Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Hole in the wall?

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,828

How revolting:

 

Massive computer programs have been playing games on Wall Street for a number of years now, and maybe yesterday’s abnormal trading events have proven that the Games must stop!

 

I think one of the best slogans for life is, “You can’t tell a book by its cover.” That’s the problem with a sound bite society, and the mass instant communications that go along with it – there are just too may covers parading around, and too many covers left behind.

 

“I have no fear, I only have Love.”  --Stevie Nicks.

 

I lost my job at the bank on my very first day. A woman asked me to check her balance, so I pushed her over.

 

The Question:

What are considered the favorite Ice Cream toppings. Note to grammarians: I always capitalize Ice Cream.

 

The Headlines:

--Markets Surging On 67K Lower New Jobless Claims; Apple Shares Lower After Strong Earnings, As CEO Cook Warms Of Reduced Q2 Expectations On Wearables And Services.

--House Repub Leader Kevin McCarthy Warms fellow Repubs To Stop Bickering, Y To Stop Eating Their Own, To Unify Or They Will Win Nothing In 2022.

--Speaking At Davos World Economic Forum, Putin Warns, “Big Tech Is Driving US Social Divisions.

--Russian Authorities Target Navalny’s Associates, Wife In Raids

 

A truly great friend and Viet Nam veteran who had seen it all reminds me of today, momentous in history -- This day in 1973 when the “Cease Fire” went into effect, signed by South Viet Nam and North Viet Nam. The US was to guarantee the safety of South Vietnam. My friend was in Hue. Later, he tells me, the South Korean Officers provided Champagne and toasted us – “We are happy you will go home… we will die.” Later in 1973, 75,000 NV troops entered SVN through Laos” (“South Vietnam lacked the means to cope with that flagrant breach of the agreement, and although the United States was concerned, U.S. reconnaissance over the corridor was greatly reduced and what remained did not reveal the destination of some major NVA reinforcements moving south in late 1974 and early 1975.

 

It's sad to think of the lives lost there in VN, and all the bodies wracked until this day, and not feel the pain of those where so much of the sacrifice was in vain.

 

I called to make an appointment with a psychic, but she told me I don’t show up.

 

Newspapers are thinner now because in the past they used to publish both sides of the story.

 

Yesterday’s GameStop rampage made instant billionaires out of several people who in the days preceding were running a company that was on the road to bankruptcy, as most gamers will be downloading the games directly from the manufacturers.

 

The GameStop saga is described as the “Proletariat versus the Bourgeoisie. WSB (Reddit’s Wall Street Bets), feels like it is the working class versus the hedge funds, and that is probably correct. A lot of it is the result of day trader pent up aggravation over big Wall Street causing the 2007 crash 13 years ago; the “K” shaped recovery which benefits the wealthy. The tipping point may have been the COVID-19 recovery and the Trillions of dollars injected into the Stock market, “While normal regular people were no longer allowed to work, and went bankrupt” (“Youtuber” Louis Rossman). It is a revolution in a manner of speaking. And we are reminded today that apparently there are 4 million WSB’ers and only 10,000 hedge funds. And there are computer programs.

 

This isn’t EF Hutton’s stock market anymore.

 

Although I have to repeat myself several times for my children to listen, I take great comfort knowing that one day nothing will annoy them more than me repeating myself.

 

Of course, a lot of the big institutional investor population so distasteful to WSB’ers are making money for pensions and other retirees with no other sources of income.

 

People actually read some of the dumb Tid’ jokes. This morning I got a funny reply forma reader in response to yesterday’s joke, “After kissing my girl on her sofa, she said, “Let’s take this upstairs.” “OK,” I said, “You Grab one end and I‘ll grab the other.” The reader’s reply: “How do you kiss a girl on her sofa?  Badda bing!”

 

In the current generational, ideological war culture, we just got to start looking for balance. Balance is the answer. Right now in this beautiful nation of ours there still too much me versus you. And, we can all unify if you listen to me.

 

The Answer:

Ok, number one is Oreo’s. Next is Brownie Bits followed by Chocolate Syrup, Cookie Dough, Whipped Cream, M&M’s, Caramel Syrup. Peanut Butter Cup, Chocolate Chips, Strawberries, Waffle Cone Pieces, Twix, Melted Chocolate, Cookies, Hershey Pieces, Reece’s Pieces, Magic Shell, Fruit, Nutella, Fudge, Cheesecake Bites, Salted Caramel, Bananas and at #25 Marshmallows. My favorite is Butterscotch which is at #27. I also like crumbled Short bread, which isn’t on the list.

 

Scientist: "My findings are meaningless if taken out of context."

Media: Scientist claims "Findings are meaningless."

No comments:

Post a Comment