Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, July 17, 2023

High as an elephant’s eye

 

 

Today's Tids Issue 5,296 

The sadness of melodies lost:

 

 

We are on the brink of the greatest season of the year – The ripening of native corn on the cob! It’s when I turn into vegetarian. Butter and all. 

I think AI is picking up some inefficient American habits. It seems ot be organizing internet services, because every day lately around 1:00 pm, my service provider takes a coffee break.  

That was one helluva Wimbledon final yesterday, and Alcararz looks like the heir apparent now after he has beaten perhaps one of the greatest ever... at just 20 years old. I have trouble comprehending how humans can play that level of tennis for five straight hours without a Cheeto break. Can you imagine that, running, hitting hard shots and standing up straight for 5 solid hours. The big marathon running races are only two hours. 

Squashing pop cans is soda pressing 

The Question: 

What Golfer just became the only one to have won all six recognized Country “Open’s”? And what are the six? 

The Headlines: 

--Dow Appears Strong; S&P and Naz Lagging; Investors Edgy Over Earnings Season.  

--Goldman Lowers Recession Odds. 

--Putin Officially Pulls Out I=of Ukraine Grain Deal. 

--Alcaras Earns Number o One World Tennis Ranking with Bif g Win over Djokovic.  

--Heat Big News Tooic InUSA. 

I remember when I could say, “I feel like a million bucks" to express my great health. Now when I say it, people ask, “What’s wrong with you?” It’s a billion or nothing. 

It’s getting hard to understand what really is going on in Ukraine. It appears that Putin is easily winning the attack helpless citizen's battle. But it is hard to tell how the armies are doing now. My guess is that Ukraine is doing better than Russia because Putin keeps saying they are winning big.  

What masterpieces Franz Schubert could have written if he hadn’t died so young.  

My lawn is chicken proof. It is impeccable. 

Word of the Day: “Aboriginals”: I went to an ABBA revival concert, but they weren't as good as the Aboriginals. (Thank s to the TPL – Tids Punster Laureate) 

Now weather forecasters are telling us that the Southwest heat wave is coming to the Sunbelt. Makes sense. 

Some RI congressional aspirants are wondering why they have ot live in the district they represent. It's the House of Representatives, stupid. Too many congress-people seem to think they are representing national agendas, and not the real people back home. It was originally designed as “the people’s house”. The founders were pretty smart.  

There’s an internationally known golf coach named Simon Shanks. Say what? 

To be honest with you, when there is no sports on TV I watch a lot of Food Network cookoffs. I just like competition. But honestly, I would probably only eat 10% of what these world acclaimed chefs put there to eat.  

I wrote a little story recently which I liked. It was a love story about Sergei Rachmaninoff. He was pretty stoic guy. But the emotion of his melodies could only have come from the heart of a man full of love. I wish I could write music.  

Irony is the opposite of wrinkly. 

The Answer: 

In a super exciting finish to a very good Scottish Open Rory McIlroy beat national favorite Biran Macintyre on the 18th hole. Both Macintyre and McIlroy made shots of the year to the green that before them had only given up 2 birdies all day. Rory now has The (British) open as well as the US Open, Canadian Open, Irish Open and Australian Open. He is the only golfer ever to do that. 

Gadzooks! Now there are reports coming about a huge shortage of Sriracha. Who woulda thunk it. Maybe it will help with the Southwest heat problem. 

Have a great week, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!! 

Sorry I'm a little late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment