Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, September 30, 2021

You can never find a good geek when you need one:


Today's Tids Issue 5,005

It happens every time:

 

The morning is a bit grey

But that won’t get in my way

Cause I got to write these words

Before I go out and play,

And even if the skies of grey

Open up to drenching rains

That pour like fresh orange juice,

I’ll still be having a great day

With that built in golfing excuse.

 

(Note: The grey morning faded into a sunny day, but the Tid is got lost in the shuffle due to a cantankerous Dell and a laptop problem that wouldn’t go away. Thank you for your patience, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!)

 

I was thinking the other day when somebody was trying to explain the concept of digital currency and how it can exist pretty much upon much nothing apparently substantial, that it sounded a lot like the US dollar after all of these trillion-dollar Covid programs.

 

“Have you got anything to drink?”

“Water.”

“I meant something harder?”

“Ice.”

 

 

The Question:

What are the 5 best TV shows to Binge watch?

 

The Headlines:

--Markets Sink As Confusion Reigns In Capitol Building, Treasury Yields Rise Again.; S&P To End September Down.

--Seante Passes B Bill To Avoid Shutdown; House Follows; Decision On Raising Debt Limit Must Be Made By October 18.

--Nancy Pushes Against Progressives; Moving Infrastructure Bill Forward.

--China Puts On Eye-Popping High-End Military Technology Show At Giant Air Exhibition.

--Hawaii’s Mount Kilauea Erupts; Homes Not Threatened.

 

On Saturday I had a flu Shot and I already had the Covid vax in their working. And Sunday I started taking an Anti-Biotic. And I’m thinking that My body is like the Middle East with skirmishes against gorilla germs everywhere. No wonder I get tired. And, I thought it was my advancing years.

 

This is a great week of games for the NFL: We went 10-6 again last week bringing our Total to 31 and 17 or (65%)/ The good news is that one og f he best known National NFL Pickers is only at 25-23. Almost every game this week is a tough pick, whether good or bad or indifferent teams are playing. So, I’ll just go through them. Cincy as  has surprised and will continue over Jax. Carolina s 3-0 but without McCaffery, Dallas will win. Minn’s offence awoke last week but I Like Cleveland. The Vikes will win again.  I like Detroit over a confused Chicago. Houston should fall to Buffalo now that Josh Is back in stride. KC will get back on track against Philly. Tennessee over the Jets isa no brainer. The other NYC team, the Giants, is struggling, and though they will put up a good fight against New Orleans, they will lose again. Miami and Indy both need wins badly. I will give Miami a win only because they are home. Wash versus Atlanta became tougher after the Falcons showed life recently. I‘ll stay with them. I see Seattle and San Fran as a great West Coast tussle, but I have to pick SF. GB/Pitt -- Pitt doesn’t seem to have it this year. The Cheese takes down the Steel. Denver has been solid and is at home, But Baltimore is dangerous with Jackson. I think I’ll stick with Denver. The game if the week is another good West Coast affair, the Rams and the Cardinals. The Rams looked great last week Gotta go with them although this is a tossup in my mind. And you thought I was going to say that the game of the week was the Pats against the Bucs with Brady. Well, it is a big game for sure emotionally, but in reality I just can’t see the Pats winning. But an upset would eb delightful! Pick is the Bucs. On Monday night we have a god one too between the Chargers and Raiders, just like the good old days in the AFL. I just don’t have feel for the Chargers. I think I’ll pick the raiders, but I’m really not sure on this one.

 

Fauci: “Covid is a terrifying, deadly disease and we must do everything possible in our power to stop its spread.” I wonder if he has told the President about the spread of untested Illegals and Hattians throughout the country?

 

Most people scratch their heads over the fact while health care people spend their lives helping people recover form illnesses, many seem not to want a vax that would help protect their patients from them.

 

I hate my mood swings. They're great.

 

The Answer:

Game of Thrones is #1. The rest are Stranger Things, Breaking  Bad, The Office , Sherlock, Friends, The Sopranos, House, Better Call Saul and Peaky Blinders.

 

 

Sorry folks, that this was so short today. Technology will do that to you from time to time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment