Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, July 17, 2015

Out of the fog, a glow takes from.



Today's Tids Issue 3,383
Opening Stuff:

One thing that is sacred to many including myself is a morning without interruption – from happy contrivances like morning TV, or even another person just trying to be friendly. So some morning as the early pure light of dawn filters through fluttering summer leaves, when you see a person standing alone, eyes staring into the consuming comfort of day yet begun, free of encumbrances, just move on and let that little pleasure linger. It’s the nicest thing you can do for a friend or a stranger.

Every day millions of men awaken across America thanking God for khaki pants, which match any shirt they would pull out of the drawer.

The media spent innumerable amounts of time nuancing the description of the killer yesterday as either Domestic or international terrorist or local gunman, or general all-around US nutcase. It seems that we send an awful lot of time on definitions to be sure that even our most ugly, bloodiest moments are politically correct. Considering that shooting in Chattanooga yesterday, I wonder how many other deaths there would have been if the Islamic murderers hadn’t gone on faceBook first, if they had just kept quiet. If somebody named Mohammad starts babbling on social media, send in Dudley Doolittle! Sorry anti-profiling people.

Yesterday was like a day in Fall, and it couldn’t have been better.

The Question:
What three allied partners met together at Potsdam after WWII? Bonus: What five cities do you think are getting the worst financial deal from their sports teams?

The Headlines:
--FBI And Other Law Agencies Looking For Clues To Tennessee Shootings: ISIS Had Tweeted Prediction 15 Minutes Before Mohammad First Pulled Trigger.
--GE, Google and Honeywell Join Mass Of Estimate Busting Profit Makers
--As NASDAQ Surges Investors Are Worrying About new tech Bubble.
--Franklyn Graham Says Iran Deal Is Death Sentence For Israel; Saudi Arabia Says It Will Turn Up Heat On Yemen And Syria Before New  Money Allows Iran To Revive Military
--Colorado Movie Theater Shooter Found Guilty.
--Islamic State Declares Missile Attack On Egypt Naval Vessel.
--“Nessie” Declared To Be Giant Catfish.
--Panned Parenthood Apologizes For Official’s Comments On Fetal Organs.

Have you every noticed that Broadway show revivals which were hailed for their daring do and originality 30, 40, 50 years ago, are now often critiqued as lacking a story line; probably from the same critic who once held it up as breakthrough magic. The only meaningful critic is the one residing in your own brain. What does a critic do anyhow? They precondition minds, which often leads to questioning something you really are enjoying, or creating a mental conflict bordering on diminishing self esteem as you wonder why you don’t see the greatness in a piece of trash beloved by a critic.

Some mornings I wake up and stare at a black piece of paper, suck it up and let the fingers go. Other mornings I stare at a blank piece of paper with a blank mind…and nothing at all happens.

Surprise, surprise! I see where our National police force, judge and jury, Barack Obama, has already announced it was a lone gunman in the Tennessee shootings.

The Emmy selection reviews in the media seem more like white papers on social engineering than entertainment recaps and critiques.

I see that Hillary can’t quite get over using the poormouth strategy. Once again she mis-added numbers when she declared that Repubs were out fund-raising her by a margin of 4-1. The facts: Hillary -- $46.7 Mil; Bernie Sanders - $15 M; Marco Rubio (Highest Repub) $12M. What she did was to take the money raised by the top tier Repubs and add it to a superpac worth $203M to get a total that she says was 4-I, but when you measure all of the Dem money the same way, the ratio falls to 3-1. So it’s all games about money being wasted on too many candidates without a chance. My head hurts.

The scuttlebutt around Europe is that Germany is hoping Greece will do what East Germany did when the West Germans clamped down EG freebies, making  them privatize  industries, liberalize work rules and end food and energy subsidies. The East Germans complained bitterly, but the West Germans made it stick and the result is a unified Germany with all its parts working together and sharing in their prosperity. The stumbling block may well be simple – the Greeks ain’t Germans.

If you still have doubts about whether or not Barack Obama is effective as the community organizer, wait til you see him in congress skirting action for his last year.

The Parking Lot: Chapter 5 continues…
   I stood in the silence of that near empty lot looking at that totally empty spot where the girl of my nightmares had stood no more than 15 seconds ago. Mybe it was an illusion; maybe that two-by-four across my back really did do something to my mind. I walked over behind the historic military building next door to get a peak up the alley on the south side and down another alley east of the old Clark School. It was vacant as the parking lot. I turned and looked at the backs of the buildings lining Thames street and only saw litter and some graffiti, and no hiding places for alluring women.
   “Click.” My head turned back in the direction of the noise near my home to see the gate to a little side yard swinging, clicking against the latch device. Wondering why I didn’t look there first, I started up, now very alert, like the tiger I was 30 or so years ago. Sensing while moving quietly, I gently moved through the open gate and stepped in to a small grassy area. I just stood still, and without turning my head, I moved my eyes from rhododendron to hydrangea to azalea bushes. I saw shape that was not botanical, but didn’t react. I just moved casually so not to frighten her. I knew I would never be able to catch her on my suspect legs, even if I still pretended to be a tiger. But, I could trap her in her corner. I felt her eyes watching my seemingly non-threatening movement. I finally reached a point when I could turn and say gotcha, and her only point of escape would be into my waiting arms.
   I turned quickly facing her, but not saying “Gotcha”. “I’m not going  to hurt you. But I think you need hel,.“ I said kind of sincerely. I waited. In a flash, I heard a rapid rustling of the rhody branches, as she tried to squeeze by without luck. I grabbed her arm, powerfully at first, but quickly relaxing my grip to ease her mind. Her head raised, and I saw her eyes and incredible beauty for the first time. We should talk, I said softly after gaining my composure. Her eyes looked pained, but in her fixed gaze I saw a plea of hope.

Reading Between the Lines Movie Reviews:
--In The Train Wreck, Amy Schumer is the child of a Dad (Coloon Quinn who has taught her that Monogamy isn’t realistic. She lives her uninhibited life by dad’s credo, yet now as a magazine writer she is finding that non-monogamous is monotonous. As she begins to write an article about sports doctor Bill Hader, she experiences  something quite confusing and very delightful – Love. It’s good with maybe more raunch than necessary.
--Movie goers seem to like Ant-Man, the latest from Marvel. Scott Lang teams with mentor Hank Pym to pull off the heist of the century inorder to protect the secrets of is Ant-Man suit, and save the world. Really good, controlled action.
--Mr. Holmes is a good low key, well acted view of the man who may be the original model for all crime solvers. May not be enough action for broader audiences but plenty o good thinking for the thoughtful.


The Answer:
The Odd-Trio of Winston Churchill, President Harry Truman and Psychopath Joseph Stalin met together at Potsdam, the last meeting between the three main allies. Bonus: The five who succumbed to major league sports extortion are Minneapolis, Atlanta, Glendale Ariz, Milwaukee and Washington DC. Of course, in DC, over paying was deemed just another day at the office.

You are probably thinking this is late because I have been watching the British Open. I would have liked that to have been the case. I think it was SMS – Sluggish Mind Syndrome.


Have a great weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y




No comments:

Post a Comment