Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

You can have my GPS thank you!

Today's Tids Issue 2,205
Opening Stuff:

Where is Noah when you need him?

What if everybody in the world bought a T-Shirt with that message from the trapped miners on front. It would raise money for the rescue and the miners families and remind everybody that there are still people in this world with self-discipline and strength of character. I’d wear one.

How about if kids wore one that said on the back, “No thanks Mom and Dad, I don’t need another iPod.”

I see where Elizabeth Hasselbeck has come out saying she isn’t as conservative as she appears to be while battling the liberal antagonizers on The View. In fact she says, I would call myself a Federalist! Wah, I’ll be doggone!...I’m a federalist too! She says she wants the power to get back to the states so we can stop the mandates from big Gov. I like a strong, but limited Federal government, with all issues not involving defense, interstate commerce, foreign treaties and…and…hmmm…anything else?...being determined within the individual states.

The Question:
Since his early fame as a well known super spy, Sean Connery has become one of the most watchable actors of our time. Name his first three super spy movies and five of his other best performances.

The Headlines:
--McCain And Jan Brewer Romp In Arizona GOP Primaries; GOP Rubio And Dem meek Look Strong In Florida – Will Face Indy Crist; Alaska GOP Sen Murkowski In Trouble Against Unknown Palin Backed, Gun totin’ Miller; Ben Quayle Overcomes “Dirtiest Campaign” To Take Congress Nod In AZ
--Stock Futures Fall On Much Lower than Expected Durable Goods Orders Report.
--43 Dead After String Of New Attacks In Iraq.
--Danielle Downgraded To Tropical Storm.
--RI One Of Ten States To receive “Race To The Top” Grants For Education Reform.
--Iran Says It has Successfully Test-Fired New Short range Surface To Surface Missile.
--Wild Fires Destroy 11 Homes Outside Of Ashland Oregon.
--Toyota Sets Goal Of 5 Million Hybrids By 2015.

Back to More Stuff:
Potato Chips are starting to approach overpriced status.

No Thanks to New Technology Department:
The Cal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that it is ok for government agents to sneak into your driveway and secretly attach a GPS device to your car without a warrant. Can you say George Orwell? These dreamers who must be overdosing too much on that pervasive California Medical Pot say it doesn’t violate your 4th Amendment Rights because, “…you do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy in your own driveway - and no reasonable expectation that the government isn't tracking your movements.” Is there any common sense left in this world?

If you need a dose of convoluted logic on a daily basis you can always find it in those so-called intellectual Op-Ed pieces (Left or Right) in your daily newspaper.

The media has so successfully demonized the Tea Party movement that many conservative candidates are hedging their relationship with this broad group of concerned Americans.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 90 continues. –“Well boss, that noise you heard when you called in was Jack. Jack as in your boss. He was here to tell me that he was putting me in charge of the BiEm account in place of you, He’ll be calling you I’m sure.”
“Looks like I’m too late. What did he say to you?”
“He was not kind to you, which I thought was odd for Jack. He told me he had a call from Isabelle who told him that you had been distant and distracted. Jack said he had noticed that too. And, you know that I have mentioned to you that I was concerned about your lack of response at times.”
I took it in and wasn’t surprised. Of course I was distracted, I thought. For the past several months I’ve been thinking of the next time I could see Kent. Like I’m starting to feel now. “I’ll handle Jack. What are our lawyers saying?”
“Do you mean about the technology scam?” I nodded at the phone knowing that my silence would keep Bill talking. “Well, they don’t like it more and more.”
“I don’t either, and I think it is going to get much worse for a lot of people at BiEm. The first thing I want you to do as the new manger of the BiEm account,” I said that sarcastically, “Is to go down to Jack’s office and tell him that HR&L should cancel its financial agreement with BiEmbryo. Here’s what you should say to back up your reccomendation.” I outlined a vigorous defense for his decision. To which Bill immediately responded.
“You don’t sound distracted, Boss,” He said in a smiling tone.
“I’m not at all. This is very important and you have to get it done.” Then I added, “I’m coming into the office.” As I hung up, I looked around the room at three questioning faces. I put on my most confident face, “I’ll explain later. What else do we have to talk about?”

A reader sends in a list of the worlds shortest books. They include: “The Amish Phone Directory”, “Things We Know To Be True” by John Kerry and Al Gore, “My Black Girl Friends” by Tiger Woods, “Dating Etiquette” by Mike Tyson, “Things I cannot Afford” by Bill gates and Things I Did To Earn The Nobel Peace Prize by Barack Obama.

The best selling book in China is about how Goldman Sachs is out to kill China. It draws heavily on information from a Rolling Stine Magazine article – “…a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money." – and adds its own sensationalized descriptions of the all consuming financial giant. Author Li who describes the company as, “…(having the) cruel character of a Manchurian tiger, the group creeps around the world, like a veteran hunter stalking its prey, when it smells blood it pounces!", says his book is no exaggeration and that Goldman may have been the cause of the entire world crisis.

Because housing sales aren’t up to the level of the go-go years, some economists are calling for a “Double Dip”. In fact it is the main topic of discussion this last week of Summer vacations. The fact is that the Housing boom was an aberration from true economic reality. Most of the excess sales in the market were the result of selling to people who couldn’t afford what they were buying. It is unfair to measure a recovering economy against a major industry sales curve that should never have happened. Now, there is a real problem with the growth of the National Debt. And the Global banking Leaders are now meeting with the idea of printing more money at the top of their wish list.

The Answer:
Connery as James Bond came on the scene with three early winners – Dr. No, From Russia with Love and Gold Finger. He actually made 7 Bond movies in all with the other four being Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, Diamonds Are Forever and Never say Never Again. He won awards for his work in The Untouchables, The Name of The Rose, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and The Hunt for the Red October. Personally he was in one of my favorite all time movies “The First Great Train Robbery.” H was always a joy to watch and might also be remembered for Rising Sun, The Russia House and Finding Forester. I’m sure you have other favorites.

The End:
New technology lets other people find you maybe when you don’t want to be found. Allows the world to know your every action if you are inclined to be an open book. Allows small events in once obscure locations have an effect on your daily life within seconds. Allows the Tids to sneak into your home when you are not looking. See, technology looks good, but in reality it could ruin your life. Where’s my cave?

No comments:

Post a Comment