Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Pundemic.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5102

All it takes to deflate a balloon is one pin jab:

 

About 21 years ago the Rams lost a Superbowl to another second year Quarterback. Then they were the St. Louis Rams and the QB was GOAT in the making, Tom Brady. It was his first. Sunday The LA Rams face another second year QB in Joe Burrow. JB could be the next TB in many ways starting with a win on Sunday. Joe Burrow (2020) will not be the only #1 NFL Draft QB pick on the field. The Rams QB Matt Stafford was #1 in 2009! Matt just was unfortunate to have had to labor under the often-inept management of some pretty mediocre Detroit Lions teams. So, we have two #1’s this weekend, and I’m picking the old guy to guide the Rams to a win. LAR’s defensive linemen Aaron Donald and Von Miller may just be a little too much for Joe B to handle.

 

Yes, we are in a pundemic because too many people are sitting at home finding bad jokes to send to each other. And that is often more painful than the disease. I fact, death may be a welcome solution to the suffering from pus.

 

In a new Global crisis, the British are up Iin arms because “Wordle is using American English. Putin said to be moving troops into UK to assist Brits defend honor against Russia foe. Gadzooks! What kind of a world do we live in?

 

I can see the day when people start naming their Kids using upper- and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols. I’ll just call my kid by his nickname, &.

 

The Question:

Tom & Jerry was created 82 years ago today. Name five other great cartoons from the minds of Hanna-Barbera.

 

The Headlines:

--Consumer Prices Rise 7.5% For The 12 Months Ending In January; It Is The largest Increase Since 1982; Housing, Food And Energy Biggest Contributors; Markets Open Lower.

--Russia Begins Military Drills In Belarus; Diplomatic Talks Ramp Up.

--“Wheel Of Fortune” Produces 3 Consecutive $100K Winners.

--Prince Charles Tests Positive For Covid For Second Time.

 

It looks like we will have to abide inflation and its effect on the markets for a while now. That’s just the kind of financial world we live in now.

 

I walk these streets of my small city a lot. I’m happy I haven’t been shot yet. Isn’t it odd, or should I say sad, that I would have to think like that? In America. In a civilized country.

 

Happy 82nd Anniversary to the great cartoon Tom and Jerry, created this day long ago by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera.

 

I get the feeling that things have come to a halt in DC. I think it is because the Dems are trying to figure out what they have to do to retain congress in November 2022.

 

I remember inflation of 1982. I had two houses and the mortgages were humongous. That was because of high interest rates. Today you only need one house out-of-sight mortgage payments. Mainly because people are paying more than they can afford for housing.

 

I’ll tell you a coronavirus joke now, but you will have to wait two weeks to see if you get it.

 

I would hope that in the future people would vote for candidates who show courage of their convictions instead of those polls who just spout party lines. As long as they adhere to all my beliefs.

 

The Answer:

Tom & Jerry was first in the theaters, but HB also dominated TV for quite a while. #1 is Scooby Doo followed by the Flintstones, The Jetsons, Tom & Jerry, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Top Cat, Quick Draw McGraw, Smurfs and Whacky Races.

 

Well, it is a sad day. I just made my last NFL game prediction for the next 7 months or so. The Tids-Pickers had a decent year. Next year, 75%!

 

I sorely miss those days when I knew more than my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment