Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, August 11, 2023

Revenge Dissipates

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,316 

Running on empty: 

 

 

Lovely Friday 

It used to be, you know, 

But now it's just the day before 

A day like all those past. 

But maybe, 

Maybe I'll make tomorrow special  

It's good to feel something, 

To hope, 

Even though you've been there. 

Looking for somewhere. 

 

There's a bunch of people here running for an empty congress seat. Which seems appropriate from what I hear about vacuous brains in DC. They all are promising to save me from Maga hats. And to spend money like drunken sailors. And there’s been a few of those in Congress too. Oddly, though while noble knights are saving me from the red hat menace, “Politico” is reporting a rising trend that sees Democrats in state legislatures across the country switching to Republican.  

 

The stock market angst is supposed to dematerialize in the lazy month of August. But there are too many people confused over whether or not we have inflation. Of course, the news yesterday showed relatively placid growth signs. But the real factors that break budgets are not included in the official “Core’ inflation statistics – Food and energy. And Gas is suddenly up and my potato chips are out of sight.  It is not yet a time for exuberance. 

 

The Question: 

Who was the first Chairmanof the Joint Chiefs of Staff? Bonus: Name all of the USA Five Star Generals in History. Extra Bonus: What are the ten top all time Love songs. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Death Toll from Hawaii's Worst Tragedy Jumps to over 55; Town Dissolved in Flames. 

--Stocks Expected to Be Lower as Inflation Worries Rise Again. 

--Special P Smith Schedules Trump Trial During Key Va Campaign Month of HJanuary 2024; Trump Legal Fees Up to $27 Million. 

--Manchin Considering Running Against Biden. 

--Catalonian Nudists Up in Arms over Textile Invasion; Bathing Suit Clad Tourists are Taking over Their Beaches. 

-- 

 

Spell Check is just not that flexible, and certainly not creative. Whenever I mistype “Expected” it only gives me “Excepted” as an alternative to my typo. How dumb is that? I shouldn’t have used the phrase “How dumb is that” or else some reader will criticize me for writing about Democrats again. 

 

I read yesterday that “Fake meat" is the fad falling fast as people realize that real meat is better. Sales are falling and Beyond Meat os looking for $200 Million in financing to counter declining revenue as they have seen their high point Valuation of $14 Billion fall to $700 Million. And it is not just the higher prices that have many turning their palates elsewhere, - it is the unpleasant “taste, smell and texture” too. The sizzle is fading except for the few how eat because they want to save the environment.  

 

I’m not a vegetarian because I like animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants!” 

 

Meanwhile, the increasing cost of salty snacks have a me changing my retirement investment strategy. 

 

It was fun watching my beloved Pats play last night. There wasn't much to see, though it looks like they might be a blittle faster. In case you are interested. 

 

It is easier today to be a political comedian than ever before in history, The problem today is finding somebody with a sense of humor. 

 

We have just got to break the cycle of revenge politics and get back to constructive, helpful government and... less government overall. The big problem with breaking that unproductive cycle is that neither party will ever admit that they are vengeful 

 

One snowman asks another, “Do you smell carrots?” 

 

It is a cool and spectacularly beautiful day today. I always feel younger and healthier when it is cold again. 

 

The Answer: 

General Omar Nelson Bradley was the first CCJOS. Bonus: The Five-star Generals in US History were John J. Pershing, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Douglas MacArthur and Omar Bradley. I suspect that George Washington may have been considered a Five Star Posthumously. Now there is a piece of history I would be Ok with embellishing. Extra Bonus: Number one is At last (Celine Dion). Next is Unchained Melody, Your Song, I will always love You, Endless Love, Can’t help falling in Love, Just the way you Are, Let’s Stay Together, How Deep is your Love, My Heart will go On, Theme from Love Story I Swear, You are so Beautiful, Love me Tender, Keep on Loving You, Tine after Time, My Girl, Eternal Flame, I would die Fir You, Wonderful Tonight, Always on my Mind. This is just a list to consider, because in reality the greatest love song is that song that is most personal and meaningful. Songs felt. 

Have a great weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!! 

 

One love song I have always thought is particularly beautiful to hear and meaningful to consider is, Somewhere from West Side Story. I didn't see it on any of the ten or so listsI read.  

 

Feel good about your weekend: 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment