Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A little Good in everything..somewhere.

Today's Tids Issue 2,193.
Opening Stuff:

It’s a little scary, but I think I really am maturing. And, it’s helping my golf.

AMC’s Rubicon is grabbing me. This is not an in your face spy/conspiracy thriller like say “24”, but it dishes out enough each week to keep you coming back…and thinking. Really thinking. I like it because it is several cuts above the usual crap on TV. I am being sucked in, even though at this time I have little idea about what is really going on. Just to know that something is going on is good enough for me

The Question:
Believe it or not, Little Eddie Fisher with the big voice is 82 today. Name his wives and five of his all time great hits.

The Headlines:
--Former Alaska Senator Stevens And 8 Others Die In Plane Crash; Former NASA Chief O’Keefe Also On Plane.
--Afghan Civilian Deaths Jump 25% In First Half Of 2010.
--Saudi Says OK To Continuing Blackberry Service.
--Gitmo Trial begins Today With Alleged Fifteen Year Old Bomb Thrower Defense Team Expected To Employ Extreme Heart Tugging.
--Strong response rate Returns $1.6 Billion Of Census Budget; Yeah, Right…Like We’ll Ever See It.
--All Wall Street Eyes Today On the Fed; Market Opens Lower As Economy Stumbles..
--Defense Department To Cut 10% of Private Contractors.
--US Productivity Falls 0.9%

Back to More Stuff:

Yesterday’s Tids would have been pretty good if I had gotten them out in a timely manner!

I’m one of those people who doesn’t rejoice over the prospects of not having a yard to maintain. In fact, I would feel at a loss if I ever had to move into a condo. But then I was thinking as I played golf. That if I could get into the traps often enough I could at least keep my raking skills at a high level. There’s a little good in everything.

When celebrities say something is “No big deal”…it probably is.

It appears that 0-Man’s charm campaign to woo business people is falling as flat as Jason Voorhees at a teen party. Upset about new regulations, misguided policies and the demagoguing of financial people and BP, you are hearing a steady stream of comments form biz leaders like: “(Obama) has nurtured an increasingly hostile environment for investment and job creation”; “The truth is that not even the FDR administration was as hostile to and ignorant about free enterprise…” ; Even former big time O-Supporter Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan has been lashing out against admin and congressional moves. The big problem for Dems – Business and financial community money will be going to Republicans.

And, if I start hitting greens instead of traps, I’ll have plenty of green repair practice. In fact, even if I don’t hit greens, I’ll have plenty of other people’s ball marks to fix.

People who don’t fix ball marks are right down there with litterers. And, in my mind, that is pretty darn low. Right next to reality show celebrities.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 89. –“Your woman is starting to bother us.”
I’m beginning to find Isabelle very irritable. “Is that any way to start a conversation with an old friend?”
She didn’t answer and she didn’t change her tone. “She spotted our tale and evaded him. She’ll be talking to her husband and that damned sheriff.”
“So?”
“This is serious Kent, she responded immediately. You can’t play your games and wave wands to make this go away.” She paused. “What’s happening with Laura?”
“I’m on my way to see her now,” I answered quickly to move this conversation along.
“She might be a loose end.” And then she added, “Anybody who isn’t me might be a loose end.”
“I’ll call you when you are in a better mood.” I hung up before she answered. I thought I knew Izzy better. After I calm Laura I’ll go see her. We can’t let panic ruin a good plan. She already stirred up something when she let Sally go. Sally is very good at putting together 2 and 2, and there are a lot of two’s floating around our group. Now that she’s mad, they will appear as clear as day to her.
My biggest concern is Sarah/Maggie. Not because I think she’ll find something, but because I feel for her far beyond my fears about what she may have learned. I’d better call our security sleeze.

The Answer: Eddie fisher was one of the most popular singers of his day. But, he was also the focus of some of Hollywood’s all time juiciest Gossip. Like when he gave up Debbie Reynolds for Elizabeth Taylor and all were amazed. (What does he have?, men thought). And then how he got aced out by Richard Burton for his wife Liz. His third famous wife was Connie Stevens as he went back to cute and bubbly after Taylor. He was also married to Terry Richard and Betty Lin. His marriages to the bouncy twosome of Reynolds and Stevens produced four children. His top songs and their chart positions were O My PaPa (1), Wish You Were Here (1), Any Time (2), Tell Me Why (4), I’m Yours (3), I’m Walking Behind You (1), Many Tines (4) and I need You Now (1). Those were just the songs that made it to the top four. H e had seenteen others that made the top 10 and 75 overall. Fisher was big. Although he was short.

A conservative only wants to self regulate himself. A liberal wants to regulate everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment