Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Hey, we are us!


Today's Tids Issue 5,278 

Seek the heat: 

 

Happy Summer everybody! Happy sweat pouring down your back. Happy complaining about the heat. Happy climate changers reminding us of high temperatures. Happy Macaroni and potato salad overkill. Happy mosquito bites. Happy sluggish feelings all day long. Hey, I'm just kidding. I love summer. My body slows down so much that naps come far easier. 

 

A reader writes to tell me that he is amazed at how much exercise and extra fries sound alike! 

 

Let's see... I could type really, really fast and get this mess out before 10:57 EDT and you would have it in time to help you officially welcome Summer. Or I could type more methodically so you would find far more comfort reading with only slightly annoying Typos as opposed to the mind-numbing variety 

 

My gut is telling me that it will have to be a miracle of unheard-of proportions to get those titanic tourists back up safely and alive. There will be less than 20 hours of oxygen remaining after this Tids goes out, and a task that is considered superhuman to retrieve and get the sub opened. We can only pray. I mean, that's about it. 

 

The Question: 

What is the name of Earth’s moon? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets Fade After Powell Speaks Reinforcing Previous Promise to Keep on Raising Rates. 

--Powell to Also Speak to House Today and Senate Tomorrow on Recent Bank Failures. 

--Sounds Heard That May Have come From Missing Titanic Tourist Sub; Former Employees Had Warned that there were Clear Signs Sub Could Become Unsafe Over Time. 

--Ford, GNM and Rivian Joining Telsa Charger Network; Some Critics Argue that Monopoly Charging is Bad for Future of EV.  

--Former Bright Star De Santis Seems to be Struggling to Gain Traction. 

 

I stood watching my neighbor waving for ten minutes to the women in the house next door until he realized she was washing her windows. 

 

I realize that the national weather news has been focusing on the extraordinary high Temps and general weather weirdness in teh south and southwest, but around here it has been in the high fifties to low sixties and even cooler with stiff breezes.  

 

Remember the name Victor Wembanyama. He is sure to be the first pick in the NBA draft beginning tomorrow night. He will go to San Antonio, and it is expected he will return that club to the glory days of Tim Duncan and David Robinson. He will be known as “Wemby” to fans. Seems like a nice guy and is an import from France.  Yes, tomorrow you will have a chance to watch the birth of instant multi-millionaires, just like that. 

 

And just be prepared for the Americanization of Wemby, which means over-hyping -- which is they way of our world these days.  

 

Nothing would surprise me anymore. On Monday night after the end of a Juneteenth celebration I heard some important guy (Sorry, I missed his name) at a podium saying that the Fourth of July isn't important at all to him or his people. I would not be surprised if there was some movement afoot to change the American flag. For instance, I could see some group calling for the stripes to cease representing the founding colonies and replacing that with the various Native American Nations. And the stars representing the top Hollywood Climate change celebs. Nothing would surprise me. We just have to keep on fighting to retain the great foundations of the United States of Amariea and most importantly, bringing back the word United.  

 

I keep on getting some special offers because I am an AOL member. have never ever had anything to do with AOL in my life. I was an EarthLink guy.  

 

If you’ve seen one summer festival you’ve seen them all. Yes, I am one crusty curmudgeon. And I love the elimination of cultural stress that goes along with it. 

 

In a clearly stupid, ignorant act, the New England Patriots’ DB Jack Jones packed two loaded unregistered guns into a carry-on bag and went to the airport. Obviously, he was caught red handed.  His lawyer took to the soap box to paint the incident as racist. HIs lawyer, Rosemary Scapicchio, said bigots and racists have labeled him a “Thug”. But the news records searched thoroughly show that no responsible report used the word thug in connection with Jack Jones. I just don’t believe shouts of racist accusations anymore. Which is sad in for all those events where racism may be the problem.  

 

There could be a lot of “1’s” in Wordle today! I use a quite obscure start word, yet over time I see it as balancing out quite well. It only fails me when my mind is sluggish. So, I won't sue my word because generally it is my fault. 

 

The Answer: 

In 1976 the International Astrological Society gathered together a group of the most knowledgeable scientists and stargazers to give our moon its official name: “The Moon”. Yup, folks, that is it. But the lovable orb of poets and songwriters still makes love swoon under a silvery moon in June. Kind of a quizzical letdown wasn't it? 

 

I guess what I hate most in life is being stereotypical. 

 

It is 10 48 and I'm getting ready to send this out before Summer begins. Yay! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment