Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Anger pays.


Today's Tids Issue 5,326 

I made it:  

 

 

How annoying was that -- adults yelling at each other for two hours. There just has got to be a better way to pick a president of The USA than debates. Gotcha is the main objective, where the strategy is avoiding answering directly and ignoring real tough questions. And how about the audience booing the exVP because he actually stood up and followed the constitution. What is happening to this country. 

 

I’m at the age where I can’t take anything with a grain of salt. 

 

The Question: 

Why are art collectors such big fans of gasoline?  

 

The Headlines: 

--Nasdaq Drops as Fed Hints Rates Will Stay High; Nvidia Shines: Revenue up 10%, Profits Soar 429%. 

--Repubs Bang Each Other Around for Two Hours. Nobody Probably Shined Enough to Reduce Trump’s Lead. 

--Putin Says Prigozhin was a Nice Guy.  

--Trump Changes Lead Attorney 

 

Quicky Observations, Department: 

Ok, I really got tired of listening to Vivek Ramaswamy. He’s way too much in your face for me and lack of consideration for people other than himself seems to be his modis operandi. So, he lost me. On the other hand, Nikki Haley came across as rational. thoughtful. affirmative, realistic and intelligent. I thought she played it well. DeSantis just never answered any question which tends to make politicians questionable eto me. I thought Christie was strong, and I enjoy him. I was really surprised at how reserved Tim Scott was. I thought we he would do much better, and I would rate his performance as blowing a big opportunity. I personally liked the ND Gov Doug Burgum and Asa Hutchinson might be a very good President. Neither of those has a chance. Maybe Burgen is setting himself up for 2028. Pense looks stronger as a candidate than he ever did as the white-haired guy skulking ig the background of Trump antics. But he may be far too religious for the population. I hear a lot of repubs are secretly yearning for Va Gov Glen Youngkin to jump in at the last minute to save the day. 

 

Golf gets better when you finally realize you’ll never make the PGA tour. 

 

There is a new government report out that says being lazy isn't so bad after all. Of course, they would say that... if you get my drift. I think “Lazy" is the wrong word. I think what they are trying to say is that people would be better off if they balanced work with intelligent leisure. 

 

Of course, if big daddy keeps on sending the populace checks for doing nothing Laziness with become the national Identity. 

 

My draft folder is loaded with emails I wrote and pressed send. Except I forgot to put in the address. Yikes. I do that as a safeguard to prohibit my accidently sending before being finished. Now I have to think of a new scheme to ensure all written replies get sent. I can tell you all there are many in ther that were answers to your comments et. al. But it was too late to send when I found them. 

 

A very successful chef opened a new very nice restaurant with reasonable prices and a menu that is simple and straight forward, with some items a labeled plain and simple. How easy is it not to be complex, and good. 

 

I am a big sports fan. But I am slacking off on sports talk radio and TV because it is all about creating bogus controversies which produces screaming hosts and callers. It must work because the screamers are making the big bucks. Maybe last night's repub affair was a tryout for sports talk hosting. 

 

Where did the IT guy go? He probably ransomeware. 

 

I was really never a very good corporate person and I would probably do worse today where there is a way to track every employee by the company identity card which must be used to perform many basic work tasks. Do they require ID to use vending machines so they can gage the calorie intake of employees? Save me. If not now, they will.  

 

Technology is cool unless you want to remain hidden. 

 

The Answer: 

Because it makes their Van Gogh! Shoot me. 

 

Just because nobody complains it doesn’t mean all parachutes are perfect. 

 

Tomorrow will be a nice relaxing Friday and an early and relaxing Tids. Keep the faith. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment