Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

I need a rest.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4998.

Nothing is new; it's just digital:

 

I read a lot about old times and comments about society then, and it seems to me that factions were saying the same things then as they are saying now, except they are on different sides.

 

Today is the official last day of Summer. But it doesn’t seem that the tourists read the same calendar as I do.

 

In case you hadn’t noticed over the years, two of the main objectives of the Daily Tids is to promote less government and to support people who are constantly fighting the slings and arrows of healthy food warriors.

 

Snaccident …. (n.) eating an entire bag of Cheetos by mistake. (Thanks to a happy Tids punster.)

 

Part of what is making the stock markets a little edgy these days is this sense that we are overdue for a correction. And as we have seen the past several weeks, earnings and growth forecasts going forward have been moderated. The good news is that the big Evergrande scare of yesterday has been known for a couple of months. There has been a lot of hedging going on as funds and investment companies build a more defensive strategy. Yesterday just happened to be a cumulative hedge hogging.

 

Steven Wright is a favored comedian of mine and his jokes have been littering  this mess over the years. “I went to a general store but they wouldn't let me buy anything specific.” --Steven Wright

 

The Question:

What are Director Clint Eastwood’s best movies?

 

The Headlines:

--Market Rallies At Opening; Eases Off At Late Morning; Investor’s Eyes Turn To Two-Day Fed Monetary Policy Meeting Looking For Clue About Ending Massive Stimulus Program; Debt Limit Argument Still Remains A Negative Factor.

--Liberals Lose In Yesterday’s Trudeau Snap Election; While Trudeau Loses Part Of His Majority, Conservatives Fail To Romp.

--Latest Data Following J&J 2nd Shot Has Company In Same League As Moderna, Pfizer Effectiveness.

--Biden To Speak Today To UN General Assembly.

--Gabby Petito Body Identified; Boyfriend Brian Laundrie Still Among The Missing.

 

Years ago, Lenny Bruce was considered a real renegade, even a threat to organized society. He was known as a pretty black humor style comedian. But today, his quotes and lines look pretty interesting: “The American Constitution was not written to protect criminals; it was written to protect the government from becoming criminals.” --Lenny Bruce

 

I hate myself for not being original and using other people’s quotes. Actually, I hate it because you will say, hey these are pretty good or really funny and you might leave here for google to find more. That’s why I always put the ending of the Tids first.

 

To Woke or Not to Woke, Department:

Comedian Leny Bruce was convicted in an obscenity trial for his open free style and critical demeanor, and specifically for jokes that were too sexual and vulgar. What was woke then is on the other side of woke now. He was the first to comment on fake news which he called “Media Sensationalism”. At that time he said of Liberals: “The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them.”

 

“They say the universe is expanding. That should help with traffic.” –Steven Wright

 

Btw, I had one of my more unsettling typos yesterday. In my effort to compliment you all as a discerning audience, I missed by a wide margin when my erratic fingers type in the word “Decreasing. Whoops!. As one reader wrote. “We all know we will all be gone eventually, but you don’t have to remind us!”

 

What’s another word for thesaurus?” –Steven Wright.

 

Obviously, I don’t have much important to say today. Maybe there really isn’t much at all too important to say every day. Maybe that’s why we get so much news that isn’t really important.

 

The Answer:

The #1 bests move directed by Clint is Unforgiven. The rest in order are Gran Torino, The Outlaw Josie Wales, Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River, High Plains Drifter, Pale Rider, Tightrope, Letters from Iwo Jima, Flags of Our Fathers, American Sniper, True Crime, Heartbreak Ridge, The Rookie, Sudden Impact, Play Misty for Me, Space Cowboys, Absolute Power, Breezy, Bridges of Madison County, Changeling, Invictus, Sully and at #25 The Gauntlet. Personally, I always liked him in the Eiger Sanction. I ted to go to movies with titles like “Eiger Sanction”

 

For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier... I put them in the same room and let them fight it out. –Steven Wright

 

People tell me occasionally that I should take a rest from the Tids. I always wonder if they are saying that because they care for my health or just concerned about their own mental stability.

 

On Friday I’ll wake up and type in #5,001. And then I’ll scream wondering what the hell did I just commit myself to! Life can be strange that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment