Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Nothing stays the same.

Today's Tids Issue 2,144
Opening Stuff:

The good news today is that the balance of power has shifted back to the police. The chances of technicalities setting criminals free has been greatly reduced. And the ability of the police to find out what is really going on increased. And, the possibilities of a “He/she said, she/he said potential controversy is practically nil with the advances in monitoring technology. But, I still regret that it was yet another 5-4 SC decision.

Mike Peters reports overhearing a couple of Mr. Potato Heads talking in a restaurant, “If you say that again I’m going to rearrange your face.”

Hewlett Packard announced yesterday that they will lay-off 9,000 US workers (They will replace 6,000 with sales and service workers in foreign calling centers. But, that’s another story.). This gets back to my comments yesterday on the potential growth of “Pad” type computing as the new norm. H-P is the largest PC maker, and their objective here is to redefine the company more like IBM. To rebuild their core businesses to reflect capabilities in computer services. It turns out that the other PC giant, Dell, is doing exactly the same thing. And, Xerox, seeing declines in their main business, also is hoping to hitch their star to IBM style businesses. Maybe what they are seeing should be telling us that owning Microsoft stock is not any longer the “No-Brainer” it has been for 25 years.

The Question: With the Japan PM stepping down over Okinawa, I wondered how many of you know how many islands comprise the Japan archipelago. What are the four largest?

The Headlines:
--H-P To Lay Off 9,000.
--Japanese PM Steps Down After Breaking Campaign Promise To Rid Okinawa Of US Presence.
--Ireland Unemployment Hits New Highs; Stocks Flagging Under Dark Cloud Of Erratic Economy.
--US Investors Can Look To Modest Rebound This Morning.
--BP Trying New, Risky Capping Procedure.
--Militants Attack As Afghan Peace Process Begins.
--Israel Defends Actions; Deports Foreign Activists.
--New York School Must Reinstate 13 Year Old Boy Suspended For Wearing Rosary Beads.
--World Religious Leaders Unite Against Proposed Comedy central Jesus Cartoon.

Back to More stuff:

I think my golf game is sucking because of all the bad luck coming my way for not forwarding “Must forward” emails!

Sarah “Fergie” Ferguson is fast approaching white trash status.

And how about that Oprah…”The Great Enabler”.

Who woulda thunk it – The ever so cute Tipper and the ultra cool Gorester in splitsville. Must been all of those “Green” girls running around the office of AlGore Inc.

Or maybe Gore was going to accept an offer as compromise President of Iraq since the disputed election of which the Al-ster is an expert is retarding formation of a government.

The new campaign slogan for November 2010 is something even husbands can understand: “Take out the Trash.”

I guess I just don’t like the opening programs for entertainment competitions like America’s Got Talent, Ai and others where the focus is on the weird. I just can’t get into those until they get serious. But “America’s Got…” has many more problems. For instance the first thing I’d do is “Triple Red X” host Nick Canon. Jeez, is he annoying. And then I’d can the director who continually creates mind numbing camera cuts… especially to the irrelevant antics of Canon. And, how about that screaming audience. I still have a headache. The worst part of the opener for this summer show was the infatuation with Howie Mandel who was totally not funny. So, I’ll have to wait a couple of weeks before tuning in again. Because when the talent arrives and the gimmicks fade, I genuinely like the acts.

“Young Victoria” is one of those movies that I hated to see end.

A few days ago while listening to a good friend talk about her distaste for smugness in people, I remember sitting there thinking about how to properly define the term. Then last night, it walked right out of my TV screen – Al Gore.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 74 continues. –At that point Jack intervened. “Agent Rivera, we will tell you everything we know. The resolving of this is as important to us as seeking justice is to you. I have to tell you that our people who jumped in when Mag…Sarah was injured did only what they were supposed to do. They developed procedures to get BiEmbryo up to speed with our systems. As you know, when a company is using investor organization’s money the investor is always in control. Or, at least tries to be in control.” He smiled a little. “As you know Sarah was out of commission when the bad thing went down.”
Rivera and Hanson nodded, apparently in appreciation. Hanson started, “We appreciate your openness and help so far. And we understand. But,” There’s always a but, I thought. And I think I know can tell where this “but” is going. “But, we see the Middleton as an interesting character and certainly one individual remaining who had most to gain for the alleged criminality of Bromsky.”
“And,” Josie added, “We’re not so sure that the Bromsky death was a suicide…”
Jack Interrupted, “And thanks for being so open with us.”
“Sherriff Boulder thinks very highly of you Mrs. Durham,” started Josie as she quickly pierced my comfort zone.
“I love Henry too”, I offered pleasantly.
“Well, it was your ’lover’,” she laughed at herself, “Who told us of your friendliness towards Middleton.”
“Well, I guess since we were together fairly often during the vandalism caper and we didn’t batter each other, I guess we would look friendly. And, I liked Middleton. But, he is just too cold ever to be a great and warm friend.” My insides were churning. And all of sudden I fantasized Kent dropping to his knees in front of me and wrapping his arms around my hips. I shuddered and hoped I wasn’t seen. Rivera’s eyes widened slightly.
Then she turned to Jack. “By the way Jack, who is Mag…?”

Republicans should worry about credibility with large numbers of voters if they over-prosecute 0-Man as inept. Many see his cool exterior as conflicting with “worst ever” tag. Many voters don’t analyze, but feel. Surprisingly, Obama’s cool demeanor is more like that of his polar opposite Ronald Reagan. Reagan a man who in the face of intense disparagement by the left, got much stronger by pressing on with his convictions. Harsh criticism must always seek a balance.

The Answer:
Japan is made up of 6,852 Islands (Actually, this number is seen in many accounts, but others show estimates in the 3-4,000 ranges. So, I guess we’re talkin’ a lot of rocks here.). Imagine that! The four biggest -- Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu and Shikoku – comprise 97% of the land. Of other smaller Islands, Okinawa is the most well known.

The surprising end:
And just think…when the powerful Clinton was using the youngster Monica, he turned to the Gores for guidance. I guess it is just one more example of what we should all know by now, nothing is at seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment