Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Cool rushing waters, better than blood pressure medicine.



Today's Tids Issue 3,387
Opening Stuff:

The bubbling ripples of the clear stream were a soothing balm, like a thousand fingers messaging my back. I stood there early in the dawning sun, watching, mesmerized; the waters flowing, jumping, leaping – moving relentlessly to the seas beyond, amidst pebbles, over rocks and branches, though grasses nourished by the rushing waters. It was one of those mornings where the skies were like rich Waterford crystal, and the purity of the morning sun made shadows blacker and greens richer. The coolness of the waters radiating to my face contradicted the warmth of the sun upon my back. It was a perfect merging of my senses, as I stood quietly inhaling the beauty fo God’s realm. I am hypnotized.

I’m thinking that Microsoft’s biggest loss ever is bad news for stability. It indicates a changing world out there. Combine that with previous model computing giant IBM’s consistently declining sales, and you begin to see an old era fighting for a future that may never be; a new era not based on old triumphs. IBM was an icon for over 100 years and Microsoft is getting old at 35. But it’s hard to see FaceBook  and other social networks and App bonanzas lastng that long.

OMG, who is that guy in that old photo standing eagerly next to Jane Fonda as she railed against USA fighting men and women enduring the Viet Nam War. Why, it’s John Kerry. And you thought I was going to say Donald Trump.

The Question:
Double “Q: Blast-a-Roo Day: 1. Theodor Bickel, a great performer and actor, died last night. Among other things, he co-founded with Joan Baez and Bob Dylan the Newport Folk Festival which is still packing them in here. What was his famous Broadway role and for what film was he nominated for an Oscar? 2. Also not with us after yesterday is EL Doctorow. Name 3 of this books.

The Headlines:
--Goldman Analyst Predicts Gold Under $1000.
--Iran Having Trouble Selling Nuke Deal To Hardliners In Country.
--Stocks Hope To rebound From Yesterday’s Down Large; Apple Tumbles After Record Profits But With Little Info About On Watch Product.
--NK Modifying Missile Facility In Preparation For New Launching.
--Kenya All Agog At Prospects Of Seeing Successful Son Of Kenyan return; Kenyan Airline Official Breaches Security Leaking Details Of Obama Trip.

I could see the breakup of Blake Shelton and Martina Lambert coming a mile away.

As one of the new features of the Tids daily hodge-podge, I’ll be looking for contributors to the USA who some failed to be exposed in People mag or on gossip TV, or have a reality show of their own. These will be little tales of success by people whose names may have escaped you, but you are familiar with their output. This the tale of Burt and Roxanne. Old Burt Shavitz was a good old guy and aging hippie selling homemade honey by the side of the road up in Maine. Along comes Rozanne Quimby one day, a single mom hitchhiker on her  way back to the land. She and Burt hit it off and soon the quiet, ingenious Roxanne is making products like candles out of Burt’s leftover Bees wax. By now you probably know I’m talking about Burts Bees, and the popular lip balm, which was sold to Clorox one day for $925 Million! Roxanne is said to be one of the richest in Maine.

I’ve heard of a guy who is an expert on how the Russian people see America. I thought he could tile his Book: “I can see Sarah Palin from here.”

Martin O’Malley is being forced to apologize for saying “All Lives matter”. How crazy is that! What kind of a country are we becoming? Of course, what he should be ashamed of is saying that Climate Change caused ISIS.

It’s summer and temps across the country are hot as they always are in Mid July. Yet CBS News last night went overboard with exclamations of wilting Americans. Personally, I think it’s been the coolest July in Memory. But that’s the hysterical media for you. Oh yeah, and after they show red hot areas on a USA map, they immediately cut to a photo of a glacier or monster ice pack. And then of course to NYC underwater. They do it eery year and continually fool people with no memory.

A jumper cable walks into a bar and the bartender says, “I’ll serve you, but don’t start anything.”

By the way, the hot new Broadway ticket will probably be the new show “Amazing Grace”. And it will be extolled by critics and morning talk shows. While I can fully understand the significant meaning of that often sung song to a people, and appreciate the emotion of a play that salutes the hymn writer, a former slave trader who found love of humans – I personally have never thought that was particular pleasant hymn to sing.

The Parking Lot: Chapter 5 continues…
    She was standing in front of me but somehow had disappeared into her own thoughts. I saw her eyes quickly scanning the areas around where I snatched the cardboard box. There was something haunting about her presence now. Her pure beauty intensified. I found myself now staring as intently at her as she was nto space, inot her own thoughts. Suddenly she broke her trance. “I’ve got to go.” She turned and went to the stairs that would bring her down to my front door. At the top of the steps, she turned and in a voice as soft as petals on a rose, she said, “Thanks for everything you did for me”. She turned went down two steps at a time.
   I was fixed in my place, filled with competing emotions. I was stunned. I couldn’t let her go that easy, and I know there is much more to tis crazy series of events. But, now was it the mystery or the woman that intrigued me most.
   I did not bound down the stairs two at a time, but managed to get the front street to see her leave in a four or five year old navy blue Subaru Outback. Then license plate barely came through to these aging eyes, but it looked like Massachusetts four something, something AWG.
   I wrote it down as I only took a few seconds to get to my garage and start the car. But she had a healthy head start, and she didn’t appear to be a woman who would doddle along the road. But, there are only a couple of ways to get off this island and I’m thinking she’s heading for Southeastern Mass.

Trump is getting blasted by Repubs, but keeps on gaining percentage points in the polling race. He is about 24% now in some polls, and disliked by his party. This means he can easily hand the presidency to The Hill by forming a third party. He is striking the hearts of many Repubs, but here is what they are saying, “I like what he says, but I would never vote for him for President” I think that is about it.

A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says to the bartender: “A beer please, and one for the road.”

The Answer:
1. Theodor’s big role was as the original Captain Von Trapp in the Broadway Sound of Music. The Union activist was also great in Fiddler on the Roof. He was a great singer guitar player and received an Oscar nomination for the Defiant Ones. 2. Doctorow’s big, best known book was Ragtime. The well known liberal darling of NYC and active Bush hater also wrote Billy Bathgate, Loon Lake, World’s Fair, Book of Daniel, The March and Waterworks.


No comments:

Post a Comment