Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A sunny start.

Today's Tids Issue (#2K148)
Opening Stuff:

Standing on a hilltop over looking Jamestown isle and the sea around. The morning sun oozing out of the crystalline blue ocean. Emitting reds and pinks beneath a powder blue sky. Birds flit about fields of waving yellow daisies. Comfortable Belted Galloway cattle dot the green with black and white. Their ears perking to the creaking sound of an old, weathered, grey shingled wind mill. Where once hardy famers milled their grains. And in the distance, peeking above wind rattled maple and elm trees, a sturdy white church spire that has withstood the wrath of natures windswept seas. And it says this morning…All is right in the world today.

This is that time of year when some people actually think that everybody else wants to hear the music in their car.

Sign seen at huge Chicago Tea Party Rally: “I listed the federal Government as a dependent on my tax return this year’.

The Question:
As you contemplate dipping your toes in the Ocean this summer, tell me of the ten scariest and most dangerous sea creatures.

The Headlines:
--Stock Market Higher On Positive Bernanke Comments.
--Hungary PM Says He Will Cut Public Wages, Overhaul Tax System And Ban Mortgage Lending In Foreign Currencies.
--Van der Shoot Confesses To Murder Of Peru Women; Holloways Hoping For More Details On daughter’s Death
--China Says It Will Continue To Keep Tight Grip On Available Internet Content.
--Primaries IN Nevada And Cal Will Determine Opponents for Reid and Boxer.
--Congress Irate That CIA Has Not Had Watchdog In Place For More Than A Year.

Back to More Stuff:

Excuse for next doctor’s appointment:
I have metal fillings in my teeth so the refrigerator magnets keep pulling me into the Kitchen. That’s why I can’t lose weight. Works for me.

The country would probably be a better place if we went back to the idea of local banking. You know, when the banker actually knew something about the person with whom they were dealing – good or bad.

You probably don’t know the name Jack Harrison. He was a Brit who along with 200 others hoped to gain freedom from a “Stalag” wide plot that produced tunnels of freedom. Only 76 prisoners made it. But it was considered a huge moral victory and is immortalized in the 1963 movie starring Steve McQueen and James Garner – The Great E3scape. You may want to rent it and remember the fifty captured escapees who were murdered on the direct orders of an embarrassed Adolph Hitler. Harrison was one of the 124 who never made it out before the discovery. He quickly had to change out of his disguise and back into his prison uniform to survive.

New research that says pedestrians in crosswalks are much more like to be killed or injured than jaywalkers supports the Tids on-gong war against “entitled’ pedestrian arrogance. Government crosswalks are a classic example of how too much government involvement can suck the responsibility gene out of people. Crosswalks turn nice people into power mad aggressors who continually stare down and stop long lines of traffic for their personal gain. Or consider this latest of Big G entitlements a new license to be stupid. While creative Jaywlakers think for themselves and get safely across.

If the Chicago Blackhawks win one more game, you can expect perhaps the biggest ever sports celebration in US history. These mightiest of hockey fans have been waiting 48 years for a Stanley Cup repeat – the longest drought in the league. Maybe this member of the Original Six (Montreal, Boston, Detroit, Toronto, New York) can pave the way for the Chicago Cubs who have been waiting for 98 years! I’m all the way with Chi!

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 76. --“The Jacoby woman has been neutralized.” The words of my friend Jason seemed so sterile. “We made it look like an aggressive kidnapping.” The fools I thought. They’re just calling attention to Laura. Arousing new suspensions. I didn’t say anything. Jason continued. “We know that the FBI was at LH&R a good part of the day. You friend Durham left early, but as you told us she may be headed out early because of her rehab.” Maybe I could contribute her rehab, I smiled.
“Keep an eye on her.” I think I will call her cell and try to meet her when she arrives back in Fosterville, I thought. “Anything else.”
“Just that my guy saw the sheriff at Laura’s house, and he came out in a bit of a huff. That is uncharacteristic for that old geezer.”
“I’ll check him out. Keep up the fine sleuthing. Let me know where Sarah goes.”
“Ok, boss.” He said sarcastically and hung up.
I dialed Sarah’s phone. I decided that I’ll test her a little. If Jason’s guy can give me her actual movements and she misrepresents hers in conflict with that, then I may have to do more that just sleep with Sarah/Maggie to keep her under control. She is too smart. And something just didn’t seem right when she left the last time. “Hi Sarah, it’s me” I said when she answered.
“Oh Kent, what a lovely surprise. I have been with our legal people all day and I needed to hear your voice.” What legal people I thought?
“That is nice to hear”, I answered in one of my more engaging voices.” You know what your voice does to me. “Where are you anyhow?”
“Oh, I have just broken free from the clutches of Boston and am flying towards Acton.”
“I see. Coming back up to Fosterville then? Would you like to stop off at my house.” There was silence.
“Yes I am, but unfortunately I have to get home to Jill who has not been feeling well. But, I can promise you that by the time I reach the town limits my resistance may be down. Especially if I think of you for the rest of the ride. You know how weak I am! You know how you affect my body.”
“I’ll await your change of heart as I think of kissing you between your legs.” I hung up before she could reply. And dialed Henry.

How to go crazy at home or look weird in the Office Department:
A good reader sent this little exercise which was designed by an orthopedic surgeon. 1. While sitting at your desk before you computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles. 2. Now while doing this, draw the number “6” in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction. You can do it over again but you will never beat it. Hey, it’s better than watching the Government at work!

The Answer:
Number 10 is the Moray Eel. 9. Sea Lion (Surprise) 8. Sting Rays 7. Saltwater Crocs 6. Lion Fish (Pretty but deadly to touch.) 5. Sea Snakes 4. Puffer Fish 3. Stone Fish (Most toxic in world) 2. Tiger Sharks And the number 1 scariest sea creature is the Box Jellyfish (Kills Hundreds each year! Don’t accept free vacation to Philippines.)

The End:
The mind works better on cool, brisk, sunny days.

Of course my biggest problem with the circling foot test is determining which way is clockwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment