Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Music and Ice cream

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,280 

War is senseless: 

 

 

I just had a minor disturbing experience. I had a call from a doc’s office asking if I could see him for another appointment. The nurse gave me the day he was available as December 7. I went to my computer calendar knowing that it is Pearl Harbor Day but only found it listed as “Delaware Day”. What's going on with American when we can stop remembering.  

 

Today is National Mashed Potato Day. Can National gravy Day be Far Behind? 

 

The toxicity of political ads this season has me more worried about the future of where this country may be going than ever before. I just hope as always it is just a few misguided media types who are that bitter and not the predominance of good American people. 

 

Cinderella was dropped from the soccer team? She kept running away from the ball. 

 

Wall Street has found some historical data charts that tend to say we may be at the bottom of a bear market. History is always been a good indicator, unless the basic parameters are changing. 

 

The Question: 

Name five songs from Phantom of the Opera. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Stock Markets Soar Again At Openings.  

--Russai Steos Up Air Attacks To Destroy Electricity and Water Facilities In Advance If Ukraine Winter. 

--Embattled UK PM Liz Truss Promises To LeadTories To Win In Next election.  

 

The Voice is into one of its more enjoyable phases, the Battles which to me are the almost-always pleasant duets. There were three especially good one's last night: Rocket Man in a nice rendition by Orlando Mendes and Ava Lynn; Leather and Lace by Cara Brindisis and Jay Allen; As Long as You Love Me by Bodie and Jaeden Luke. I generally can only judge the singers based on whether or not they entertained or moved me. And all of those did. I think Bodie and Jay Allen could go a long way in the competition, although I personally liked Orlando M. 

 

A bundle of hay in a church is known as a Christian Bale. 

 

I kind of like that new MLB Round Robin playoff series.  

 

But I really like as much or more than anything is ice cream, And I just don’t eat it anymore. But when I am able to rationalize my actions and sneak it in, it is just always one great amazing feeling.  

 

Now I’ll be thinking of ice cream for eth rest of the day.  

 

There was this thought going around about a week ago that Ukraine was beginning to look like it had entered the endgame progression. But today it looks like it’s taking off with new fervor, escalating with no possibility for discussions in sight. 

 

I'm pretty naïve. I always thought that if you got world antagonists together around a big table filled who ice crema choices to share and non-confrontational music in the background, we could settle most if the angriest problems.  

 

I really have no idea about how the November elections will end up. But it will be concerning if the Repubs don't at least get one part of Congress back.  

 

Today the Tigraying forces admitted that the Ethiopian army seized a major city in their country. Do you get the impression when reading the international headlines that there are wars all over the place somewhere out there. 

 

You do realize that vampires aren't real unless you Count Dracula. 

 

The Answer: 

There was a day when Phantom was all the rage. Everybody was humming and talking about "The” show of all time. “The Phantom of the Opera” is considered #1. Next is “The Music of the Night”, followed by “All I Ask Of You”, “Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again”, “Past the Point of No Return”, “Think of Me”, “Masquerade”, “Prima Donna" and "Wandering Child", 

 

I like music of the day and music anyway, and of course tender Music of the Night.  

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment