Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, November 20, 2023

There is always more.

 

 

Today's Tids Issue 5,388 

Leftovers are for quitters: 

 

 

Believe it or not, I try to write this mess being considerate of broad array of people across the country with varying interests and beliefs. In other words, I submerse my own opinions knowing that some minuscule irritation to me may be something special to someone else Well, most of the time I do that. Sometimes though, when I just report what I see, others have information well beyond the perhaps frivolous nature of my comments. Last Friday, a great friend and super guy responded ot my superficial ramblings about 1972, saying, “I remember 1972 for the VC/NVA Easter offensive because I was there.” And here am I talking about buying a stylish Ladies over the Knee Boots for $22.98. We are often so oblivious of bigger pictures. 

 

I wish that the third movement of Saint Sans 3rd Piano concerto was as beautiful and stirring as the first movement. 

 

You know, I'm thinking I, maybe we, spend too much time wishing for things instead of going out and doing something to make things happen. I'm too old and perhaps not talented enough to go to music school but the point is that deep down I know there is more I can do about something if I just get out of my own way.  

 

Since when is somebody who reads the bible and believes in God an extremist? 

 

I always plan on taking home leftovers, but often my plans are foiled. 

 

The Question: 

Name the Five Best and Five Worst States for “Tax Climate. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Cooler Outlook for Inflation Keeping Stocks Higher at Start of Short Week; Nvidia and Microsoft Hit New Records. 

--Americans show Respect to Deceased Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter. 

--Argentina Far Right Libertarian Javier Meili Romps to Victory In Presidential Race; Economy Needs Fixing and He says He will Get Inflation Under Control; Trump Says, “Make Argentina Great Again”. 

--20 million Midwest T-Day Travelers Could be Rocked by Fierce Storms and Tornadoes.  

--US Secretary of Defense Makes Surprise Visit to Ukraine, 

--Texas Gov Abbot Endorses Trump for Strong Border Stance; Cal’s Newsome Takes out Ads Against DeSantis.  

--Taylor Swift Dominates Billboard Award Ceremony.  

--Staff at OpenAI Demands Their Board be Fired for Dismissing Their Boss, AI expert Sam Altman, or They will Quit; Microsoft Hires Alt5man snd Promises Job Openings for Any Staff Members. 

 

The government made cigarette companies put warnings on cig packs saying that you could die smoking these little rascals. I expect it m won't be long until the government demands all correspondence comes with the warning, "This was AI generated.” 

 

Excuse the language, but defensive linemen are getting screwed by refs a lot on these roughing the passer calls. What’s next “roughing the runner”?. Flag football? 

 

This was a kind of sell the sizzle and sort out the issues year for Artificial Intelligence companies; get people interested and find out where the government is too interested. Next year will be all in for big the players, but still testing the congress and populace opinions.  

 

"Colleen Ballenger returns to internet months after viral ukelele Video.” God, I'm gal I'm getting old and don’t have worry about why colleen was away.  

 

Don’t be surprised if there is a movement afoot to unionize NCAA Football and Basketball and create NIL Salary Caps...for starters. Everybody wants a piece of that big money pie including labor leaders. How would you like coaching players who can file grievances? 

 

Peace at last. It's 1973 and The Paris Peace Accords treaty which ended the Viet Nam “War” was signed. The soldiers are coming home. But war was on many fronts including horse racing when Secretariate won the first Triple Crown since Citation putting him into the conversation with the greatest horse ever, Man of War. There was a new oil war looming as OPEC raised prices 200%. There was the “Cod” war between Iceland and UK and the Yom Kipper war in the Middle East and of course the beginning of the war of all wars, the court ruling on RvW. Congress passed the Alaska Pipeline though and that touched off a new environmental war. Spiro Agnew resigned as VP and later pled nolo on receiving bribe charges. American eyes and ears were on the Watergate Proceedings. But as usual life goes on beyond the headlines. The Sears Tower in Chicago was opened to become the tallest building in the worlds and women rose to new heights after Billie Jean beat Bobby Riggs. (Note: NYC’s World Trade Center finished also in 1973, but the Sears was 100 feet taller.} A Morton TV dinner costs 38 cents! Men began wearing paisley slacks at a cost of $23.49. A Wisconsin Lake cottage on a 400-foot lake front lot cost $28,000 The movie Exorcist had people's heads spinning. Also, popular were the wonderful, The Sting, American Graffi, Papillon, The Way we Were, Live and Let Die, Paper Moon, Serpico and Jesus Christ Superstar. Tie a Yellow Ribbon around the Old Oak Tree. Looking at yellow ribbon adorned oak trees was kind of eye-opening for many communities, if you get my drift. The rest of thr songs were Bad Bad Leroy Brown, Killing Me Softly with his Song, Let's Get it On, My Love, Why Me, and Crocodile Rock. I was still in the “Mad Men Biz, and we were spending a lot of time in Rhode Island. We now owned half of a pony. One girl rode and the other cleaned the stable. They still get along.  

 

Why did the cranberry turn red. Because he saw the turkey dressing. 

 

Collapse of Amerasian culture, Department: 

As a full service Tids, I have to tell you, or should I say warn you that he dreadful “White Lotus” series is coming back for its third season. I won’t be watching.  

 

The big danger lurking in my small urban community isn’t marauding violence but people on electric bikes, scooters and skateboards going the wrong way on one-way streets.  

 

In these days where digital everything is everywhere and GPS takes us anywhere, they still use ten-foot chains to measure forward progress in Football.  

 

I have to assume that people who make cars stop so they can cross streets as entitled are the same people aghast at carbon spewing... even as they demand cars idle for them. I assume this is because independent Repubs would understand it smarter and easier to walk behind cars as they pass along.  

 

Top TDay movie: Silence of the yams 

 

The Answer:  

Now here is a climate change that some States should be all out to achieve. The best tax climate states 1-10 are Wyoming, South Dakota, Alaska, Florida, Montana, New Hampshire, Nevada, Utah, North Carolina, and Indiana. The worst for 50 to 41 are New Jersey, New York, California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, Vermont, Hawaii and Rhode Island. 

 

Well everybody, hope you got Thanksgiving all under control as the big day approaches. I do. My carving knife is sharpened. My wife does all the rest. 

 

I’ve been told to stop with the Thanksgiving jokes, but I can;’t quit cold turkey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment