Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

It’s summer, right.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,302 

Being Ok: 

 

 

Am I walking on clouds again. Am I? Yes, I am. The NFL is back in camp" I can hear the punts and grunts and spirals whistling though the air. Now If I can just tune out the spouting sports show critics and local yahoos and, live in my hopeful dreams, it will be a good year, or at least for a few months. Hey, wait a minute. I'm a yahoo!  

 

And not only is the NFL back, but I bin huskin' corn. And it tastes so good. 

 

I was asked why I thought America was on the wrong track. It is a tough question to answer. It is in my mind certainly deeper than which party is in control. I thought first of the diminished sense of personal responsibility I tend to feel becoming pervasive. But I think one of the more dire circumstances affecting our future is that how easily hordes of American citizens can be so easily manipulated by mass communications.  

 

What do you get if you cross a rabbit and a shellfish? The oyster bunny. 

 

The Question: 

For those of you who have seen Oppenheimer, you may have been one of many who noticed an obvious error in the film. What was it? Bonus: How does Tony Bennett rank among the ten greatest crooners of all time? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets Awaiting Q2 Results from Micrisoft and Alphabet After Closing; Exchanges Will Probably Slog Along During Day. 

--Russian Fighter Aircraft Hit US Drone Over Syria. 

--China Removes Foreign Minister Qin Jang; Wang Yi Replaces Him; Jang Removed Just Seven Months After Being Appointed, Deepening Mystery of Unexplained Absence. 

--Biden Admin to Push New Rules That Would Force Insurance Companies to Increase Mental Health Coverage. 

--DeSantis and Team in Small Car Accident While Driving To Campaign Stop Near Chattanooga. 

--Obama Family Chef Tafari Dies in Paddleboard Accident in Salt Pond Next to Obama Martha’s Vineyard Summer Home 

 

Why do I hear tales of people spending better parts of their day trying to find tickets to a showing of Barbie, when all they have to do is wait until the nuttiness ends and walk right in. It will still be the same movie.  

 

I get the impression that the White House views big business as their play toys. It is sad. 

 

I walk around town in a collared shirt, and I feel like I am from another planet. 

 

DeSantis just seems to me to have acquired too many opposition-exploitable negatives to get elected. Sometimes as partisans, you have to step back from emotions and look at campaigns realistically. Or else, you will never elect anybody, even while being proud of not wavering in support in defeat. 

 

Just looking at the way Russia ais destroying centuries old monumental structures in Odessa makes you fully realize the lunacy of this war to satisfy one man's ego. And that doesn't even include the deaths of Ukraine and Russian fighters, and the sadness of families severed. 

 

I know the weather maps nationally look redder than reds of the past. And we see endless scenes of people sweating and drinking water, but around here it’s summer and the heat is just like every summer in July. And, frankly, not bad at all. The idea is to find ways to stay less hot, and one method certainly isn't hiking into deadly desert and then sending a vid post about your agony, or going viral by dying on Tik Tok. 

 

Remember when the magical word to get what you wanted was please? Now it is “I'm offended.” 

 

The Answer: 

In the Film Oppenheimer, the protagonist walks into a cheering auditorium with people waving American flags. There are fifty stars on the flags. Hawaii and Alaska were not yet States in 1945. Bonus: There will be arguments with tis list, there always are with lists. Number one is Dean Martin (Not ot me). Next is Sinatra followed by Bing Crosby (My Mother would have Bing first). Then we have Nat King Cole, Pery Como and at #6, Tony B. Going up to ten we have Bobby Darin, Andy Williams, Johnny Mathis and Mel Torme. I don’t have a question with the list other than Deano at number one. If you have some faves not in the top ten, let me know and I'll tell you where they are.  

 

A friend told me he saw this guy at Starbucks – no phone, no laptop, no tablet. He just sat there drinking coffee. Like a psychopath. Maybe he was wearing a collared shirt too. 

 

A Have a wonderful day in this new world we live in. Just tune out and you'll be Ok. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment