Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, April 5, 2021

Getting back to grey.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,876

No trophies for arguments:

 

Many mornings while reading the comics I find myself smiling continuously and often bursting out in a good laugh. Is there a better way to start the day?

 

I always thought that the B’s in Baseball stood for ballyhoo and bluster and breaking away from bombastic backbiting, not banning, boycotting and blackballing. Is there anything sacred left in America that isn’t being used to turn people against each other?

 

Looks from here like a good NCAA basketball Championship game. I love the way Gonzo moves the ball, but Baylor is very athletic and tenacious on defense. Gonzo is persistent and really can shoot. I would love to see “G” cut down the nets, but I’m thinking Baylor is the team of destiny this year.

 

I listen to people talk, regular ordinary people, all people, and I see people mainly interested in winning an argument for their scorecard. Not listening, understanding and perhaps even coming up with a reasonable solution. How novel. Solutions.

 

Why did Adele cross the road? To say Hello from the other side.

 

The Question:

Eddie Murphy always made me laugh. Name his top five movies.

 

 

The Headlines:

—Stock Markets Open Strong; Tesla Surges After Q1 Report Shows Sales Doubling Over 2020; Traders Like Last Weeks Exobase Jobs Report.

--300 Manatee County Florida Homes Evacuated As Possible Reservoir Collapse Could Send Cascades Of High PH Wastewater Through Area; Authorities Pumping Out 33 Million Gallons A day Into Bay To Reduce Pressure On Dam.

--Stanford Beats Arizona 53-52 For NCAA Women’s Basketball Championship.

--SC Sides With Google In Oracle Copyright Case.

--US Shuts Down One Time Secret Section At Gitmo; Moves Prisoners.

--Israeli PM Netanyahu In Court Facing Corruption Charges, Trying To Save Party Control; Hunter B Says he Will Be Proven Innocent.

--Northern Ireland Tense As Reaction To Post Brexit Unfairness Ignites Three Nights Of Unrest And Fires.

 

I like the sound of the name “Ash Barty”, so I always root for her in tennis tournaments. I’m pretty shallow.

 

One thing for sure that BLM has done is made good honest hard working police officers sitting ducks for loons and misguided zealots. Pure and simple.

 

If you come across the body of the Easter Bunny, hit with some Hair Spray. It restores life to dead hair.

 

I couldn’t get my head around the Red Sox lineup variations this year, and it appears the team can’t get their heads around the concept of winning.

 

Too many people don’t seem to understand our US of A in that the power of the Feds comes from the states, and the people in them.

 

My favorite part of Easter were all of the family laughs.

 

If you write a fair two-sided story, people of generally opposite persuasions will always pick out the one small part they dislike and use it a paint the entirety black. This is just the way it is in The USA today.

 

It was nice to see Jordan Spieth come back and win one yesterday. I don’t root for him because of his name. I just like him.

 

It appears that there has been an all-out public relations campaign launched to diminish Hunter’s B’s B past sins ad get him out of the news.

 

The Answer:

I liked Number One – Trading Places. #2 is Beverly Hills Cop and that is followed by Coming To America, 48 Hours, Beverly Hills Cop II, Shrek, Eddie Murphy Delirious, The Nutty Professor, Shrek 2 and Raw. Murphy movies are like many starring strong personalities, films that are average and only begin to work when actors like Eddie walk int a scene.

 

Easter was great. I ate too much Chocolate Cream Pie. But I’m not going on a diet.

Judging by the quality of the puns today, it’s obvious that chocolate has a taken a toll on my brain cells. But it is a loverly way to become oblivious.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment