Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Look for it. it's there.

Today's Tids Issue 2,153
Opening Stuff:

As you drive around through city streets or comfortable country lanes; As you look at houses big and small or rich and poor or urban and country; As you see a housewife getting into her car or a man walking across a field or a woman jogging on a rural lonely road. You are always looking at something that could turn into a novel or a great story. Just let your imagination run wild.

There is absolutely no restaurant to which “I just have to go!” It probably costs too much anyhow.

A tip of the helmet to those remaining Big 12 College conference members who are saying “No!” to expansion offers, and working hard to keep their own traditions alive.

The Question:
What are the two most heavily regulated industries in America?

The Headlines:
--European Stocks Up.
--Hitmen Kill 10 Mexican Police; 28 Die In Jail Riot.
--Brown Rice Eaters Less Likely To get Diabetes.
--America On Edge Of Seats Awaiting 0-Man Talk In Prime Time.
--US Demand For Oil Ups Barrel Price To $76.
--5.7 Earthquake Rattles San Diego Baseball Fans During Game.
--Rates On US Short Term Treasuries Fall In Auction To Lowest Levels Since January.
--Obama Mouthpiece Gibbs Says, “We Have To Get BP Out Of The Claims Business.”; New US “Change” Government Poised To take Over Another Private Responsibility.

Back To More Stuff:

I just changed the layout and appearance of this "The Tids" blog. – Check it out and let me know what you think and send your opinion: --I hate It. --It makes me sea-sick. --It’s confusing. –You have no taste. –It’s soothing and makes me want to pay you good money for the Tids. –I never read the old blog anyhow, so I don’t care.

The Novel.
Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 78 continues. –I still didn’t know how I felt when I walked into my beautiful Fosterville home and saw Jill and Jax standing there; With smiles on their faces; Just as though nothing at all happened and there were no traumas that could affect their entire lives. I just saw my two wonderful children waiting to welcome me home.
“Hi Mom!” Jill said cheerily. Naturally.
I looked at that smile and her handsome brother standing next to her. And I started crying. Uncontrollably. Then I felt through my teary mist four arms wrapping around my thighs and waist.
“Was your first day back to work too much for you mom,” I heard Jax say in a loving, consoling almost manly tone. “Huh Mom?” And then quiet except for my sobs. “Mom?”
I’m Maggie the Magnificent I told myself. The strong one. Nothing bad ever happens to me. I ride in on white horses.
I stooped down and wrapped my arms around them. But still didn’t, couldn’t, say anything.
The phone rang.
Jax left me and ran to it. Jill hugged me tighter.
“Hello,” I heard Jax’ voice. A take charge voice. “Mom’s crying’” I heard him say.”I think work was too hard for her today.”
That made me smile. I stood picking up with me a much too heavy Jill. I felt the sobbing slow. I had strong people who knew how to take care of me. I couldn’t lose with that kind of love.
“Who is it Jax.” I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand.
“It’s Mr. Middleton,” he said proudly.
My heart leapt. Or was it a stab of pain?

Signs of the Times Department:
In gigantic letters in front of a neighborhood BP gas station: ”Locally Owned!”

The left were the first to shout, “Get out of our bedrooms”…but they are the first to rush into people’s homes and tell parents how to raise their children.

Just as drug users have been the reason for the growth of now violent Drug Cartels, environmental activists rushing around the world in trains, planes and automobiles have contributed to manic deep water drilling. Celebs in private planes can’t say that the fuel they use doesn’t affect demand.

I could get stoned for this, but I’m beginning to think that Trader Joe’s is overrated. Except for Two Buck Chuck.

One of the newest fast growing intrusions into a persons life is in the area home selling and buying. The government will soon be all over that. In fact I just read a little squib that offered a state sponsored “Course on Home Buying” which when completed would “entitle the participant to a certificate of completion that would be necessary before being able to buy a house” under certain circumstances. Shoot me.

I’d like to have the chance to vote for Michelle Bachman for something.

It’s starting to appear that the new Health Care monster was designed to eventually force corporations into breaking the rules so they (Big Gov.) can take over company supported healthcare too. And then BG can say that they tried to keep the promise: “If you like your current program you can keep it”. But corporate greed forced them to step in to protect the common person. This is because the way the plan is written, it gives little leeway for companies to make changes based on sound business practices.

The Big Government propaganda seems to be working as I have heard stories of seemingly intelligent people in business saying that America should do a way with big corporations and make all business individually or family owned.

The Answer:
The two Big’s encumbered with the most Government handcuffs are the Nuclear and the Financial industries. Well , at least they stopped the contamination from the nuclear industry.

A Simple Observation:
I have always been the master of the obvious, and many years ago a friend coined a term to describe my simple utterisms: “Huntisms”. One I remember saying and him being astonished over the simply stated logic was “Health is Good.” So there you have it; Today’s problem in a nut shell. Everybody wants health, and could be easily fooled into overlooking the grave potential injustices of our current Big Government monster. That is why we have to be especially vigilant and not bow to emotional urges based on mainly anecdotal evidence. There is no better way to control the masses than by telling them “We are going to help you not die.” We need to make a change in November just to vote out this expensive intrusion into the American way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment