Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, January 20, 2022

From whence the anger.

 

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,087

Happiness is better:

 

Interest Rate Shock will eventually wear off. Remember that. We are always in only a mere moment of time in history.

 

Joe Biden held a two-hour press conference yesterday where, among many things, he said that he outperformed his promises. As I recollect, he was elected as an ABT, (Anybody But Trump) candidate with many people voting for him based on his main promise of reunifying America. I believe that is what most people wanted most out of his presidency.

 

I think my typo problem has been properly diagnosed. My computer Spell-Checker has had Irritable Vowel Syndrome. (Thanks to the comic strip of John McPherson.

 

Today is National Penguin Day. Do we have any free-range penguins left in the USA? I like Penguins and Sandpipers.

 

“Being president is like running a cemetery: Youve got a lot of people under you, and nobodys listening.” --Bill Clinton

 

The Question:

It is that time to rank best Girl Scout cookies again. List your favorites.

 

The Headlines:

--Markets Rebound In Morning Trading; US New Jobless Claims Rise To 3 Month High.

--SC Says Trump Must Reveal His Presidential Records To Jan 6 Committee.

--Repubs Stop Voting Bill

--CN Fact Cheekers List Bidens False And Misleading Claims.

--Pollster L Carter Says That Independent Voters Gave Biden Press Conference “D’s” and “F’s”.

--Munich Church Report Says That Pope Benedict Failed To Act Against Abuser Priests.

 

The scientists are at it again. A new report says that researchers have discovered that the core of the earth is cooling faster than they thought. This is typically not very good news for planets. In fact is significantly more ominous than the warming of the exterior. Hmmm – Too much heat. Not enough heat. Maybe there is a collaboration opportunity in there somewhere.

 

“If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?”  --Abraham Lincoln

 

19-year-old teen pilot Zara Rutherford became the youngest woman to fly solo around the world. When I was 19, I was trying to look like I was 21 so I could get into bars. So I’ll drink to Zara any old time.

 

It is Tids-Picker Thursday again. Just four games left now: GB-SF, TB- LAR, Tenn-Cincy ad KC-Buff. San Fran has been resilient and gutsy, but GB is just a better team that won’t make Dallas mistakes. LA can be great and can be a mystery at times. I like the consistency of TB and Brady is right now really playing well. I go Bucs. I personally like Cincy and Tennessee. Burrow has been really good. But I believe the Titans are a little better This will be a close one. Down in Kansas City we will see two really great QB’s playing very well right now. This could be very entertaining. But I think KC will win in the end.

 

I don’t meet as nearly as many angry people as there are reported in the news. If any.

 

Barack Obama has been our best Irish-Scotch-English-German/African American President ever.

 

“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” --Theodore Roosevelt

 

Something else must be going on today. But I’m not feeling it.

 

If there weren’t so many politicians and personal injury lawyers, I’m sure regular people would be much less angry.

 

The Answer:

Ok, Number 1 is Tagalogs Peanut Butter Patties followed by Thin Mints and then Samoas, Trefoils Shortbread, Do-Si-Dos, Lemonades, Girl Scout S’mores, Thanks-A-Lot, Chocolate Chip Shortbread and #10, Savannah Smiles. Now, I am hungry.

 

“I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of a national emergency—even if I’m in a Cabinet meeting.” —Ronald Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment