Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Justice, or.


Today's Tids Issue 4,889

Contemplation:

 

I love walking outside on my deck above the city below and breathing that fresh cold morning air as the earth dawns  once more. Just one simple act of serenity

 

CBS a had announced a return to new episodes for NCIS beginning last night. But, at the last minute they pulled the show and went to an oldie…because of the verdict in Minneapolis. Who is running this country anyhow?

 

Colorblind people don’t care if they get red or white wine.

 

I wonder how The Inflation Index deals with products that remain the same in price but put less product in the bag or box.

 

The Question:

Two US Presidents were related to one other President each, but FDR was related to 11 other presidents. Who were the two and their relationships, and who were the11 related to FDR?

 

The Headlines:

--Dow And S&P Strong; Nasdaq Wakes Up In Mid-Morning.

--Putin Issues New Warning To West.

--Chauvin Found Guilty On All Three Counts; Riots Quelled.

--LA Judge Orders That All Homeless People Living on “Skid Row” Must be Offered Housing By Fall.

 

Mexican cartels are now using drones to drop explosives in attacks on police. Come to think of, people who really hate police most are criminals.

 

I saw a picture of Andie MacDowell this morning and I was remind that I got sucked into watching the most tedious movie ever – Sex, Lies and Videotape. But, I discovered Andie, who was intriguing.

 

The highly successful ARK Founder Cathie Woods is back in the news again after fighting to keep her company healthy as she suffered through the general investor flip to Value Stocks. Now she has come out strong buying four new Growth stocks where she sees huge potential. She is bullish on Cryptocurrency as has CoinBase as her star there. She thinks the future is all about digital wallets. Her second new big purchase is Unity Software which is a Real-time 3D development software. With Number 3 Shopify she is looking for it to take a chunk out of Amazon the eRetail biz. Number four on her new plate is Sea Limited which actually appears to be like a new version of the old conglomerate type of biz. It owns new companies in a diverse field.

 

I will figure out this typo thing. I will figure out why I made so many typos in the first place. Is it my fingers or my brain? Is it hang nails? Am I just a big dummy? Genetically bad at typing? Is it my computer’s fault or my keyboard’s?  There are different kinds of typos. One is “fat fingering”: accidentally hitting the key next to the letter you meant to type, like the classic example of “pwn” instead of “own.” A different version is when you switch letters inside a word, like “teh” for “the.” This isn’t a misspelling — you know how to spell “the.” In this case, your fingers went for the wrong key at the wrong time, and you got tripped up by two hands — the ‘H’ with your right hand and ‘E’ with your left. Maybe it’s dyslexia but more likely it is my brain running far ahead of my fingers. Or maybe I just have to stop going for speed. It’s like a golf swing. A nice slow tempo will generally give you a nice straight shot. Speeding it up just puts you deep into the woods. I took a typing test in the m Army. I typed 83 words in a minute. After correcting for typos, my rate came down to 13. But they hired anyhow! And, then there are spelling and grammar mistakes. Now, that bothers me.

 

I don’t understand why when convicted of the most serious charge the jury had to pile on finding him guilty of lesser definitions of the crime. Was that just window dressing for the street?

 

You could view the cross on the cover of the bible as a big time spoiler.

 

The question hanging over the Chauvin trial will remain: How much did mob intimidation affect the trial and verdict. Will this verdict be a signal for mob actions in the future? Was this trial really about justice? I’m not talking here about whether or not Chauvin did something disgusting or completely evil, I’m talking about how mob intimidation could affect justice in the future.

 

Btw, Biden was totally inappropriate speaking out about the case while the jury deliberated, “I’m praying the verdict is the right verdict, which is — I think it’s overwhelming, in my view,”

 

Some are saying that when paying for a new brain for a transplant, the woman’s Brain would be significantly cheaper because it has been used.

 

The Answer:

George W. Bush and Abe Lincoln were 7th cousins four times removed and Jimmy Carter and George Washington were 9th cousins 6 times removed. But FDR was related to John Adams, James Madison, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, William H. Harrison, Zachary Taylor, Andrew Johnson, US Grant, Benjamin Harrison, William Howard Taft and of course Teddy Roosevelt (A fifth cousin)

 

It was supposed to be raining and cold and awful this morning. Of course it was sunny and warm. Over the years I don’t let weather forecasts deter me from playing golf. I just go regardless and over 90% of the time I get to play despite dreary forecasts.

 

I like standing on a sand dune looking out to sea. Watching a seagull flow effortlessly upon drafts, with puffy clouds overhead. There are so many ways to find peace. And so many of them are outside in areas that appear untouched by the human hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment