Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, June 23, 2023

Nothing on my mind.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,280 

Dangling toes in a cool stream: 

 

 

Ah Friday, the last day of the week! 

And now we hope the sun will peek 

As we fish the brook trout creek. 

As relaxation and retreat we all seek 

From cacophonous political-speak. 

 

MLB is out there pushing gambling and even endorsing a gambling website with their logo, and poor oid Pete Rose, a truly gifted player and hitter, can’t get into the hall of fame.  

 

Remind me never to accept an invite the White House for a state dinner while Jill is picking the menu. 

 

(This spot is being reserved for commentary on real news.) 

 

The Question: 

There is no way anybody will agree to the answer for this; What are the 25 best novels ever written? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Countries Globally Raising Interest Rates; WS Fearing Renewed Rate Aggression Here Despite Powell’s Semi Calming Words Yesterday; VIX, Volatility Index also Known on the Stret as the “Fear Index” Hits New Two Year Low.  

--Titanic Tourist Sub said to Have Had a “Catastrophic Implosion”. Killing All Five Occupants; Experts Say There is Little Hope of Ever Recovering Remains.  

--US Bee Colonies Continuing to Suffer Big Losses. 

--Wembanyama Chosen First in NBA Draft by San Antonio as Expected.  

--In 8-1 Decision, SC Hands Biden Admin Win on GOP State’s Immigration Standing Ruling.  

 

 

In this anything goes world, we are now seeing some pretty deplorable, distasteful TV commercials.  

 

Let’s hear it for Joe Ryan of the Minnesota Twins, a pitcher... now you may not believe this,… who pitched an entire nine inning game yesterday. All by himself. Holy Yesteryear, Batman! 

 

Let's hope that parents don't jump on the electric bike bandwagon and buy them for kids. Kids need exercise, not a win in the cultural competition column.  

 

Unfortunately, now the lawyers will rush in where brave Coast Guard and Navy people fought to save lives. That's just the way it is, unfortunately. 

 

 

I would be a very poor entrepreneur because I can't believe people actually buy some of the stuff I see on store shelves.  

 

Speaking of lawyers, Oregon is suing the petroleum companies saying they caused the 2021 heat wave. Holy Frivolity, Batman! I would also make a really bad personal injury lawyer because I can hear myself telling clients, “Are you Nuts... You’re suing for that!!” Then I’d laugh and the person would hire another lawyer to sue me for insulting them  

 

A bird laying by the pool soaking up the sun while eating ice cream is a baskin’ robin. (From the kind heart of the TPL) 

 

Hunter Biden looks more guilty on some of his international business dealing tricks than on the charges gently tossed at him last week. At least that is what my reading of a whistle blower’s reports tells me. It seems he had a tendency towards extortion. And used a pretty powerful name as his muscle.  

 

Here si the Baddie for the day: A guy goes to the doctor. 

Guy: "Doctor, I have a problem. Put your ear next to my left thigh & listen." Doctor does this & hears a tiny voice: "Lend me $20 please? I'll pay it back next week." Doctor: "How strange." Guy: That's nothing. Put your ear next to my left knee." The doctor obeys & hears a tiny voice: "Lend me $10 please? I'll pay it back next week." Doctor: " Well that's just weird!" Guy: "Now listen to my left ankle."  
The doctor obeys again & hears the tiny voice: "Lend me $5 please? I'll pay it back next week, honest I will." The doctor is totally shocked & says he'll consult his colleagues & medical journals.  
An hour later, he returns & says: "We've assessed the situation, but all we can determine is that your leg is broke in three places. 

 

I seem to be eating fewer Cheetos but Istill paninc when I run out.  

The Answer: 

#1 is 1984. Next is Frankenstein followed by The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Kings, Crime and Punishment, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, A Christmas Carol. Treasure Island, The Count of Monte Christo, and #10, Hobbit. Nest are The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, The Iliad/The Odyssey, Picture of Dorian Grey, Pride and Prejudice, Dracula, Return of the King, To Kill a Mockingbird, What Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Fahrenheit 451, Anna Karenina, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Of Mice and Men, The Two Towers, Jane Eyre and at #25, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. ,  

 

Have a great weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y! 

No comments:

Post a Comment