Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Happiness is pie.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,390

Quiet Thoughtfulness:  

 

 

Well, here we are. I hope if you are traveling today that the roads and skies and tracks are good to you. Most people I know like TDay because it isn’t about gifts but about love. The greatest gift of all.  

 

Thanks for putting up with my typos, my sometimes-Jurassic age opinions and really bad jokes.  Thanks for sending a word every once in a while. I ahev a pretty broad mailing list and I promise you I try to think of each person individually.  

 

“I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage.” -- Erma Bombeck. 

 

Becoming an adult is the dumbest thing I’ve ever done. 

 

Someday somebody will start farming lobsters to bring down the prices.  

 

The Question: 

What does the average husband do best to help with the Thanksgiving meal? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets Nudge Up into Positive Territory; Nvidia Crushes Earning's Estimates but Investors Back Off After Concerns about Loss of China Market to US Trade Restrictions.  

--Israel and Hamas Agree to Cease Fire for 50 Person Hostage Release; Qatar, Egypt and US Involved in Negotiations; Hamas to Get return of Their Soldiers Taken Prisoner by Isarel. 

--Ousted OpenAI Chief Sam Altman to Return with New Board; Microsoft Continues to be a Winner in this Latest Big Tech Saga. 

--Vehicle Explodes on Rainbow Bridge at Niagra Falls Between US and Canada; FBI on the Scene. 

 

Aren't you glad there are no Thanksgiving Day songs that start in September. 

 

"If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There’s turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami. Someone needs to tell the turkey, ‘Man, just be yourself.'" --Mitch Hedberg 

 

There was a very meaningful NCAA Basketball game last night. Yeah, I know it is early in the season, but Big East darling and #4 Marquette beat #1 nationally Kansas 73-59. Pepel were wondering if Marquette was for real. They said something last night. 

  

This looks like one tough TidsPickers long weekend. There are tough picks between losers and winners, meaningful and why are we playing games alike. We snuck by with a 9-5 last week bringing us to 100-63 (61.349%). The good news was that the Patriots didn't lose. The meaningful games this week are Jax Houston (Who woulda thought that in August), Pitt-Cinn, Cleve-Denver and Buffalo-Phil. The only meaningful game eon TDay is Seattle and San Fran. The tough pick, “Why are we playing games” teams are Patriots-Giants, Panthers-Titans and TB-Falcons. I’ll stick with Houston whieh seems more consistent. Burrow is out for Cinn, but Picket being in isn't that great an advantage. I see Cinn bouncing back. Denver is gelling and the Browns’ confidence is swelling/ I think Cleveland is tough and will win. Buffalo woke uplast week but so did Philly. I didn’t think the Eagles looked great but they are a better all around team. I reluctantly pick Philly, but this will be a war. Seattle blew one last weekend. San Fran looked like world beaters again. I'll stay with the Niners.Now for the tough pick but who cares games I am worried about the hapless Patriots aganst the hapless Giants.  The Giants awoke big time last week. But I'm going backto my beloveds for just one mere time. The Titans look dreadful. But so do the Panthers. I'll take the team that has burned me week in and week out, Tennessee. They are due. Lastly we have two “Who knows” teams, Falcons and Saints. I’ll give the coin-flip nod to New Orleans. 

 

Of the rest, I like Detroit over Green Bay in the big TDay rivalry game that means a lot for the Lions. Dallas will keep on winning against Washington. The chances of The Jets finding an offense are minimal and Miami already ha a great one. The Dolphins swim happily, Two other non-descript teams are Indy and TB and I go Indy. Arizona and the LA Rams are awakening at the same time. I'll take the Rams. Kansas City will lick there wounds and get healthy against Las Vegas. I like Minnesota. Da Bears seem a little better, But I'll go with the Vikes. Lastly, there is Baltimore and the Chargers. I have to stay with Baltimore in what might be a very good game.  

 

How did they determine which Hamas taken hostages get released back to Israel? And how long will it be after the return of hostages until the shooting starts again. 

 

Some people are starting a vegetable diet tomorrow – carrot cake, Zucchinis Bread and Pumpkin Pie. What! no Brussel Sprout tart. 

 

JFK was shot and killed 50 years ago today and a lot of people are still wondering who shot him.  

 

A lot of people will go through life wondering what Pumpkin Pie tastes like on an empty stomach.  

 

The Answer: 

He leaves the kitchen when asked or stays out of it altogether. Sorry, feminists, that may sound a little sexist to you. 

 

What more can I say than, eat as much as you can and love even more. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment