Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Bring them home.

 

Today's Tids Issue 5,279 

Pausing: 

 

 

It doesn’t look too good for the missing Titanic tourist sub this morning. By all estimates, the oxygen is most likely depleted or just about gone. And as we feel for these unfortunate souls, a rising chorus is already complaining about the cost of trying to save those who brought about their fate themself.  The fact remains that most people still hold life of humans as sacred despite all the negativity of callous mass killings and others seemingly disregarding the value of human life. More people still care in this world and want to give everybody a chance. 

 

The little old lady who lived in a shoe wasn't the sole owner - there were strings attached. 

I had this though the other day as I was walking up Broadway here and noticed many of the homeless or aimless wanderers wore their baseball hats representing their Military units. And I was thinking that with all the money the government wastes why doesn’t reorient a billon or two hundred to build housing complexes for the unfortunate guys and gals who gave it all for America. I'm envisioning barracks-like mini communities, perhaps called, “The Company" where these tired warriors could find a little rest 

Years ago when I was a teenager I had a summer job at a gas station …. Back in those days it wasn’t self-service , so my job was to put gas in cars when a customer arrived. I always remember this one particular day when an old chap pulled in and said he wanted a fill-up. Then he got out of the car with a parasol, opened it, and followed me around as I worked, holding it over my head to keep the sun off me. Bit awkward , but it was a really hot day so I thanked him as he paid and he drove away. About week later, he came back for a fill up. Again, he got out of the car with the parasol and opened it, but this time he just stood there watching me work in the baking heat. I asked, “So you’re not gonna use that to keep the sun off me this time?” He retorted... “Watch it, young man. Fuel me once, shade on you. Fuel me twice, shade on me!” 

 

God help me.  

The Question: 

A poll answered by 35,000 asked, “Who are the greatest actors who have never won an Oscar?” Name the top ten. 

The Headlines: 

--Fed Chief Hawking Hikes Has Stocks Hunkering Down; In Surprise Move Bank of England Raises Rates to 5%. 

--Titanic Sub Most Likely Out of Oxygen. 

--Moscow Court Rejects Appeal by Wall Street Journal Reporter Evan Gershkovich; Charged with Espionage He will Remain in Custody until August 30; Another Russia Court Dismissed Navalny's Reques for Writing Materials. 

--Repub Poll: Trump 53%, DeSantis 33%  

--NBA Draft Begins Tonight. 

--UConn Inks NCAA Championship Coach Dan Hurley to $33 Mill Six Year Contract. 

--House S Censures Adam Shiff F for Unsubstantiated Claims About Trump Russia Involvement 

In a new Yahoo News/ You Gov Poll: 57% of Americans say Trump should be convicted of charges. In the same poll 53% of Repubs say he should be the Next president. The world is whacky. 

On Jeopardy the other night, the question was, “Fill in the blank in the following well known statement, “Our Father who art in heaven (Blank) be thy name”. Not one contestant rang in to even attempt an answer. What more can I say. And people wonder where morals have gone and why respect for others and general all- around understanding and giving is disappearing. Church was good even if you didn’t believe in God. 

I think that the TV show, “So help me Todd” could be a pretty good light and enjoyable mystery show if it didn't try to walk along the woke line. Actually, I think a of possible good TV plots lose their way trying to deliver subliminal sermons of the woke variety 

Scallops wrapped in bacon is still one of my favorite Hors D’oeuvres. My problem is that I get embarrassed when I take six or seven when the tray passes by.  

My big question that haunts me is, If the universe does in fact actually end out there somewhere, what’s on the other side 

I believe there are some good people running for the Repub nomination. But the band wagon effect so prevalent in current US elections seems to leave everyone but the two highly publicized in dust. I think it is sad.  

I love being optimistic. It can be disappointing at times, but it is really the best way to go. If you manage optimism with realism you'll probably be ok. 

And last night on Jeopardy, a guy who was said to be in Crypto Currency answered questions like a guy in a business where shooting from the hip is the accepted norm 

An expert doctor talking about the oxygen supply and the possibility of increased Carbon Dioxide in the Underwater craft noted that when they become unconscious, they won’t be able to help themselves communicate to the surface. Hmmm 

The Answer: 

Number one is Alan Rickman. He is followed by Ian McKellen, William DeFoe, Samuel l. Jackson, Johnny Depp, Clint Eastwood, Ralph Fiennes, Edward Norton, Liam Neeson and Robet Downy Jr. The Next ten are Harrison Ford, Donald Sutherland, James Earle Jjones, Woody Harrelson, John Malkovich, Michael Keaton, Patrick Stewart, Ed Harris, Christopher Lee and Charlies Chaplin. (Note, Sutherland won a Lifetime achievement Oscar.) 

 

Number 21 was Hugh Jackman. Here is he singing in his Oscar nominated role Les Miz -- singing what we all may feel about the those people lost. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment