Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Make up your mind.

 






Today's Tids Issue 5,107 

US and Ukraine Have Southern Border Problems: 

 

I have always preached sucking it up and working hard to overcome hardships, defeats and change. Being able to adapt and beat change will always keep you young. It has always worked well for me, until, until... Microsoft changed “Word”,  

 

That all said, I think dealing with the new big media scare, $7/gallon gas will be very difficult. Remember, Obama always championed higher gas prices so alternative energy wouldn’t look so expensive. 

 

PJ O’Rourke once observed that Middle East nations were just quarrels with borders. 

 

Remember PJ O’Rourke? I always Liked Him. 

 

Starting a war over Ukraine is a bad Idea for the west and Putin. I think they will find a truce possibility. 

 

Or as the Jolly Green Giant says, “Give peas a chance.” 

 

The Question: 

What ten actors are considered the all-time best “Action Stars? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Stocks Drift Early Contemplating The Next Step In the Ukraine Crisis; War Signs Grow Stronger Market Sinks. 

--US DoJ Warns Companies To Tighten Up Security Against Potential Increased Russia Cyber Assault Activity.00Russia Troop Count On Ukraine Borde Now Up to 190K. 

--Police Officer Kim Potter (Gun Instead Of Taser) Sentenced To 2 Years. 

-- Minnesota Rep. Jim Hagedorn(R), 59, Died Thursday Night After 2 Year Battle With Kidney Cancer. 

 

So, if one way of getting around the big energy resources card that Putin holds is by going electric car, how do we get around the big card bring held by China where Chinese chemical companies accounted for 80% of the world’s total output of raw materials for advanced batteries. Remember when the USA had it all. 

 

This new “Word” of mine continually alerts me to the number of corrections it is making in my writing. I wrote back to Microsoft and told that my readers are already doing that, so I’m not paying for it.  

 

One of the biggest battles just erupting in the USA is the Trump family against NY legal authorities. As you Probably have read, a NY SC Judge ruled that DT, Ivanka and DT, Jr must answer NY AG questions under oath. The appeals could last for 20 years. 

 

It’s tough being a police officer these days. 

 

Today is National Wine Day, just in case anybody needs an excuse. 

 

“I like cottage cheese. I’m interested in trying all the other dwelling cheeses. How about studio apartment cheese? Tent cheese? Mobile home cheese? Do not eat mobile Home cheese in a tornado. -- Mitch Hedberg. 

 

This is “Hamburger” Bender” Weekend in town. They expect forty some restaurants ot compete for best burger. That means that chefs will throw everything in their fridge and pantry between the two bun halves. And there is a high likelihood you will never taste the meat! And if you do taste the meat, it will be an amalgamation pf several kinds of meat or beef varieties which will not taste anything like a hamburger.  

 

That's my old curmudgeons rant for today. 

 

My doctor told me my bad cholesterol was far too low. So, now I'm into bacon sandwiches. I don’t think that is what she had in mind. 

 

The Answer: 

Number One is Arnold – Schwarzenegger, that is. Next is Sylvester Stallone followed by Bruce Willis, Jackie Chan, Keanu Reeves, Bruce Lee, Jason Statham, Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford and Chuck Norris. Sean Connery is 15, Denzel Washington 16, Mel Gibson 17, Charles Bronson 20, Tom Cruise 22 and mighty John Wayne – 28. Tommy Lee Jones and Steve McQueen were #’s 39 and 40. The first women and only one in the top 30 was Milla Jovovich at #21. The next woman at # 38 is Sigourney Weaver.  

 

“I went the store to buy a candle holder, but it didn’t have any. So, I bought a cake.” --Mitch Hedberg. 

 

Have a great weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment