Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, August 18, 2023

Morality is the victim.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,321 

Empty minds:

 

 

I like a vacuous day 

Tranquility, looking out, 

To a weekend of play 

Where angry wrangling, 

Doesn't get in the way. 

 

One of the current over overused cultural phrases that really irks me is “Victimless Crime” The victim in all criminal activities is a moral, honest caring society.  

 

Three men are sitting on a beach in the South of France. They look out over the water and see Jesus Christ coming toward them. He gets to the three and the first guy says; "You're the Lord, huh? Well, when I was a child, I broke my ankle. It never healed right, and I've never been able to run. If you were the Lord, you could fix that." Jesus looks at him, touches his ankle, and the guy gets up, running down the beach, shouting; "I can run! I can run!" Now, the second guy's a lot more respectful. "Lord," he says, "when I was a child, a firecracker blew out my eardrum. Do you think you could fix it?" Jesus looks at him, touches his ear, and the man runs down the beach, after his friend, shouting; "I can hear! I can hear!" Jesus looks at the third guy who gets up and backs away, saying; "You stay away from me! I'm from Rhode Island, and I'm on Workman's Comp!" 

 

Do I lose when the police officer says papers and I say scissors? 

 

The Question: 

What are the 10 largest Medical Device companies in the world? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Fed Downer Stifling Markets; Global Economy Expected to Suffer from China Economic Turmoil. 

--Hurricane Hillary Expected to Weaken from Mighty 4 to Substantial 2 before Hitting SoCal. 

--Russia Shoots Down Ukraine Drine over Moscow. 

 

Giddiness, Department: 

I'm telling you that from where I sit, I see the national media is wetting their pants every time they hear the phrase uttered. “Trump and his 18 allies in Jail.” Watch their faces. 

 

I see where Putin has given Kim in NK a missile which is supposed to be able to penetrate any USA defense system. Does that mean that Ukraine and NK are in essence becoming the proxies in a war between Russia and us. 

 

I didn't quite describe yesterday's question properly: It was, who are “Billboard's 50 Greatest Rock Band Lead Singers of All Time.” 

 

And while we are in the Mea Culpa mode, I gave the impression that Phillips was German company when it is in fact a great Dutch company The CD was manufactured in their German plant.  Philips was an early Electronics Force. Today they are leading in many tech areas including having a major presence in healthcare. Surprisingly, Phillips Healthcare was established in 1891.  

 

Finally, Liberal Californians will say something negative about Hillary. 

 

This has been a “Woe is me” week on Wall Street. It is just hard to find something good amidst the awful. 

 

I spent a lot of time, money and effort childproofing my house. But the kids still get in. 

 

The Answer: 

Number one with $31.6 Billion is Medtronic. Next is Abbott followed by Johnson & Johnson, Siemans (Ger), Fresenius (Ger), Roche (Swiss), Becton Dickinson, GE Healthcare, Stryker, Cardinal Health, Baxter, Phillips (Dutch), Boston Scientific, Danaher and Braun (Ger).  

 

Have a great weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment