Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Fertilizer days.

Today's Tids Issue 2,214
Opening Stuff:

These are those wonderful days when the crabgrass starts dying.

Kids keep all of their most prized possessions – songs, pictures, diaries – on a 3 inch square electronic device. Yet when going to school they labor under the weight of back packs that can carry everything needed for a minor league baseball team. Go figure.

These are the days when Politicians begin to spread the manure.

The Question: 
Today we have a pretty simple twosome. The first is for golfers and the curious. What is the official name of a “Double Eagle” (Three under par on one hole)? And second…the big earthquake in New Zealand occurred near the country’s second largest city Christ Church. Quick now, what is the largest city in New Zealand?

The Headlines:
--Political Campaign Spending Fastest Growing Segment Of Economy.
--Japan Confirms First Case Of Superbug Resistant To All Drugs.
--Wall Street Futures Not Bright.
--US Commander In Afghan Warns That Burning Of Quran Endangers Troops And Americans Worldwide; Petraeus Says Small Flirda Church Plan To Burn Book On 911 Is Bad Idea.
--Jerry Lewis Telethon Raises $59.9 Million.
--North Korea Asks South For Flood Aid.
--Obama Kicks Off Dem Campaign With Infrastructure Spending Plan; Talk Obliterates Any Hope For Non Partisanship In Bill Passages.
--It was a Vichyssoise Summer For Campbell; As Heat Rose Soup Sales Cooled.

Back to More Stuff:
Be prepared this week for an all out assault on your wallets as the Dems in panic mode unleash proposals they say are designed to get the economy rolling again…“Before November”.

I’m always amazed at some credibility gaps in the writings of so-called successful writers. One line I read yesterday popped out at me. In this a novel a detective called to a home because of a savage attack on a woman, thinks as he observes the victim after but a few moments in the house, “Hillary Thomas was one of the most beautiful woman Tony had ever seen, She appeared to have a few drops of Indian blood.” A few drops of Indian blood?? He must be a helluva detective.

One of the skills that hasn’t diminished is my uncanny ability to jaywalk. I used to use it often perfecting my skills as a football running back. If you can beat a car you can beat a mere mortal.

The Tids Sports Department is getting a little giddy as it anticipates the first Pick-um day Thursday morning. Get ready for winners.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 92 continues. –Concentrate Sarah. Concentrate. “Yeah, Middleton does have some fatherly characteristics,” I agreed to Paul. “But, he was also a pretty intelligent guy and fun to work with on the great Fosterville vandalism caper.”
“I can understand that. I liked him too. Once I got past his efficient business exterior.” I smiled at the image of Kent making Paul sweat it our. “In fact, and I’m no geneticist, I thought this project was making progress without the new data from the Bromsky experiments. Although that data would surely make your company’s investment in BiEm pay off a lot quicker.”
“What did you just say?” I asked now alert to his talking.
“I said,” replied Paul, “That my instruments and technology a had upgraded the project to the extent that BiEm was in no danger of not achieving your return projections. And that the addition of the manna from heaven, the Bromski data, turned it into a bonanza for the management, and probably RL&H too. You know performance bonuses and all.” “And all,” I thought. “How are you feeling Sar. I wish I was there with you.”
I started to reply with one of my remarks, but all of a sudden my heart got caught in my throat. I was speechless. A little tear formed in my eye.
“Sar? Sarah.” I heard Paul talk to Henry. “I can’t hear her anymore Henry.”
“I’m here Paul. I’m here. Can you hear me? The silver Volvo was 100 yards behind me.

One of the results of the proliferation of coffee shops is the ability of humans to sit alone and stare aimlessly into space for hours. Then they can take out their internet device and talk to friends they have never seen.

A letter to the editor reminds us that the Hispanic baseball players have voted to boycott the All-Star game if played in Arizona. And that the Player’s Union has come out against the Arizona law. The letter writer suggests that Americans boycott all baseball games until the players learn the meaning of the word “Illegal”. Makes sense to me.

One thing that has never made sense to me are body piercings, with tattoos a close second. I try to understand, but this one. has me stumped because I have never disliked single pierced ears for earrings.

I think, if I’m not mistaken, that we are at that point where welfare pays better than minimum wage. If the Illegals figure that out we won’t have any workers in the US to do low pay work.

The Answer:
The official name of a three under hole, commonly called a double eagle, is “Albatross”! The biggest city in New Zealand is Aukland followed by Wellington. Amaze your friends.

The End:
The world has a way of balancing things out. It’s fall when the crab grass dies and politicians grow wild and ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment