Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

False Implications

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,360 

"You might have...": 

 

 

So, I thought the big story coming out of SOTU was the absences of several Supreme Court Members. At least that was a headline I was relying on when I began this Tidlet. As an average citizen, I look for hope of unification in this annual mess regardless of how mundane and predictable almost all speeches are and have been. Should the SC be playing politics, I wondered while looking at the headlines. After all, the court is deemed to be above the fray. Our country's saving grace. But it turns out those missing was equally divided between lib and conservative leaning solons. And Arther Kennedy and Stephen Breyer came back to rub shoulders with their mates. So, the real story here is why do people write vague headlines that can imply a childlike temper tantrum within one of our revered bodies.  

 

I have always said that when reading a news story always read the last paragraph. That is generally where a journalist will put the truth. That is if anybody ever gets there before jumping off a roof or throwing a bomb at a neighbor. 

 

Today is National Laugh and Get Rich Day. Once upon a time there was a king who was only 12 inches tall. He was a terrible king, but he made a great ruler. Have you received any surprise check in the mail yet? 

 

The concept of rapid advancement doesn’t begin to define thenew paradigm for geometric change as AI is set loose in society. I‘m thinking that AI will reinvent itself so fast that obsolescence of brilliant companies could match the half-life of Francium, element 87. 

 

The Question: 

Quick! Name the 9 supreme Court Justices. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets Lower as Rapture Form Powell Speech Fades and Reality Returns; UK CMA Raises Concerns Over Microsoft/Activision Deal; Under Armor Raises Forecast; Uber Beats, Chipotle Misses, CVS Rises on Purchase of Oak Street Health. 

--Deaths From Turkey/Syria Earthquake Pass 11,000’ 

--Dems Give High Marks to Feisty Biden SOTU Speech. 

--Ukraine’s S Zelenski Makes Surprise Visit to UK Seeking Fighter Jets to Thwart Expected Russia Major Invasion.  

--Labron James Scores 38,388th Point to Become All-Time NBA Scorer.  

--Ex Twitter Exec Testifying Before Congress Committee on Hunter Biden’s Laptop and Buried Story. 

 

Lebron James is now the all-time leading NBA scorer, and it seems just like yesterday when he went from an Akron Ohio High School gymnasium to the Cleveland Cavaliers.  

 

A new widely used investment guide is something called TAM – Total Addressable Market. It’s a way to look at leverage potential of start-up companies with bright innovations and inventions. Many Ideas are sweet but the markets they may be chasing have low ceiling limitations  

 

My son was chewing on electric cords, so I had to ground him. 

 

A moment of Thanks! Lots of you send me lists of Puns and I have to thank you all. I have used many over more than 20 years and I vow not to repeat myself on anything just to make my daily mess a better mental exercise. But it is refreshing to find a new pun or two and it's even better when they are actually funny. Believe me there are a lot of easily dismissible puns in this world. When the joke don’t tickle it’s ok to be fickle.  

 

I thought Sarah Huckabee did a great job as the Conservative opposition. She does not mince words, that is for sure.  

 

Headlines for stories I don’t read: “RI Congressional Delegation and Governor give High Marks to Biden Speech.” Duh squared! Why would we ever expect to hear informed objectivity in opinions from these super partisan party pols. It is truly laughable in this state to think there might be wisdom within our single-minded our leaders.  

 

“The Menu” is an odd movie but in contrast to many of today’s amorphous films, it does actually have an ending. Like it or not. Personally, I thought it was satire of the Food Channel.  

 

I heard yesterday of an approximately 55-56 yo couple wo over the weekend went on a “Columbo” binge. The nice thing about the old Columbo series is that it was always about solving a crime. No side stories. No backstories. No wokeism. Just the facts mam. 

 

My guess is that the theme of Nikki Haley’s candidacy will be no-nonsense toughness. 

 

The Answer: 

To me the SC is the stable part of our co government despite the seemingly vast differences among members. They are Robert, Gorsuch, Thomas, Alito, Kagen, Kavanaugh, Soto Mayor, Boyle and Baker. Whoops! I was wrong. The last three are Sotomayor, Barrett and Jackson. And I can see their faces in my mind.  

 

97 % of Americans are stupid. I'm glad I'm in the other 5%. 

 

So, what do you think will be the outcome of the SOTU? Certainly not congeniality. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment