssey. Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Maybe that should have been in the top 10) was #19. One I liked, The Andromeda Strain, was #18. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was #25.

 

“Too much comedy today is vulgar, not clever. I say that as a comedian and as a consumer.” --MS

 

Mort Sahl could make you cringe. That was his job.

No comments:

Post a Comment