Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, February 24, 2023

Innocents in Cyberland


Today's Tids Issue 5,371 

I think it is just beginning: 

 

 

I may be naïve, but I was happy to read last night that China has proposed going to the table to talk about peace in Ukraine. 

 

I’m even happier that the stock market woke up finally and gave us a plus day. I’m sure I’m naïve about that too. 

 

Until today, when signs of hot consumer activity slows down the markets.  

 

“The older you get, the further away from the green you putt.” 

 

Instead of “Artificial Intelligence”, I'm calling the latest stage of machine learning an interim step which Iabel “Advanced Machine Assistance”. In other words, we are hyping AI too early. It's a way to stay rational. 

 

My boss told me that I don’t know my boundaries. So, I fired him.  

 
 
The Question: 

The annual Pollstar awards just named the top Musical festivals and tours. What were the top under 30K, over 30K and International music festivals? Bonus: Who was Norbert Wiener 

 

The Headlines: 

--Zelensky to Meet with Xi on China Peace Proposal. 

--Markets in Funk Again as Week Ends; The Government’s PCE Index (Personal Consumption Index) Rise of 0.6% in January Dashes Hopes of Interest Rate Weary Investors; Report Also Shows Consumer Spending Rose 1.8% in January After Falling in December.  

--Snow is Bogging West Coast States from South to North. 

--US Promises New Support for Ukraine; Issues New Sanctions Against Russia. 

--Tiny Valor College in Wilmore Kentucky Becomes Woodstock Style Location for Christians; For Two Weeks Tens of Thousand's Drove to Small Campus for First Major Christian Revival in a Century.  

 

Of course, China always has an ulterior motive. China is well known to have as their inevitable national objective becoming the “Sun” around which the rest of the world revolves. And they will show the patience to achieve it. They prey on the needy. Is Ukraine the needy now. And they are probably watching my keystroke as I write this. Maybe because I embedded one of their chips within me the last time I had Smithfield ham. 

 

What the hell is going on, Department: 

IN Georgia, a woman rammed her SUV into a Popeye’s chicken place because they forgot to put the biscuits into her order. It almost seems we were more civil back in caves.  

 

Maybe the surprise unplanned, Christian revival in little Wilmore Kentucky was eh result of the Rihanna SB Half Time Show. 

 

Since the world news organizations lost interest in the Turkey/Syria Earthquake story, the death toll has crossed over 47,000. One night you go to sleep, and then suddenly it is all over. Just like that. It makes me shiver.  

 

Jokes about PMS are not funny. Period. 

 

Apparently last night the movement to separate a part of western Oregon into Idaho made some progress. I mean, way past the pipedream, whimsical side of the story. This is pretty serious and could impact and threaten many woke states. The handful of RI Repubs would have to find a way to make it convenient to move into New Hampshire, or else it's Ohio. Frankly, I totally understand western Oregonians. God, think of the hysterics of politicians nationally if something like that would happen. But that is what state’s rights are about in a way. People live where they are comfortable, and they make laws that meet the majority of the needs without over injuring the other side. But when the Fed takes over, all those choices disappear.  

 

When I see lovers' names carved in a tree, I don't think it's sweet. I just think it's surprising how many people bring a knife on a date. 
 
 

Good news on the Woke Front: Raold Dahl’s publisher backed down after massive criticism and will not change original writings. Common sense needs more victories like that. Once we reestablish the validity of common sense, many more people will start talking to each other with the reasonable expectation that they will hear each other.  

 

Did you know that a big successful business in China sponsored and owned by the Central Government, (The politburo is involved in everything) is called “Safe Cities” program. It is advertised to municipal honchos that "Safe Cities” can stop crime and reduce fear in the streets. So far, the Chinese company has installed 700 systems of cameras and date collecting devices in 110 cities. Gathering information about everything around the world is all part of the bigger ultimate scheme mentioned earlier about China becoming the centerpiece of all world populations.  

 

Around here, the city wants me to buy an app to park my car. They say it will be easy for me to park now, and then the city will always know where I am. Sorry, I opt out. Everybody wants to make our lives easier with an app. My life was damn easy before apps were invented, unless I made it hard by being stupid. 

 

“Tourists are our bread and butter” -- Kaupa, Chief of a cannibal tribe. 

 

The Answer: 

For over 30K it is Austin City Limits Music Festival. The under 30K festival award went to Newport (RI) Folk Music Festival and the International festival was the Glastonbury Music Festival in the UK. Of interest, the Tour of the year was Harry Styles. See everything at https://news.pollstar.com/2023/02/22/harry-styles-bad-bunny-among-2023-pollstar-award-winners-chappelle-grohl-henley-make-surprise-cameos/ 

 

 

Have a great weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!! 

 

Oops: For those of you who missed the link to Buddy Rich Drumming, here it is again (Or maybe I forgot to put it in. That is a distinct possibility): 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment