Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, August 10, 2023

There are always roses.


Today's Tids Issue 5,315

Whadja Expect:  

 

 

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back. 

 

I love being an optimist. It hurts sometimes, but you always wake up smiling expecting the best day of your life. 

 

The analysts are espousing the domino theory when it comes to Ukraine. Remember the domino theory that was pretty much responsible for getting into the Endless war in Viet Nam. But it may be rational thinking. Crushing Russia makes more sense than letting Russia think it can just walk in and take over countries. 

 

The Question: 

What are the four forces of nature? 

 

The Headlines: 

-- Markets Rebound; July Inflation over June.  

--Over 30 Now Dead as a Result of Maui Inferno; Historic Town of Lahaina in Ashes. 

--SC Blocks OxyContin Maker Bankruptcy Deal. 

--Joe Manchin Thinking Seriously About Leaving Dems. 

 

I was preparing a Tidlet on the soon to be announced fifth force of nature, but I don't understand it yet.  

 

One of the ole’ fashioned sounds I never got tired of listening to, was the blaring almost raucous music on the big ole’ merry-go-rounds. 

 

One of the things I've learned over the years is not to casually repeat some of these political conspiracy theories. I try to preserve the integrity of this mess as best I can. But that said, in my heart I know there is a lot of evil in this Biden family cabal and we will probably never know everything.  

 

I think Pence may do better than most people think. 

 

It is apparent to me that Lawyers knowingly have to lie to protect their clients. They may be able to hedge that word in their favor, but it is the old, “walks like a duck...” thing. 

 

It’s about two hours to the first Pats exhibition. I'm psyched. I have the Pats in the Super Bowl. 

 

I have always been a sports nut. But I don’t like the current commercial sports explosion. Hey, I know they have the right to make a living. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. 

 

Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed any President talking to me on the tube. 

 

One key to happiness is loving each other's imperfections. 

 

It bothers me that I don’t know the names of any new songs that are popular. And frankly, I am not familiar at all with many of the “Super stars” who sing them. Music is how one generation fades-out another generation. It has always been the case. I still remember my parents not understanding what in hell I was listening to. 

 

The Answer: 

The four are Electricity, Magnetism, Nuclear and Gravity. Jeez, and all this time I thought it was love that made the world go round. 

 

Well, here I am. What are your other two wishes? 

 

See you tomorrow, early. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment