Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Sunny Side of the Street.

Today's Tids Issue 2,158
Opening Stuff:

I’m keeping this Tids light this morning as I realize that many of you will be facing depression as the days get shorter starting today. It won’t be long until you are shoving leaves into big paper bags to keep our friendly environmentalists happy. You won’t be able to leave the office early and sneak in nine holes. Your heating bills will rise. Today is not a pretty day.

You begin to understand why American students score so low on global math tests when you realize that the Big 12 has 10 teams and the Big 10 has 12 teams.

When a Frenchman drops the “F-Bomb” on TV, does he say pardon my American?

The Question:
Judy Garland -- a young girl who captivated young boys hearts; a woman who always made adults hearts pound as she belt out songs through alcoholic hazes – died forty one years ago today. Name her five greatest hits.

The Headlines:
--McChrystal Summoned To White House (See Below).
--Stock Futures Expected To be Forced Lower On Concerns Of European Sovereign Debt.
--Times Square Bomber Promises More Attacks On Americans.
--White House Budget Chief Peter Orszag Stepping Down; First Of 0-Man Staff To Resign.
--New British Budget Makes Most Drastic Cuts In History To Public Spending
--Oil execs in London Criticize Obama Drilling Halt.
--Admin Flagship Program To Help People Save Homes Falling Flat; 436,000 Borrowers Have Dropped Out; Most Couldn’t Or Were Unwilling To Provide Proof Of Income; 0-Man has Promised Free Ride.

Back to More Stuff:

The more you learn about Elena Kagan, the more you realize that she is just a well educated, smart politician.

Are the people who give financial advice on TV and radio business shows our smartest and brightest, or just those with the biggest egos?

Blue Balls in Italy Department:
Ouch! That’s right; an epidemic of Blue Balls has Italians seeing red! And frustrated too. You see, those pearly while little balls of Mozzarella are turning blue and leaving gastronomes frustrated. It’s a sad tale. What did you think I was talking about?

It is without question that the professional sports leagues have contributed mightily to what is becoming the worst dressed generation in history. Cavemen in skins looked better than today’s sports garbed masses. And I’ll throw in medieval paupers in gunny sacks too. It’s ugly out there.

Sliders are …well…sliders. But White Castle’s are a gourmet treasure.

General McChrystal, an Obama voter, became quite disillusioned when finding during his first meeting at the White House that the Prez was totally unprepared. Writers of a new story in Rolling Stone saw while traveling with the General’s aides, constant mocking of Biden and the unctious Richard Holbrook. McChrystal looks at the Obama assigned Ambassador Karl Elkenbury as a self serving traitor to his campaign. McChrystal has thus taken control of the action by “never taking his eye off the real enemy, ‘The wimps in the White House’.”

And now we find that Prime Time has committed the biggest single error of all. In an effort to quell the wavering of the Aghans and soothe the troops, he sent in Holbrook wearing a Ya, Ya, Ya…Well You Know Who I Mean…Cap! Gadzooks! How unthinking is that. The symbol of American luxury and pamperization in the poor, rocky lands of Afghanistan. A Ya, Ya, Ya…Cap. Will it ever end?

As far as I’m concerned, if you like the food, it’s gourmet.

I used to watch on the TV news chaotic street mobs in South American and Middle Cast countries and thinking thank God that doesn’t happen here. But this weekend I see thugs burning cars in Los Angeles and read of 51 shootings in two days in Chicago. And wonder are we becoming them? And it is not a happy thought. Then I realize that this uptick in insanity coincides with the rise in popularity of Soccer.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 79 Continues: A pause. Maybe a little longer than normal. Or maybe I was looking too hard for inconsistencies.
“Oh, Henry,” She started. “I was there yesterday afternoon. I was driving home…” She looked relaxed. But then I know she can compartmentalize her emotions. “…and I just had this urge to see what was happening with our caper.” She interrupted herself. “Did you know that cleaning woman Laura was missing?”
“No, I didn’t,” I said hurriedly. Too fast. “What I meant is not before Henry mentioned it yesterday.” Now it was me who was off balance.
“How often did she take care of your house? Did she have a lot of other customers?” She said seriously. And then she smiled broadly. “Jeez, I sound like a persecutor, don’t I!” Then she laughed again. Louder this time. And I couldn’t help laughing along with her. I started to feel comfortable, and moved my foot up her leg. Her eyes bore into mine. But, there was something different.
She blurted, “I can’t be with you like I was.” Her eyelids dropped. And I saw a little tear form. She looked up. “You know I want to. I want to jump across this table right now and bring you to a place you have never been.”
I was at a loss for words. I felt my groin warm. I couldn’t talk.
“Kent, you know I have loved you. I have been addicted to your mind, your touch, the explosion of your body.” I thought she was going to break down. “I can’t handle it any more. When I look into the innocence in my children’s eyes, I can no longer tell a lie.”
I couldn’t talk. Marie was looking at us. She knows. We aren’t that good.

The Admin criticizes the Arizona Law on the basis that only the federal government is allowed to regulate and control immigration. But that is exactly where they are wrong. This isn’t an immigration issue at all. This is an illegal declaration of war on our southern borders. With criminal combatants storming the fences to raid the treasuries of our safety net institutions.

I finally figured out why the pitchers are so dominant this year – three* perfect games in two months. The batters are no longer juicing! I wonder if the Orange Growers Association knows this.

The Answer:
First and foremost has to be “Somewhere over a Rainbow”. Then my mind recalls, Easter Parade, The Trolley Song, For Me and My gal, and When you wore a Tulip. And I always enjoyed Look for the Silver Lining, Johnny One Note and Get Happy. There was always that conflict – watching and worrying about her while she sang with all of the fiber in her increasingly frail body to make you happy.

Thought for the Day:
In 1910, French writer and statesman Alexis De Tocqueville said: “the American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Kind of makes you want to go back and se what else he said, doesn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment