Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September is like Spring again.

Today's Tids Issue 2,210
Opening Stuff:

Ahh September. When the August dust settles and green things get greener. I love September. It is a time slow down form the hectic pace of trying to fill up sunny summer days. To relax and le the days come to you. As evenings get cooler. And days get shorter. I get to celebrate the birthday of one of my favorite people which just happens to be the same day I will be remembering the 3,000 lives slaughtered when inhuman assailants flew plains into the Twin Towers. September is a rebirth and a reawakening.

First it was Nancy and Harry. Then it was Barack. Now I have Earl taking dead aim at my assets. At least with Earl, I know he’ll be gone by Saturday morning!

In 2004 George Bush stood on an Aircraft carrier and said Mission Accomplished. Last Night Barack Obama sat in the Oval Office and said Mission Changed. And 50,000 US non-combatants will still be there dodging bullets, bombs and mines for another year or more.

The Question: 
Who would you pick for the top 5 in last night’s America’s Got Talent show.

The Headlines:
--Hurricane Earl Threatening NC As Tourists Evacuate; Projected Path Still Giving New Englanders Hope.
--Stocks Take Healthy Bounce Upward On New Manufacturing Data.
--Midwestern State’s Supply Managers Predicting Recession For 2011.
--Prez Goes Through Motions In Speech Many Dems Say He Should Have a Avoided.
--Alaska’s Murkowski Concedes.
--Bombs In Pakistan Kill 20 At Shiite Religious Ceremony.

Back to More Stuff:
When you’re the Tids guy, you have to report on what’s out there. And what was out there last night was an Obama campaign speech. He really shouldn’t have given it. In fact the word is that many leading democrats wanted him to nix the whole idea. The reason; He was taking credit for the accomplishments which were a result of Bush’s surge decision which he ridiculed and voted against.

In the news blips leading up to last night’s speech one highlighted in this order: “First look at White House décor make-over”; “Tribute to American military”. Are we really that shallow? In fact if the media had spent as much time on the US Mexican boarder as they have examining the boarder of the new Oval Office rug, we might have the truth and everything there under control by now.

The most overrated news story of the week so far is Troy Palumalu’s Million dollar hair. Save me.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 91 continues. --Now it was my turn to pause. Why am I playing cat and mouse when what is important is the safety of Sarah/Maggie. “Is Mag…Sarah there?”
:Nope, Kent” answered Henry quietly, cautiously. Then he added. “Paul, that’s her husband who is sitting here with me, says she had her Maggie face firmly in place when she left.”
“Oh, I remember that face when we organizing our little group,” I answered trying to be light. But I didn’t feel light. The more I thought of her out there driving with Cotter’s guy following; with Izzy on a warpath; The more my anxiety grew. “Didn’t you guys think that she might be in danger when you let her go?”
“Why do you say that,” came Henry’s quick reply. I paused to think. Was I supposed to know about that tail she spotted?
“Well Henry,” I started slowly, “She said to me within the last 24 hours that she thought someone was following her.” Was that close enough o what they knew?
“Oh really!”
“Listen Henry,” I decided to get firm and stop playing his game. “We all know that it was very likely someone forced her off the road the last time. That time when she was almost killed. Why did you let her go?”
Now it was Henry’s time to pause. I could picture him with his hand over the mouthpiece held snuggly against his chest talking to Paul. What are they waiting for? Nobody cares about Maggie/Sarah like I do. “You bring up a good point, Kent. I guess she looked so confident now after what happened earlier today, and we were so busy that it was more important for her to get to Boston.”
“Henry, get into your car and follow her.”
“Will do,” he said again in his normal under control way. And then he added “You sound very concerned. Do you know something we don’t?”

How many politicians have you heard lately saying he or she is going to create jobs! Politicians don’t create jobs the real economies need. They are supposed to maintain an environment in their town, state or country in which businesses of all kinds can flourish and prosper -- and hire!. I’d like to see one of the RI job promising con men running for higher office say, “I’m going to turn around our union smothering environment so businesses will return RI to its one time greatness.’ Something like that.

And how about Lynch former Dem Head and manipulator of all things big government in RI (Running for Congress) saying he is exactly the kind of “Non-Politician” this state and country needs.”

Joe Biden, America’s Plagiarist Laureate, is also very accomplished at saying anything that comes to mind with foot firmly planted in mouth. In 2007, for instance, he told a group of Congressional pages that they will not see in their life time the ability of Iraqis to govern them selves. And then yesterday said that the Iraqi people are fully capable of running their own country and it is proper that we leave. It is that classic kind of political misrepresentation that has people up in arms.

The Answer:
Earlier this summer I started to report on the going-on’s at America’s Got Talent, but it went on so long that I got confused and I got bored. But the Video of Jackie Evancho brought me back. Man, what a singer. So I watched last night and two of the five who would move into the top ten came readily to mind – The wonderful Jackie and the mesmerizing magician (At least he was last night) Michael Grasso. The trapeze acrobats were also thrilling and will probably move forward. As will the creative group Fighting Gravity (I thought they were just Ok last night), So now we have one spot. The two young pop singers Romer and Kenyon were below average but the boy could get that big teen girl vote. It though the hip-hop dancers were good but just another hip-hop group and quite repetitious. The second magician Murray blew it when he made a train disappear in a dull routine. Jeremy the bike rider was interesting but not a Top ten type of entertainer. Haspop was interesting and certainly talented at what he did, but I think his act will wear thin. I had a hard time leaving out the amazing young pianist Bui, but I’m giving the fifth spot to Alice tan Ridley.

The End:
So far Earl is stay out there where he belongs. Maybe September will start out ok after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment