Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, July 24, 2023

“X” marks the Tweet.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,301 

Sandpipers don't tweet: 

 

 

Twitter is ceasing to exist today. It is being replaced by one giant black. Technology dies fast. In case you haven’t noticed. Darlings are only there for a moment the vast experiences of time, so that technogeeks and trendhoppers will often have their hearts broken but are always fickle enough to latch onto the next wizard gizmo or frenetic fad. If they understand it. X may have a problem feeling like a bluebird to tweeters. But musk says X will be unlike any other communicating medium on the Net. His Marketing experts say he is nuts. But it’s hard to count out Musk. He is calling it “The Everything App”. It is expected to combine vid chat, streaming, social media, pay and other stuff into a must have go to place. It will be leveraging up to compete with China’s “WeChat”.  

 

I walked past a guy at a museum over the weekend. A badge on his chest read “Staff”. I told him, “I'm sorry for your infection.” He looked at me quizzically. 

 

There is no question in my mind that we have lowered way too much the standards in this country. 

 

The reports out of Ukraine seem negative now. Everything from the availability of weapons and ammo to the apparent diminished spirit of the Ukraine fighters seems to be draining away all at once. It was always a terrible thing. Yet today's sense of hopelessness feels much worse.  

 

Have you ever seen a picture of a salad on a cave dwelling wall?

  

The Question: 

What does PSJF Mean? Bonus: What was the first Confererate state readmitted to the Union? 

 

The Headlines: 

--S&P, Dow Opening Higher, Remain Strong Through Late Morning; Markets Await Beginning of Big Tech Earnings Reports. 

-- Musk Intro’s X. 

--Israe; Approves Divisive Judicial Overhaul Despite Large Protests; Netty in Hospital. 

-- Barbie Romps in Ticket Sales; AMC Theater Stock Surges. 

--Woman Found Dead on Yellowstone Trail; Grizzley Attack Likely the Culprit.  

--Broan Harman Unlike Champ at British “The Open”; Harman master's the Course in rain and wins by Five. 

 

Did you hear about the psychiatrist who decided to charge for extra baggage? 

 

I think my mind is going. While walking I dream fondly of a large bag of delicious Cheetos cradled in my lap. My mouth starts to drool a little and I have to hide my face from passersby. I begin to walk a little faster. The urgency I feel in my heart quickens. Finally, I’m back home and run upstairs, and... About an hour later I remembered I was salivating after Cheetos.  

 

I feel strongly that the police should be afforded every possible aspect of protection from constant danger and accusations. Period, regardless of the fact that there may be bad apples in that barrel as there are in every barrel every identity segment. 

 

Seeing Barbie is at the bottom of my priority list. One critic wrote that Goethels would have loved the idea of Barbie. Whatever that means. 

Former NSA Michael Flynn is moving from this Blue state to Florida. When I was reading the info about his house sale, I was reminding myself how he really was railroaded out of office by a general environment of anti-Trump hysteria. He should be happy in Sarasota.  

 

The Tids Punster Laureate just bought a sweet car online. He says it used to be owned by Neil Dimond. 

 

You know now that Women's soccer and the current world cup has gone big time because it is now being featured in bars around the state. What's next, Pickle Ball? Or, is that pickled egg ball. 

 

If I sound a little angry this morning it is because I was up really early and got to golf at the same time as always only to find hordes of vacationing golfers lined up taking all the spots that they normally have available for regulars before the women's league takes off. So, I'm typing instead of hitting deft chips to the pin. 

 

I don’t go to movies that feature car chases it their trailers. 

 

I’m always amazed and wonder in FBI or big police shows how inhabitants of a home under assault by those organizations never seem to see the herds of fully armed operatives walking slowly and openly up the fort lawn in broad daylight... with FBI or Police in giant letters written on their uniforms. I guess the best criminal mastermind is a sleeping criminal mastermind.  

 

I have never ever tweeted a note, so X doesn't bother me at all. That is the good thing about not hopping on cultural trends. You won’t be disappointed when the end. 

 

The Answer:  

It stands for Preemptive Shortest Job First and is often a reply from a company IT operative when you ask for a rush job. It is about scheduling. Bonus: Tennessee was eh first confederate state readmitted to the Union. Maybe that's why Nashville feels so USA! 

 

Gotta run, 

 

Have a great Week, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y! 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment