Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's a camouflage world.

Today's Tids Issue 2,188
Opening Stuff:

I was thinking this morning…You know how it has become popular to embed news people within the ranks of the military as they bravely try to fight wars against people who really want to kill them. And how the soldiers and their leaders have to spend too much time worrying about how what they do may be looked upon on the Tube or in print. So…why not have the press embedded in the families of Congress people as they go one their extended summer breaks. Think of all the great stuff we could get for the Tids.

World out of Whack Department:
(Or is it “Whacky World” department?) When you adjust for inflation, it would cost $159 million 2009 dollars to build the titanic. It cost over $200 million in 2009 dollars to make the movie about the titanic.

The Question:
Give me twelve good reasons to continue eating fattening foods laden with rich creamy gravy.

The Headlines:
--Tropical Storm Colin Forms In Atlantic; Could Follow Atlantic Coast track.
--Senate To Start Kagan Debate Today.
--Six Teens Drown After Stepping From Wade-able Shallows Into 20 Foot Chasm In Louisiana’s Red River; Non-Swimming Adults Watch Helplessly as Non-Swimming Teens Die.
--Market Enters Mystery Day; Bulls Not Sure Whether To Take Profits Of Keep Mo Going.
--State Workers Having to Work Longer To Collect massive Pensions.

Back to More Stuff:

A reader remarked that the Tids editor has a unique ability to write long paragraphs well about nothing. Is that good or bad?

I have a new game …one that allows you to fully understand the meaning of politically related statements. It’s easy. All you do is type out the latest statement about anything from the White House or Congress, and then add the words “For the elections”. It’s fun kids, and it puts everything in perspective. For instance, here’s how the big headline in the morning paper would read: “Obama: US Troop withdrawal from Iraq right on schedule”…”For the elections”. It’s fun and it reminds you that you won’t really know anything factual until after November 3.

I will never watch any TV program that thinks it is a good idea to promote the characters of “Jersey Shore”.

Somebody…anybody…please tell me why it is a good idea to waste time and money talking about giving Billy The Kid a pardon. Does that make him less of a ruthless murderer? Actually it is a lot like the authorities claiming justice by getting Charlie Sheehan to plea to a lesser misdemeanor and wave more severe charges. Does that make him any less of a woman abuser or general all around out of control ass hole?

Yesterday I mentioned a series of today’s trendy popular songsters of whom I had never heard or even having seen their names. And, then last night I read that Mitch Miller, host of the highly successful Sing Along With Mitch TV program (Bouncing ball and all), died at 100. His was a program about songs with melodies and cornball lyrics where people actually sat in their living rooms and sang with Mitch and his chorus. You’d have to wonder what today’s kids would think about that. What they would think of the older people who actually enjoyed watching it. Maybe they’d find “Sunny Side of the Street” more enjoyable than “Murder Yo Hoe”. Maybe.

You have to love the sympathizers of the disadvantaged who are condemning new financial regs that make it harder for those who can’t pay to get loans. Have they looked at the bloodshed across the country lately? At the disadvantaged who are far more disadvantaged today as they wallow in the aftermath of bad loans. Whatever happened to renting and saving?

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 87 continues. –I could tell that Kent still loves me deeply. But, for the first time he appeared conflicted. Then, I was unsure of myself when I walked in. Conflicted myself. And as much as I wanted not to feel his presence, I felt it more than ever. Is it because I believe it, us, me and Kent, is nearing an end, and I could never imagine life without knowing he would be there. And I want us to be together more than ever even as I learn more about Kent’s possible implications in something very big and very dirty at BiEm.
I closed the door of Marie’s and stepped down to the parking lot, still thinking about Kent and I running to some glorious place. Nothing makes sense. Why would I even think of leaving Paul and the children? But, I do freely. Is deep love such a master? Is it deep love or the pure joy of sex? Or is it just illicit sex? Am I that much in need beyond something that is entirely correct and beautiful? I have it all, don’t I?
I saw a movement as I walked around the back of my car to the driver’s side. It was just a green Chevy pulling out from the rear of Marie’s. I looked at the driver. Did he look away from me? I don’t remember him as one of the four people in the small room. I quickly looked away and opened my purse to fish out my keys. I think I have seen that Chevy before. Things that don’t belong stand out in small towns.
Does Marie think that Kent and I don’t belong enjoying each other in her place?
I started the car, backed up and entered slowly onto Main Street. Then I gunned it and sped off. I didn’t turn around to look but looked in the rear view mirror. I didn’t see the car enter the road from Marie’s parking lot. Maybe it was my imagination.

Some guy on early morning radio (Really early morning) said that we need these illegal immigrants because they will be the basis of our taxes going forward. In other words, he was saying that to maintain our leadership position in the economic world we need to have lots of Mexicans sneaking in to provide tax money for future bloated governments in say 2050…when whites will most certainly be a minority. Pew Research projects the Hispanic population to be 29% (Now 14%) by 2050. The rest: Whites 47% (67%), Black 13% (13%), Asian 9% (5%) and Foreign Born 19% (12%).

Frankly, I’m a little surprised at the low number of Asians. Oh, wait a minute, they’re coming in legitimately.

It’s not hard to believe that while congress was messing around trying to come up with regulations for credit cards, credit card companies were getting creative with new ways to entrap consumers into new schemes. Politicians will do anything to get elected and businesses will do what it takes to keep the money rolling in. It is just a basic law of nature.

The Answer:
According to “Consumer Reports”, 12 so-called dietary supplements many with the label “Natural” are contaminated and can cause liver and kidney damage, heart rhythm disorders and unhealthy blood pressure levels…and cancer. This is not a good thing. The dirty dozen are aconite, bitter orange, chaparral, colloidal silver, coltsfoot, comfrey, country mallow, germanium, greater celandine, kava, lobelia and yohimbe. Make that a Big Mac and large fries please.

The End:
I just hope the Tids turn out to be better than August. That’s not asking for too much, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment